Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OP Gods need to be balanced!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » OP Gods need to be balanced! 32 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 14, 2013 7:18pm | Report
Anyone who says Loki is overpowered has never been near or watched the competitive scene. His only escapes are his only damage. If he initiates on you, you kill him, plain and simple.
If you're referring to solo lane with Decoy, it doesn't even one shot the minions, and it's at the expense of losing pretty much all your damage.

I think people assume 'overpowered' means instant win....it doesn't. It means they are more powerful than other gods, respective to their strength. Hercules is overpowered, in that he is much better at his role than other people - that is, he is both a bruiser AND a tank.

As for Icen, you said "Anubis knew to run" in the last line of your post. If you've zoned them out, you've done your job.

Also, don't use Chronos as an example. Chronos is tied to an ult. Hercules gets it for free. It's like saying Chang'E's 2 wasn't overpowered on release because it's just an aegis. One was an 8 second CD, the other a 240 second.

And kind of ignoring the point of Zhong Kui and Anubis - literally 2 highest burst mages in game with ult atm, with Cupid and Neith - very high damage carries. Anyone, ever, would die. Sobek would die. Bacchus, Ymir, Odin, Vamana, Athena, they would all die. They'd probably all die to simply Anubis, much less all 4. That doesn't detract from the state of Hercules, based on one match.

And as for Zero, yes every god has some sort of defense, but it lasts a brief moment. While stuns are equally effective on every god, a 2 second pause from Freya may not be enough, ESPECIALLY considering her highly mobile, high burst ult. If Anubis doesn't build enough health/magic protection, for example, my ult will literally 100-0 him. No skill involved, just landing the easy AoE from the ult. I don't like her scalings. She's simply an example.

In any case, everyone on this thread has extensively polar opinions, and are clearly not going to shift on the matter. So since I've provided my viewpoint, I take my leave. Feel free to debate on this further, but I shall not, as the topic has been answered imo.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 15, 2013 4:09am | Report
Vamana nerfs would make me sad :( I honestly don't feel like he is broken. Heck, I'd consider him to be one of the more balanced gods. However, I can definitely see where you are coming from with the other gods, ESPECIALLY Thor. He's just insanely powerful right now.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Adamemnon » September 15, 2013 10:48am | Report
No I follow the competitive scene and understand Loki isn't all that in top end play, but I personally play in casual matches where most people don't know how to deal with him and that is where he is 'OP'. He's just too easy.

My problem with him isn't him killing me, it's him getting away too easily with his 1 and 4, I'm generally pretty good at following where he goes when invisible but it's so frustratingly easy and effective, it's more of a free survival than most skills.

His decoy does kill whole waves, but then he has focused it instead of pure damage, but with heartseeker that doesn't matter.

Anyway I don't think anyone is broken in the game right now, there are definitely a few stand out powerful abilities though.

But I'd agree with Raventhors comment, almost all thoughts on this sort of topic are based on the persons own opinions and preferences which we won't agree on so it is pretty pointless lol

Adamemnon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 15, 2013 2:42pm | Report
Ya STOPPING LOKI IS EASY.
Killing him isn't.

Because he will either Vanish away, Blink away, Ult away, ect.
Better hope his *** gets CC'd before you try to finish him off

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pulimuli » September 17, 2013 4:50am | Report
Hebo, because he has pretty much 100% magic power contribution and 3 seconds cooldown on every ability

knocked up > water in the face > knocked up > water in the face = dead

Pulimuli

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 17, 2013 9:46pm | Report
Neith: Completely agree. She's incredibly frustrating in that picking her is a "soft" (safe) option, yet she outpaces pretty much every other carry in the game. What kind of inverse logic are they using? Less skill=better results? Don't tell me her backflip takes skill to use.

Hercules: Yeah. A personal anecdote: A random match with me as Art, Anubis, Hades, Kali, and Xbalanque. The other team, after a few minutes, was just Chang'e, Herc, and Ne Zha. It didn't end well for us, with Ne Zha taking me out of every fight as soon as it started, and with Herc never dying. At all. Ever.

It is kinda funny in retrospect, but it was incredibly frustrating then. Ne Zha was too quick for any of us to chase, Herc was an unkillable juggernaut, and Chang'e was immune to our attempts to burst her down, and kept healing Herc. The one time where we had managed to kill Chang'e and Ne Zha through some kind of divine intervention, we chased Herc all the way back to his spawn. I have no idea what his build was, but he just wouldn't die, with our entire team attacking him.

Freya: I agree that she is a bit overpowered, but I'm not sure how to nerf her.

Thor: I haven't had much problems against Thor, myself. I'm not sure if its because I've only played against bad Thors, or if the gods I play most are simply effective against him. I have heard horror stories about his early game damage, but the only time I've experienced problems with that was when I play Artemis. So I'm not sure if it's Thor's power, or Art's weakness.

Sobek: I think his biggest problem is his utility and low skillcap. Either remove the heal from his Sickening Strike, or make him spend mana like a normal tank.

Hel: I have mixed feelings about Hel. On one hand, she's downright evil when in the hands of a skilled player. On the other hand, she has a pretty high skillcap. I hope they don't split her into two gods, as her unique playstyle is refreshing.

Vamana: Eh. I disagree, I think he's pretty well balanced when one considers the entire pantheon. I know that we shouldn't expect every god to be good against each other, and that some gods should have an advantage over others, but I think the biggest problem with Big V is how he is completely overpowered against certain gods, while being completely useless against others.

I had a match as Athena, and the enemy Vamana was, frankly, my *****. I could negate his escape and even the hits from his ult, I could stop him from getting kills, and I outdamaged him every. Freaking. Level. Then I played Xbal a few weeks later, and he suddenly became this invincible juggernaut that laughed off my attacks. To put it another way, my team was bent over, greased up, and Vamana shoved one of those japanese bullet trains down its collective ***.

But when I played gods like Odin, Ao Kuang, or Apollo, he seemed alright. Apollo couldn't hurt him, but neither could he. Odin and V just ignored each other as we couldn't hurt each other, and Vamana towerdived me a lot as Ao, but that didn't really matter, as he was way too slow to chase me and I could do decent damage against him.

I think the problem with V is his overspecialization. In a way, he is even more specialized than gods like Loki or Arachne.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » September 17, 2013 11:18pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I had a match as Athena, and the enemy Vamana was, frankly, my *****. I could negate his escape and even the hits from his ult, I could stop him from getting kills, and I outdamaged him every. Freaking. Level. Then I played Xbal a few weeks later, and he suddenly became this invincible juggernaut that laughed off my attacks. To put it another way, my team was bent over, greased up, and Vamana shoved one of those japanese bullet trains down its collective ***.

wait, how does an athena out-damage a vamana? athena has only one reliable source of damage outside auto attacks(it's impossible to hit anything with her 3 unless you combine it with her 2) while all of vamana's abilities do pretty decent damage. I think you were just fighting a bad vamana.

also, I love your description for that last part.

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by withonor » September 18, 2013 3:13am | Report
None of those gods are OP. I actually feel trolled when someone picks Freya because she is so, so bad. Almost as bad as Artemis.

Hel has no ultimate. She has a super high skill cap. Nothing wrong with her, it's usually the opposing players.

withonor

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 18, 2013 3:39am | Report
withonor wrote:

None of those gods are OP. I actually feel trolled when someone picks Freya because she is so, so bad. Almost as bad as Artemis.

Hel has no ultimate. She has a super high skill cap. Nothing wrong with her, it's usually the opposing players.

I legittemently can't tell if you are trolling or not.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 18, 2013 6:11am | Report
Blissey1: Useless ult. Inability to use damage skills. Breastplate of Valor, a 11-sec cooldown on taunt, absurd damage on Shield Wall, and Polynomicon. The Focused Void Stone helped as well. A pretty long dash also helped, if I needed to run.

Also, her ult is probably the best counter to Vamana's, as it deals damage without extending its duration noticeably, protects the teammate who is being targeted, and Vamana either wastes his ult to get out of range or takes 40%+* damage to the face. And best of all, unlike other slow-but-damaging ult's, it's virtually unavoidable for him.

He raged so hard post-game when his precious ultimate's attacks were negated by Preemptive Strike.

*Obviously varies depending on the stage of the game and his build.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }