Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEW PATCH

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » NEW PATCH 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 16, 2013 12:58pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Um, you do realize that Chang'e is currently the strongest god in the game, right? She's top ban in a game where the biggest complaint among top players is that there aren't enough bans to deal with the amount of overpowered characters there are.

She was always a strong late game god, but she was tough to carry before given her super weak early game. They buffed her early game when they gave her heal damage, and she's been the strongest god in the game since. She has high damage, high utility, high defense and no other weakness. Removing the protections on her 1 will hurt her utility a lot, so it's a step in the right direction. She needs nerfed hard right now though, she's way too strong, and her kit makes her susceptible to breaking the game. People are just way too focused on her heal, it's either her third or least important move.

Really Chang'e is a walking ult machine like Ares. I think her ultimate just needs a nerf. A real issue with chang'e is her high skill ceiling, making her one of the best gods in the game purely due to the results you can get from playing her thoughtfully. I completely poop on the idea that she's the strongest god in the game though. LOADS of mages have higher damage than her and more burst. Her damage isn't really the issue, it's just the fact that she is neigh on impossible to kill when played by somebody competent. [Pretty similar to a Neith player, really.]

I'd be pretty happy for them to remove the heals damage if the heal itself was stronger again. The damage really isn't relevant. You level your one to max first, and by mid game that's usually enough to clear a minion wave. Even if it isn't, you have such a short CD that you'll finish it off soon enough. It really doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as you suggest to laning [in my experience anyway.] In the early game it is generally preferable to spam your 1 rather than 1+3 for clearing, as your 3 doesn't get levelled to a potent enough level to do much until much later on.

*Edit for reference* I've only ever been hit by a chang'e ult with a longer stun than 3s twice. That's in MONTHS of play. Considering I don't play ranked so she is fairly common, I honestly think everything about her is hyped up over the edge. But then I'm bias, I love me some chang'e.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 16, 2013 12:59pm | Report
why did he say "800" gems?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 16, 2013 1:17pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

why did he say "800" gems?

Hirezerez: '/Troll' coming soon, will troll players automatically for you with built in insults
Hirezerez: 800 grms (=gems)

Meaning that the /troll function described costs 800 gems. Although this is all, most likely, a joke.

By the way, if you're all going on Erez' spoils with this. He has spoiled things before (in a serious matter) that literally lead nowhere. So don't fixate on it. ;)
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 16, 2013 3:21pm | Report
My game just crashed and I can't reconnect.. 33-0 or something carrying those scrubs again.. tzz I just wasted 40 minutes of my time
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 16, 2013 3:51pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

Really Chang'e is a walking ult machine like Ares. I think her ultimate just needs a nerf. A real issue with chang'e is her high skill ceiling, making her one of the best gods in the game purely due to the results you can get from playing her thoughtfully. I completely poop on the idea that she's the strongest god in the game though. LOADS of mages have higher damage than her and more burst. Her damage isn't really the issue, it's just the fact that she is neigh on impossible to kill when played by somebody competent. [Pretty similar to a Neith player, really.]

I'd be pretty happy for them to remove the heals damage if the heal itself was stronger again. The damage really isn't relevant. You level your one to max first, and by mid game that's usually enough to clear a minion wave. Even if it isn't, you have such a short CD that you'll finish it off soon enough. It really doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as you suggest to laning [in my experience anyway.] In the early game it is generally preferable to spam your 1 rather than 1+3 for clearing, as your 3 doesn't get levelled to a potent enough level to do much until much later on.

*Edit for reference* I've only ever been hit by a chang'e ult with a longer stun than 3s twice. That's in MONTHS of play. Considering I don't play ranked so she is fairly common, I honestly think everything about her is hyped up over the edge. But then I'm bias, I love me some chang'e.

She was a walking ult machine at one point, but she's not at the moment. Her 1 gives herself and all allies (a lot of) protections, she debuffs enemy healing and heals her team, and she does a lot of damage in the meantime. This is all in addition to an ult that's strong enough to put her in the 'ult machine' class. She's not a burst mage like Poseidon or He Bo, she's a sustained damage and utility mage. Given the fact that she's nearly impossible to kill when anyone is competent enough to build Breastplate of Valor/ Void Stone on her, that's obviously a problem.

It's not my opinion that she's top ban in ranked, you can literally almost never play her because she's banned every game, and first picked if she's not. I was just commenting on the fact that you called her an 'already nerfed' character in your post. She's the strongest god in the game right now when everyone plays correctly. She lost a few numbers on her 3, she hasn't been nerfed in a long time.

She's probably a little overhyped in that it's not GG if you don't get her or whatever, but if a good player is on her, the other team needs to put more focus on her than any other god. That's a big enough tip of a scale in a game like this where it should be fixed.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 16, 2013 11:33pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

She was a walking ult machine at one point, but she's not at the moment. Her 1 gives herself and all allies (a lot of) protections, she debuffs enemy healing and heals her team, and she does a lot of damage in the meantime. This is all in addition to an ult that's strong enough to put her in the 'ult machine' class. She's not a burst mage like Poseidon or He Bo, she's a sustained damage and utility mage. Given the fact that she's nearly impossible to kill when anyone is competent enough to build Breastplate of Valor/ Void Stone on her, that's obviously a problem.

It's not my opinion that she's top ban in ranked, you can literally almost never play her because she's banned every game, and first picked if she's not. I was just commenting on the fact that you called her an 'already nerfed' character in your post. She's the strongest god in the game right now when everyone plays correctly. She lost a few numbers on her 3, she hasn't been nerfed in a long time.

She's probably a little overhyped in that it's not GG if you don't get her or whatever, but if a good player is on her, the other team needs to put more focus on her than any other god. That's a big enough tip of a scale in a game like this where it should be fixed.

It does give alot of protections, but they only last a minute portion of time and doesn't hit maximum potential until mid-game [she is losing these apparently.] De-buffing enemy healing isn't that great due to the fact that she has to be twirling in an enemies face to do it, which is a perfect way to get whomped for being so annoying. That said, her heal for allies is also pathetic [yay for the nerfs :P.] I do agree that she's too hard to kill though, mainly down to the way she's built giving her moonlit waltz frequently even with only one point in it.

She's banned more due to her team fight potential imo. At high ranked play the engages get nasty in the jungle, which just so happens to be a tiny area where 5 people crowd into. This is a chang'e dream, so it's little wonder she's banned in the top-tier play, her ult is literally perfect for the meta currently. That said she has had continued nerfs and buffs in weird places [dem protections doe] for 3 patches running. [I.E. Healing stats lowered, ult range decreased by 25%]

She is definitely a god that has to be focused by a co-ordinated team to counter-play well, much like arachne. That said, she also shines when focused, which I think is a potential issue as a skilled chang'e can literally counter an entire team alone [heck, even I've done this before pre nerfs, and I'm not great with her.]

I still maintain that her damage is poop though. Her poke is good, but when the poke hits for -200, you have to run up to them to use it and when you fall back to heal you're literally healing 4x to make up the health lost, she isn't an efficient poker compared to hebo or artemis. She also has to stand next to a minion wave to clear it, something any mage player dreads doing for obvious reasons.

IDK, I think if the meta shifted she'd be less relevant. If the meta remains like this, I do think she needs a nerf. But going too far can so easily make her UP that its laughable.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » December 16, 2013 11:39pm | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

My game just crashed and I can't reconnect.. 33-0 or something carrying those scrubs again.. tzz I just wasted 40 minutes of my time

No one gives a ****.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Catchmebiitch » December 17, 2013 12:42am | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

lol, nice to know, you do realise this isnt a QQ thread right? ;)

-CMB

Catchmebiitch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 17, 2013 3:49am | Report
Still happened because of the new patch. And since " Crashing games you can't reconnect to " isn't in the patch notes they might as well add it.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 17, 2013 10:26am | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

It does give alot of protections, but they only last a minute portion of time and doesn't hit maximum potential until mid-game [she is losing these apparently.] De-buffing enemy healing isn't that great due to the fact that she has to be twirling in an enemies face to do it, which is a perfect way to get whomped for being so annoying. That said, her heal for allies is also pathetic [yay for the nerfs :P.] I do agree that she's too hard to kill though, mainly down to the way she's built giving her moonlit waltz frequently even with only one point in it.

She's banned more due to her team fight potential imo. At high ranked play the engages get nasty in the jungle, which just so happens to be a tiny area where 5 people crowd into. This is a chang'e dream, so it's little wonder she's banned in the top-tier play, her ult is literally perfect for the meta currently. That said she has had continued nerfs and buffs in weird places [dem protections doe] for 3 patches running. [I.E. Healing stats lowered, ult range decreased by 25%]

She is definitely a god that has to be focused by a co-ordinated team to counter-play well, much like arachne. That said, she also shines when focused, which I think is a potential issue as a skilled chang'e can literally counter an entire team alone [heck, even I've done this before pre nerfs, and I'm not great with her.]

I still maintain that her damage is poop though. Her poke is good, but when the poke hits for -200, you have to run up to them to use it and when you fall back to heal you're literally healing 4x to make up the health lost, she isn't an efficient poker compared to hebo or artemis. She also has to stand next to a minion wave to clear it, something any mage player dreads doing for obvious reasons.

IDK, I think if the meta shifted she'd be less relevant. If the meta remains like this, I do think she needs a nerf. But going too far can so easily make her UP that its laughable.

Chang'e was never picked in ranked before the patch that gave her heal damage, and this was with that super ult. I think she was a little underrated at that time, but it was a huge change to her character no matter what. She was kind of like how Chronos is now; a really good late game, but early game is so bad that they're not worth picking.

The protections are super important to her character, they make it harder for the enemy god to kill minions in lane (in addition to her heal,) and they really are a huge deal in team fights. The support builds Sovereignty because the aura is important, and that's only 20 of each. When all else is equal, small stuff like that makes the difference. Losing them is going to weaken her laning phase and team fight phase. They don't last too short of a time either, it's 3 seconds on a 5s CD base ability, which will be reduced to a 3s CD ability once you have CDR done. 3s is a team fight.

Her 1 hits for over 500 late game, so it's not like she does no damage. She's not going to burst anyone down like He Bo, but a He Bo isn't going to live to keep attacking after his burst his done. A Chang'e can start a team fight with her ult, then live long enough to use her 1 every 3 seconds for 30 seconds. The damage is the same in the end, and the constant utility and need for smart positioning that she brings is really hard to deal with.

I think this change will drop her down from ban/first pick status, but I don't think she'll be unplayable. Then again, mages are incredibly unbalanced right now. Why play a nerfed Chang'e when you can play an unnerfed Zeus, He Bo or Agni?

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }