Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Leveling is brutal...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Leveling is brutal... 34 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Freakunix » November 7, 2012 7:49am | Report
Well I guess some people are new to mobas as well.. For instance, I never really liked the over the top camera in other mobas which didn't had me play them. Here, I love 3rd person and how it works. I'm not really good when it comes to general strategy but it would definitely help if people in-game would give clues and help more strategy-wise.

Freakunix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JiiKoo » April 2, 2013 1:07am | Report
Play the game with your friends if you are not happy, but I haven't seen this as a big problem myself, since everyone is still learning this game. Of course there are people with experience from some other moba game and know a bit more whats the objective in SMITE through that, but i don't judge people who do not know that.

I remember when i started playing dota long time ago and I didn't really know anything about it. Back then I didn't even know there were 3 lanes, or how to buy stuff.

If you think it is a problem that there are people who can't play the game properly you should just quit. When new game comes around and you like it, be there and try helping players build the kind of community, that everyone can enjoy the game.

The skill level of players will grow in time, but needless to say, there is always someone worse than you, and of course someone that is better, meaning if you are just a casual player.

Now take your head out of your ares and just have fun playing the game.

JiiKoo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sanquin » April 3, 2013 11:18am | Report
Well, you're right on one thing. This game does seem to attract more clueless people than LoL. (the only other moba i've played.) people going to the guardian that has the most defenders in domination. Allies being killed within 3 minutes of the game starting in conquest or arena because they rush in for an early gank. People trying to solo push/gank in the same two modes.

Overall I'd say it's about 50/50. As I find myself on the team that does the early kills or properly defends/attacks guardians about as often. In LoL though it's very rare to see any kill within like...10 minutes? Because there people actually play carefully, and first try to get some gear. They only try to gank if a player of the other team screws up, which doesn't happen that often early game.

You know what I miss in Smite? Team matches versus AI. 5 players vs 5 bots on either novice or normal setting. It would give all those newer players somewhere to go to actually practice. And no the solo practice modes don't count. Those bots are totally brain-dead and it's far too easy to gank them without even taking any hits yourself.

Sanquin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kewlbuttz » April 5, 2013 4:22pm | Report
I think it's because Smite is more accessible than LoL. It has built in training, after all, and the crowd's a little more supportive of noobs.

I tend to find myself surrounded by really terrible players that screw the match up for me, don't call mias, habitually over extend, forget that towers do damage, toss their ults at those little spiders in the jungle, etc... UNLESS i'm playing ranked. And, I think that's the key. Just play and deal with it until you can start being paired numerically with people your level.

Bots... just suck. They're so useless. It's so much more effective to suck it up and try out a new god in an actual game. Even if that means you're gonna have a bad time.

kewlbuttz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }