Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

No Support class?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » No Support class? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rurykiewicz » December 4, 2012 11:09am | Report
I apologize if this was already asked. I'm definitely a SMITE n00b. I'm looking under Smite Database on Smitefire, and I see

-Assassin
-Mage
-Melee
-Ranged
-Tank

No mention of Support. Does this follow the typical 1 top 1 mid 2 bot routine (as in LoL)? What is the 'standard' (meta if you will) for SMITE? And is there a Support class?

P.S. is Teemo in this game? (for lolz)

Thanks.

Rurykiewicz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 4, 2012 11:33am | Report
Meta Conquest (Main mode) : 2 left, 1 mid, 2 right

Meta Domination : 2 Left or right, 3 mid

Meta Arena : This mode is just a mess

Tanks usually are supports, because they got some/much utility.
Utility usually shows the support ability (stuns, slows, hp regen etc)

And who the hell is Teemo?
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 4, 2012 11:44am | Report
The most support-esque characters in the game are Hel, Ra, and Guan Yu as they all have group heals. Hel is especially supporty because she also has a cleanse. Hades also has a group healing ability, though it is pretty difficult to heal allies with it regularly, if at all.

People have asked HiRez about the absence of support classes and they essentially said "No one wants to play supports, so why make them?". Currently they are trying to make gods that can play in a variety of ways and are trying to make sure every god has at least decent damage dealing capabilities. Basically, if they do make support gods, I wouldn't expect them until sometime after it is released.

TEEEEEEMMMMOOOOO!!!!

... isn't in the game :(

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » December 4, 2012 12:30pm | Report
Did you really ask if Teemo was in this game? *Facepalms*

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rurykiewicz » December 4, 2012 12:40pm | Report
@Silv Teemo is everything you and I aspire to be. Nothing less.

I personally enjoyed playing support in LoL. It's like the priest or a healing class in a MMORPG.

So, I'm assuming 'last hitting' on the lane with 2 gods is not the standard? I.E. build the carry, and ignore the support?

Rurykiewicz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 4, 2012 1:00pm | Report
Quoted:

@Silv Teemo is everything you and I aspire to be. Nothing less.

I personally enjoyed playing support in LoL. It's like the priest or a healing class in a MMORPG.

So, I'm assuming 'last hitting' on the lane with 2 gods is not the standard? I.E. build the carry, and ignore the support?

Last hitting isn't nearly as important in SMITE as it is in other MOBAs like LoL and DoTA. This is because the bonus gold accumulated from last hitting is not exceedingly higher than not last hitting. Though it is still advantageous to last hit, the focus seems to be more on harassing/killing the enemy gods and just overall pushing the lane. You want to ensure that the enemies are away from their lane as much as possible in order to deny them experience and gold so you can snowball.

On a side-note, last hitting does become relatively important when a god opts to get items like Heartseeker and Doom Orb. The reason should be explained by the item description.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nevaro » December 13, 2012 6:57pm | Report
Ymir and Hel are very good "support" gods.

Nevaro

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » December 14, 2012 2:39am | Report
I remember some Hi Rez guy saying they won't include a real support class cause nobody wants to play that.

That would really sadden me because in LoL as well as WoW I was a pure support player. I love it.
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 14, 2012 4:18am | Report
Good news guys
just checked the PTS
there is now a support filter added XD
so they'll make some supports :p

right now its Ra and Hel
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Magni » December 14, 2012 10:37am | Report
Hello Rogersjd14

according to my experience in smite, and also in my own opinion, I must say that the most effective Support in teamfight is HEL.

Light mode:

His dispell (cleanse) is very powerful and can remove all Crowd control effects such as Stun, Snare, Mez, Fear, Silence, and this spell is an AOE!

Then, she enjoys a PbAoE Heal has a good radius and (with the right build) heal pretty good!

It also has a nuke that dps the enemy and heal herself! (less useful)

Shadow mode:(yes, this is slightly schizophrenic goddess XD)

His only Crowd control spell in this mode is a Snare Aoe allows use defensive and offensive.

It also has a PbAoE damage (as the Hel priest in DaoC if you know)

and finally the full dps nuke that not heal, but quite a lot of damage!

His ultimate is just the transition between Light and Shadow.

3 Light Spells + 3 Shadow Spells ... So finally she owns 6 spells!

unfortunately, Hel is the less godess played on smite, because most players prefer to do damage than support.

However, the support characters are very very important in teamfight, MMORPG players all know :)

Sincerly, Magni

Magni

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }