Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Hunters/ADCs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Hunters/ADCs 124 posts - page 1 of 13

Poll Question:

How to Change Cupid?
Drastically Buff his Late Game and Nerf his Early Game to Make Him more like Other ADCs
Slightly Nerf his Early Game and Slightly Buff his Late Game to Preserve his Unique Traits
How Dare You Touch My Baby!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 29, 2014 7:11pm | Report
I decided to make a subsection of RazeMage's thread because it was getting a bit too big and a little out of control.

This one is for discussing Hunter/ADC balance only.

Before you say anything about a nerf or a buff please give a reason!!!

Don't just say to nerf her slow or something, say why. We are NOT HiRez, we do NOT give changes without explaining ourselves first.

Here is what we have so far.

1. Goals.

Ah Muzen Cab: Prevent him from harassing and waveclearing at once by level 4.

Anhur: Reduce his general survivability.

Apollo: ???

Artemis: Improve her laning phase, making it easier to carry to late game.

Cupid: Weaken his early game and improve his late game.

Neith: ???

Xbalanque: Make his ultimate feel more impactful on a game.

2. Reasons.

Ah Muzen Cab: His harass was blatantly broken, and his waveclear is the best of any hunters, all from ranking one ability. Something has to go.

Anhur: Anhur has too much utility and survivability in one package. He needs to be more vulnerable for a god who deals damage on the same level as Artemis.

Apollo: ???

Artemis: Laning was too weak, even for a hyper carry.

Cupid: Weaken his early game and improve his late game.

Neith: ???

Xbalanque: His ultimate is just too underwhelming and needs something to make it more like, well, an ultimate. Make players feel like they want to use it.

3. How? (Generally speaking)

Ah Muzen Cab

Anhur

Apollo: Increase the cooldown of his Serenade, either to a flat number or simply increasing the numbers from 17-13 to 18-14.

Artemis

Cupid (LONG READ AHEAD)

Neith

Xbalanque

Making patch notes is like a crossword puzzle. You need something to start with rather than randomly guessing. See those blank spots with ???. We need to fill them up, starting with goals and reasons, before determining the how.

Remember, not everyone has to be changed! Some gods are perfectly fine. If you feel that a god doesn't need a change or feel like he/she needs a different one, then say so, and list your reasons.

I'll fill in with posts with specifics on the how's. I will also edit this post to incorporate any other suggestions. Keep in mind that this ^ post is more about general stuff.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » January 29, 2014 7:20pm | Report
Artemis:
Increase Entangling Vines's radius, as right now its a little too small to actually trap people with, and is easily avoidable.
While her 2 is active her basic attacks can pierce through enemy gods and minions, dealing reduced damage based on how many it has pierced.

Xbalanque:
Enemies take extra damage while the ult is active. If he gets an assist from using his ult he gets a stack from his passive.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 29, 2014 7:31pm | Report
Honestly, I would prefer Cupid to be an early-game damage-based carry, like Anhur, and here's how I plan to do it:

New 2: some kind of reliable waveclear, that doesn't do much to gods.

There. Done. I can reminiscence on what type of waveclear it is (maybe some type of high-radius level 1 HoG that only affects lane minions, ha!), but this simple change will do two things:

Switch him from support carry to damage carry.
Match his earlygame harass/kill potential with Anhur's, maybe higher.

The reason being: his old 2 was useless, he had the lowest waveclear of all the carries, and he's based around earlygame, where Anhur can do so much better, and still be a factor in teamfights. He honestly needs this.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 29, 2014 7:32pm | Report
Artemis Specifics: Traps

Which and how many of these changes are acceptable?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 29, 2014 7:47pm | Report
whoa... apparently, in competitive, Cupid has been picked more than Neith.

Wut.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 29, 2014 7:47pm | Report
Artemis Specifics: Basics

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 29, 2014 7:48pm | Report
Artemis Specifics: Suppress The Insolent

Utility Increase:

1. Now applies on-hit effects. Not sure if this includes crit chance. (RazeMage)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 29, 2014 7:54pm | Report
Tal, to be honest, I think there aren't any fundamental changes we need to Cupid's kit. His waveclear is better than Artemis' with more harass and more sustain. His healing is also an important part of his kit and his early game strength, since no other hunter could regen mana like that. (Seriously, his heal is FAR from useless. At max rank, all three hearts give 330 + 75% as healing, or 396 + 90% with all passive stacks.)

Sasquatch, I don't think Xbal's change is a good idea, not only because he already has a basic attack steroid, but because his ultimate can get assist from across the map, making it pretty much guaranteed that he'll be getting stacks.

Edit: Yeah, before the nerf, Cupid was pretty strong due to his ability to destroy any other hunter with an escape (read: Anhur, Apollo, Neith) and being able to do literally everything during the laning phase. He could poke, burst, passively clear, had a very safe time due to his dash, could outsustain other pokers, could poke down burst laners, could outburst sustain laners, etc etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 29, 2014 7:57pm | Report
I'll fill in Cupid's specifics after dinner. Then I'll work on Xbal's.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 29, 2014 7:57pm | Report
I think the best way to go with Xbalanque's ult is allow true sight to all enemy gods for the duration of the darkness. Fitting for his lore as a hunter, and also synergizes well with the self-buff from it.

Or we could simply increase the duration of the self-buff to last through the stun as well and also make Xbalanque CC immune for the duration of the darkness.

Other alternatives: enemies that are stunned by his ultimate lose a certain amount of phys protection, enemies that are stunned become "targets" and Xbalanque gains a small direct penetration buff against them and also has true sight of them for a duration (similar to Bounty Hunter from Dota 2's Track).

Things we don't want to do with his ult:

Make it deal direct damage. This is simply diluting its real purpose and will be spammed constantly. Plus, a global ult that deals damage is just too.. LoL.

Make the stun unavoidable. A global CC would simply be too overpowered and would eliminate the "chance" aspect of it. You take quantity over quality.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }