Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid lane campers.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Mid lane campers. 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TG DANK 7 » October 21, 2015 12:54pm | Report
Ok. New to smite, love the game.
I try to play all roles and all gods.
Recently I've been playing mid. I've encountered the mid lane camper from the other teams jungler.
At 1st they destroyed me. Now I've adjusted wards to see the wall jumps and wards to cover my sides but it's still frustrating.
Advice please. And not playing mid isn't acceptable. I like playing mid. And I just hate sitting under the tower.
Is our teams jungle suppose to help more?

TG DANK 7

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 21, 2015 1:19pm | Report
you should tell your team you are being camped. because a countergank can screw their team up (either from your jungler or the support)

however if the jungle is camping to much your jungler can also invade their camps which will lead into their jungler getting behind.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TG DANK 7 » October 21, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

TG DANK 7

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 21, 2015 3:42pm | Report
There are a couple of things you can you :

1 - Increase your godpool for gods who are hard to gank.

Eset is a really hard gank to mid. She has a silence and a stun, and it's just frustrating if you can't kill her cuz of her ability to kill you in early levels

Janus is the king of making ppl mad. Just Portal through a wall and there ! Campers be damned !

2 - Ask your Jungler for help.

Decide that the next time the enemy jungle appears on mid, your jungle will come behind him and kill him with you. Thanatos is awesome at counter-ganking, since he's ult, Hovering Death is pretty hard to detect when you're focusing in camping a lane.

3 - Rotate.

If the enemy is camping your lane, go to the other lanes ! This way, your enemy will loose XP and Gold, and you could secure a lead from your gank !

4 - Poke him.

If you have Ward vision of the enemy camper, poke him ! Use a ability like Spirit Ball or Expose Evil are nice example of poking abilities.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deadlift » November 9, 2015 9:34am | Report
As a (mostly)jungler myself, jupp let us help you!

Either cry for help(VH2), or request a gank(VG2), we do tunnel vision some times (meaning i might not see you being jumped, might be only me though).

Yet invading their camps and then setting a gank up is about the most satisfying thing you can do.
If your jungler is good, he even sets you up for the kill as a bonus.

Deadlift

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » November 9, 2015 10:36am | Report
As a jungle main, having a camped lane is actually a tough situation to be in. For on one end the jungler will want to try and midgitate the problems that are going on in the camped lane. However on the other end the jungler will want to take advantage of the jungler's position to do things around the jungle and dominate the other 2 lanes. My recommendation to you if you're ever in a situation where you're being camped is to play super safe. If things start looking too bleak ping your jungler or request a (VHH). A good jungler should be keeping a close eye on a camped lane however and probably should only stray to the lane directly next to it unless going for jungle camps.

In the case of the midlane the jungler can still rotate to the other two lanes while still maintaining a presence in the camped lane.

TO JUNGLERS: If you notice that a particular lane is being camped by the enemy jungler, you shouldn't do anything that doesn't allow for a quick rotation into a lane fight unless you know that the camped lane is safe for a reasonable period of time (Say 30 seconds for instance).

Another option is to request that your camped laner rotate out and join you for a gank. The worst thing that can happen is the "Campers" follow you and it turns into a team fight. At this point you can decide on the spot whether you're comfortable fighting or not, as depending on how well it goes you may already have secured a kill in the lane you rotated to.

TO LANERS: If your lane is being camped, play it safe and wait for your jungler to come in for an engagement. DO NOT engage unless you know that your jungler is ready and willing to follow up on the engagement within 1-2 seconds of your initiate. You may also wait for the jungler to initiate on the enemy to follow up yourself. In this situation make sure your jungler doesn't make any engagements that you cannot follow up on within 1-2 seconds of the engagement. Playing this way allows your jungler a lot of leeway to get ahead of the enemy jungler via proper farming. If you need immediate help simply use the VGS or ping the jungler for a rotation.

Another option you can take is to rotate to another lane for a gank if your lane is being camped, if you have proper warding this can be easily accomplished. Just make sure you aren't losing any significant farm by doing so as a proper gank rotation from a laner can not only secure a lead for the ganked lane but for yourself as well if you combine it with solid farm timers.

To answer you in particularly, in regards to sitting under tower. I'm simply going to tell you to get used to it, ultimately if the enemy jungler camps you they are going to lose out on a significant level of farm along with the enemy mid laner. But smite is a competitive team based game regardless of how YOU like to play. If the situation calls for you to sit under tower. You'd better grab some popcorn and hug that tower as if your life depended on it. Because let's be honest, if you're in that situation your life likely DOES depend upon it. find a jungler you trust and queue with him/her regularly.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 9, 2015 10:55am | Report
I think it's also important to note who your mid laner is. If your mid laner doesn't have safe clear and can't get in minion range without dying, you will need to help them out far more than a god that has a safe ranged clear/escapes that can manage themselves.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » November 12, 2015 5:39am | Report
Hi there so in my experience the jungler should almost live in your lane for a lot of the game so he can leech off xp and past level 6 the support should be there a lot too cause he wants to give the adc solo farm. As a solo laner anytime I can bully the other guy out of lane I consider what I can do with the 25 seconds that I just earned and if I still have a good amount of mana and health my first thought is can I gank mid. The reason being he won't see me to say I am missing. The ultimate point is that you should almost always play in mid lane like anyone on there team could show up at any time. So if your playing Ah Puch or zues or kulkulkan you should be playing closer to your tower cause if your up even at the mid point of your lane and I come around the corner behind you as a Xing tian or sun wukong that's 2 levels ahead of you cause I am a solo laner and have been getting solo farm all game then the fact of the matter is that you could be dominating the enemy mid laner but if you have no escape or no crowd control to peel for yourself then you will die before you can make it back to your tower. On the other hand if you are playing as Agni you can play up that far because if it comes down to it you have a very fast instant start up dash, I believe only Sobek has a faster dash but you are knock up immune during your dash so yea Agni can get out of bad situations easy. Just think of it this way... You are never alone.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NARGH2 » November 20, 2015 5:42am | Report
Honestly if you're the mid laner being camped just toughing it out and playing defensively is the best idea. Typically they're getting less gold and xp by doing that while you'll still be gaining the normal amount so if you can outlevel them that way then you have the advantage as well as your jungler who can be used in other areas. I pretty much only play jungle and camping in a lane is not something that I want to do as it wastes a lot of time I could be using better. Just be careful how much you call for your jungler as well, we can't always help and you may be setting us both up for a death. Don't forget to watch our health and mana bars as we may need to return to base before we can help. Awareness is the most important thing for mid lane. Mid is a difficult lane but if you focus on warding and play defensively till your jungler can get a gank then you'll excel. I hope this helps

NARGH2

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 20, 2015 6:51am | Report
I'm going to say your term of camping isn't completely right (or at least how I read you comment). when a lane is being camped it means the jungle is always near the lane not in the lane (only in LoL lane camping sometimes happens in the lane because of the bushes existing)

best spots to camp mid lane is at the mid furies and in some cases around buff height but this is when you have lost a tower already this gives the jungler a bit of room to go and clear a camp and then continue camping the lane again.

also on the last part if someone requests a gank as a jungler you are the one to decide if you can gank them. And awareness is an important thing for every lane.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }