Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Balancing Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New Balancing Thread 13 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Should We Revive It?
No.
Yes!
I Would Like To Take A Part Of Managing The Thread!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » June 25, 2015 1:43pm | Report
So, I figured that since hirez sucks at balancing, and smite is a mess, why won;t we make a second balancing thread? but this time, lets make it go public. If you guys decide that we should make one, iil post it on reddit, trying to earn us more people to join the balancing thread. When were done going through all of the issues, We'll send the results to a lot of hirez workers, until we get an answer from one of them. yes? no? write your thoughts in the comment section below.

Ii'l also call some of my freinds to join us, You should do the same.

Smitefire users that will take part in managing the thread:

- ThePerfectPrism
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 25, 2015 3:39pm | Report
I would love the Balacing Thread to be back alive, and I do believe us from SMITEfire will agree on it.

Also, I would like to help the Managing of it.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » June 25, 2015 4:33pm | Report
Since we are doing a new Balancing thread, I feel that instead of one megathread we should instead have multiple smaller threads going through alphabetical order so that it is much easier to keep track of various discussions.

Another thing we need to do is have faster updates on the Opening Post of the thread so people know when discussion of a specific god is done with for the time being.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2015 7:33pm | Report
Separate threads sound good.

That said, I know that this won't accomplish anything. I'm not being pessimistic; I'm speaking from actual experience. It'll be an interesting thought exercise, but don't expect it to be anything more than that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » June 25, 2015 8:29pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

That said, I know that this won't accomplish anything. I'm not being pessimistic; I'm speaking from actual experience. It'll be an interesting thought exercise, but don't expect it to be anything more than that.

If nothing else we could link to the discussions on the sub-reddit or try to talk to one of the more interested Pros to see if they'd be willing to give us a listen or help out with their thoughts.

Hi-Rez seems to listen to the Pros somewhat, so this might actually get at least someones attention.

But thats just me being optimistic, I remember that the last time we tried this it didn't go so well (though to be fair that was a huge cluster**** with everyone just dropping away from it due to other obligations, no offense Sub and the others).

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » June 25, 2015 9:27pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

To be fair Sub, you sent it to Kelly. You didn't send it to anyone with any actual power or influence over the game.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » June 25, 2015 10:11pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Actually, This time, We'll send it to multiple hi-rez workers, And we'll keep trying until we have an answer. Plus, We'll have a bigger croud this time, Since i'm going to post it in reddit and smitegame forums, and maybe twitch. I figured we sign our IGN or something just to show them that alot of people want change.
Any thoughts? More websites we can post on? A diffrent way to show hirez that a lot of smite players want change?
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » June 25, 2015 10:14pm | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

If nothing else we could link to the discussions on the sub-reddit or try to talk to one of the more interested Pros to see if they'd be willing to give us a listen or help out with their thoughts.

Hi-Rez seems to listen to the Pros somewhat, so this might actually get at least someones attention.

But thats just me being optimistic, I remember that the last time we tried this it didn't go so well (though to be fair that was a huge cluster**** with everyone just dropping away from it due to other obligations, no offense Sub and the others).

That's a great idea, I know one of my freinds actually has Shing in his freind list and that he said he loves him, So we might be able to get to the pros.
Plus, Isn't cloud 9 posting champion guides on Mobafire? Maybe Mowen could help us get to them.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » June 25, 2015 10:24pm | Report
Now, Who wants to take part in managing the thread?
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 25, 2015 11:19pm | Report
The real question is: Is balancing our top priority, or is it change? Because Balance is not the worst issue in Smite right now.

The meta is stale. Roles are lopsided. God designs are repetitive. Itemization is ****. Counter play is absent. Even if Smite's gods were perfectly balanced, I would still not want to play.

Because let me tell you, if you wanted to balance the game, all it would take is a few number changes. Is that what you want? Or something more?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }