Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NEW PATCH

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » NEW PATCH 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 16, 2013 6:53am | Report
All4Games wrote:

i guess they just want to kill her broken *** and give her a full rework. i would actually very happy if that is how they do it.

I'd be happier if they'd just reworked her 3 patches ago, rather than constantly nerfing in weird ways and buffing her in useless ways. XD

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 16, 2013 6:55am | Report
meh maybe they need time to rework her. i mean they seem pretty busy reworking othergods who were standing longer in line.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » December 16, 2013 10:08am | Report
At least the upcoming Chang'e nerf is not a damage/heal nerf.

Still

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 16, 2013 10:14am | Report
Romanians wrote:

At least the upcoming Chang'e nerf is not a damage/heal nerf.

Still

Not true. The Doctor would recognize instantly that Chang'e needs it. Also, don't tell me the Doctor would be sad about something as small as a character nerf in a temporary game.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 16, 2013 10:22am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

That nerf to Arachne's eggs is actually not so much a nerf.

Her Broodlings only produces one spider at Rank 1...
But each rank increases the number of spiders spawned.
So Rank 5 Broodlings spawns a whopping FIVE SPIDERS. Imagine getting attacked by those after she ults you!

All that is being nerfed is her crushing early game; they're actually improving her later game considerably with this change.

I'm pretty sure the Arachne change is actually the maximum amount of eggs she's allowed to have on the map at once. One at level 1 is a huge nerf since that crushes a lot of her early jungle cheesiness. It's a pretty big nerf since her ability to screw the jungler in the first 2 minutes was her biggest advantage. Not sure if this will make her stop breaking solo queue, but it's a good start.

Also, YAAAAYYY for the Chang'e nerf. The protections on her 1 were the biggest problem this whole time, which is why the buff last patch was the most confusing thing about her. Nerf that broken character to the ground, then start over once she's unplayable.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 16, 2013 11:27am | Report
Or start over right now. Remove all healing from her 3 as well, and we're set.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » December 16, 2013 11:48am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Or start over right now. Remove all healing from her 3 as well, and we're set.

Ah the "How to completely decimate an already nerfed character for no apparent reason" idea.
It's likely that she will lose her sustain if she is reworked, considering hi-rez have stated they want her to be a normal mage [because there just isn't enough already.]

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 16, 2013 12:05pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

Ah the "How to completely decimate an already nerfed character for no apparent reason" idea.
It's likely that she will lose her sustain if she is reworked, considering hi-rez have stated they want her to be a normal mage [because there just isn't enough already.]

Um, you do realize that Chang'e is currently the strongest god in the game, right? She's top ban in a game where the biggest complaint among top players is that there aren't enough bans to deal with the amount of overpowered characters there are.

She was always a strong late game god, but she was tough to carry before given her super weak early game. They buffed her early game when they gave her heal damage, and she's been the strongest god in the game since. She has high damage, high utility, high defense and no other weakness. Removing the protections on her 1 will hurt her utility a lot, so it's a step in the right direction. She needs nerfed hard right now though, she's way too strong, and her kit makes her susceptible to breaking the game. People are just way too focused on her heal, it's either her third or least important move.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 16, 2013 12:12pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Um, you do realize that Chang'e is currently the strongest god in the game, right? She's top ban in a game where the biggest complaint among top players is that there aren't enough bans to deal with the amount of overpowered characters there are.

She was always a strong late game god, but she was tough to carry before given her super weak early game. They buffed her early game when they gave her heal damage, and she's been the strongest god in the game since. She has high damage, high utility, high defense and no other weakness. Removing the protections on her 1 will hurt her utility a lot, so it's a step in the right direction. She needs nerfed hard right now though, she's way too strong, and her kit makes her susceptible to breaking the game. People are just way too focused on her heal, it's either her third or least important move.

I've been playing league for weeks. I've seen Chang'e NOT banned exactly once.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 16, 2013 12:48pm | Report
Chang'e would have been fine many patches ago if they would have just nerfed her ult down. Now she's just becoming a wreck.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Vulcan's new ult, as well as learning more about Chaac.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }