Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New God Xbalanque God Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New God Xbalanque God Reveal 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 22, 2012 1:42am | Report
Xareth wrote:

Xbal is awesome, but his ultimate is not OP.

If you make a team of 5 and xbalanque gets focus carried, his ult can easiliy cost enemys, not only on your lane, but also on other lanes their life.
Usually people will use the ult when they chase down an enemy, means that he has 2 options, either run away and get stunned, or stop running for 1 second, which can cost him his life too.
The whole fact that it's global just makes it too strong.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 22, 2012 10:06am | Report
This hero is ridiculous.

I'm going to be honest here for a moment, I'm not great at smite. In fact, I'd say I'm occasionally good but in general I'm a pretty bad player. So if I can go 10-0 with a hero, there is something VERY wrong.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 22, 2012 10:24am | Report
Just went 18-1 with him.
I think its not only, because matchmaking is broken, no. If you build Xbalanque on focus he is unbeatable..
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 22, 2012 4:49pm | Report
Even with a substantial nerf, the way his 1 ricochets is going to make him a very dangerous opponent no matter what.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 22, 2012 8:44pm | Report
His whole kit just seems incredibly powerful. He can effectively farm, kill gods, sustain, escape, chase. He's not a jack of all trades, he is a master of them.

Luckily in solo games his ult isn't as effective due to lack of coordination but a well coordinated team via Skype/Teamspeak etc. could easily abuse its power.

Wonder when they'll hit the nerf button?

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 23, 2012 3:26am | Report
never XD he's not OP people just don't know how to counter him
I've played against someone who knew everything about Xblanque and danm I had a though time
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 23, 2012 3:04pm | Report
What can you really do though? The only way to have a chance against him is to buff up your physical defense like crazy, but then the enemy mages are going to end up wrecking you.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 23, 2012 3:34pm | Report
how do you handel Anhur?
do the same

I mean his 1 cost alot of mana
his 2 is weak
and his 3 is a fail jump but a nuke instead
avoid his 3 and Xbalanque is screwed
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » December 26, 2012 12:18am | Report
Anhur is definitely more dangerous for serious bursts and cc, and has a much better escape.

However I understand how everyone feels about Xbal. His kit is extremely powerful if used methodically and strategically. He doesn't have the physical burst that Artemis or Anhur have vs single targets but can more effectively handle multiple gods. I'm not saying that he isn't good 1v1 but against some of his ranged physical counterparts he is not able to keep up with their dps in a quick fight.

Used correctly, his ultimate is the reason why he is a viable option in comparison with the aforementioned gods. His ult is OP, but he is not overall. In other words, I don't think he needs to be nerfed.

All global ults are going to be inherently OP or else it would be a fail ult and consequently a fail god. It'll be really interesting to see the next global they release and how OP it could be in conjunction with Xbal's.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bloodbutterfly » April 16, 2013 4:14am | Report
Well I have not played smite that much but when a god bursts you down with just his ult something is wrong...An ult should be op I agree with that but in this game I just played he used his ult on me that was playing Aphrodite and my soulmate^^ Kali and well Kali had lost abit of health but not much and I had full health...one shoot kill...something wrong with that picture? The game had just even started we had barely got any items he just got his ult at lvl 5 and then one shooted us. I think an ult should be op but his should be nerfed.

Bloodbutterfly

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }