Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Just for fun: Assault Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Just for fun: Assault Tier List 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 28, 2013 1:03am | Report
Ra Tier
Ra

S Tier
Chang'E
Ares
Aphrodite
Ao Kuang
Hel

A Tier
Neith
Guan Yu
Hades
Cupid
Poseidon
Anubis
Zeus
Odin
Vulcan
Thor
Apollo

B Tier
Agni
Freya
Sobek
He Bo
Ymir
Xbalanque
Artemis
Athena
Isis
Vamana
Chronos
Kali
Ne Zha

C Tier
Arachne
Hercules
Loki
Bacchus
Fenrir
Bastet

D Tier
Hun Batz
Bakasura

Ra: The god of Assault. Pretty much has everything you could possibly want from a god on assault. The Swiss army knife of Assault.
Chang'E: Simply a heal bot. From what I've seen, she heals much more than Aphrodite, so she gets placed higher. Also has decent poke, and a useless passive.

Ares: From what I've seen, the team with Ares wins. Purchasing blink as your starting item as well as co-ordination with team mates can cause the team with Ares to consistently demolish the enemy team. Oh, but Buddha, beads counter him. Hardly anyone would think to buy beads first against Ares. You will be able to at least demolish 4 gods the first time to you this trick.

Aphrodite: Heals, with decent poke, Just can't heal a whole team like Chang'E or Ra. Has better poke than Chang'E though. Also is some nice eye-candy.

Ao Kuang: The wave-clearing, poking machine. Has the best and most braindead clearing ability in the game. You definitely won't be able to push against the team with Ao Kuang.

Hel: Only here for the fact she has a heal. Pretty underwhelming otherwise. Placed higher because of joke.

Neith: Definitely S tier potential, but only in A tier for how she loses relevance late game. Great poke and sustain, as well as the ultimate to pick off and low health stragglers (which you see a lot in assault). Her walking animation gives retinal cancer when looked at for periods longer than 2 minutes.

Guan Yu: Has a very good heal, but is melee and has little to no poke.

Hades: Same as Ares, just isn't as 'controllable' and can easily be escaped as well.

Cupid: Heals. Just not as good as the others.

Poseidon: Really strong with great consistent damage output. Also has a large AoE ultimate to synchronise with ultimates that group enemies up.

Anubis: Fantastic AoE waveclear. Enhanced lifesteal for sustain, and of course, the fact he can pretty much burst anyone he wants to.

Zeus: See Poseidon. He is the inferior brother after all.

Odin: Basically a Hades but worse.

Vulcan: Pretty much the king of lane control, but doesn't really do much else.

Thor: Great poke, burst, escape potential and the ability to pick off any low health stragglers.

Apollo: I've heard people say different, but from my experiences, Apollo has done pretty well each time, with decent waveclear, good poke, fantastic escape potential and the ability to pick off anyone low. No beard.

Agni: High damage, long range poke, as well as a fantastic escape to boot. Also synchronises well grouping ultimates. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any poke outside of his ultimate, so he does nothing for a majority of the time.

Freya: Fantastic waveclear. That's about it.

Sobek: Good sustain, good escape, decent damage, and of curse, the fantastic fling which will snag your team a lot of kills. Just doesn't have any poke.

He Bo: Would be higher up, but his poke is just too short of range to poke safely.

Ymir: Honestly should be higher up, but I honestly wouldn't be able to justify why I would put him higher, so I left him here. He just has good teamfight and synergy with other gods.

Xbalanque: The best pushing carry in the game. Just doesn't have any other memorable qualities, besides an iffy escape.

Artemis: She's here for two reasons. The excellent lane control with traps, and the decent poke with Suppress the Insolent. Pretty lackluster otherwise.

Athena: Good escape, but mainly the fact that she can leash 2 or 3 enemies into her team.

Isis: Practically a walking passive. Her passive provides very good sustain, as well as some long range poke that can be rather hard to land (and lacking in damage).

Vamana: Decent poke, fantastic escape and above average waveclear. Also gets sustain from his ultimate.

Chronos: Good, spammable poke, but unfortunately has rather short range and doesn't impress too much in terms of damage.

Kali: I only put her here for the sustain. I suppose she can kind of poke with Blood Lash.

Ne Zha: Good escape, and fantastic poke...when it hits the god you want it to.

Arachne: Only has her ultimate going for her. Pretty much dead weight otherwise, as she has no poke and pretty situational sustain.

Hercules: Has a hook that's way too hard to land, and sustain that is very situational.

Loki: Basically a suicide bomber, other than the fact that he has to target people who are half dead, and the fact that he probably won't kill anyone. I suppose he has pretty good waveclear if you really want to max out decoy.

Bacchus: Has terrible mana problems, so bad that they drag him down to C tier. despite having some good escape and a great ultimate.

Fenrir: A no poke melee god that only has his ultimate going for him.

Bastet: It's Bastet.

Hun Batz: If this were Sun Wukong, he'd probably be in B tier. Except, this is Hun Batz, whose only form of decent poke teleports him to into the middle of the enemy team. Also, his ultimate tends to erase some hard work, from people such as Ares and Hades.

Bakasura: The worst god for Assault. A melee character with absolutely to poke at all, alright sustain and an ultimate that does jack diddly for his team. Hooray for Bakasura!
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 28, 2013 1:51am | Report
I disagree with apollo he actually is pretty bad on assault.
Most Gods from B tier are better on assault.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 2:15am | Report
Titan Tier:
Every mage healer
>Ra
>Hel
>Chang'E
>Aphrodite
Ao Kuang
Zeus
Hercules
Freya
Chronos
Vulcan (IF GOOD)

A Tier:
Sobek
Fenrir
Neith
Thor
Vamana
Athena
Kali
Poseidon
Guan Yu
Agni
Bacchus

B Tier:
He Bo
Cupid
Apollo
Hades
Anhur
Anubis
Ares
Ne Zha
Isis
Ymir
Xbalanque
Odin

C Tier:
Arachne
Artemis
Bakasura
Bastet
Hun Batz
Loki

Feel free to ask why my opinion stands on a particular god, but the rundown is as follows
Titan: Healers are ridiculously overpowered in this gamemode if the healing output is high. And healer on solely one side, if protected, assures victory. The mages that remain have amazing AoE ults, which in the medium sized lane is overpowered, or have decent pushing/group power. These mages have easy to land harass that yields either well pushed waves, or damage that sticks due to not being able to back. For example - zeus detonate is permanent damage that is easily accessible.

A Tier: These gods are not a free win, but have any of the following in large amounts: very safe play that enables little to no damage, which thrives in assault; amazing sustain through natural healing or lifesteal; Very accessible diving potential in melee champions that result in highly damaged backline champions; Extreme amounts of (not necessarily AoE) CC, resulting in a lot of damage on a target that cannot be healed back at the well; Above Average - Excellent AoE ults; Moderate healing. This tier is where the best melee find their fit

B Tier: These gods are average - they are naturally 'good' gods that simply don't have the tools (like sustain or survivability) to be perfect in assault(He Bo), or are very bad gods with the tools necessary to thrive in assault (Cupid). These gods have any of the following: moderate sustain at best; ults better suited to conquest (Apollo), not immensely destructive (Hades), or are easily counterable (Ares); A weak early game that does not thrive in the assault setting (Anhur, Apollo); a toolkit that doesn't fit on the trading type combat in assault instead of all-in type gameplay they require (ymir, ne zha, anubis)

C Tier: These gods are below average or bad gods to be assigned. Note that in smite, ANY god can snowball no matter what, so it is possible for them to absolutely carry the team, but in normal circumstances, these gods are dead weight that need to be carried or protected severely. These gods are lacking due to the following circumstances: Very low sustain that absolutely crushes them in assault (Loki, Bastet); Overall bad gods in general (Bastet, Artemis, Arachne); Melee with horrific gap closing outside of ulting or using the only escape for an all in (Loki, Arachne); No safe trading at all (Arachne, Loki, Hun Batz); Horrific early game/bad game without minions (Bakasura). Overall, these champions are assassins that have to wait on a team to do anything, and are in general exceptionally squishy. Artemis is the only non assassin here, who simply is the worst ADC in general, with a very good ult, but zero escapes at all, yielding dives exceptionally lethal. Only bastet has poke of all the assassins, but she is considered the 'worst' god atm, due to her useless passive, easy to kill cats in ult (especially in a 5v5 scenario), the 3rd skinniest linear shot in the game on a melee carry, and no attack steroid on an assassin.

Again - if you disagree, or are like "Why is agni in X tier, shouldn't he be one up?" Since the grey area between A-Titan and B-A is hard to clarify without a description.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 28, 2013 2:31am | Report
I think anubis could get into A tier. His passive of lifesteal can make him sustain long enough without healer

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 28, 2013 4:01am | Report
S-Tier
Ra
Ao Kuang
Zeus
Athena
Chang'e
Isis
Vulcan
Neith
Ymir

A-Tier
Guan Yu
Poseidon
Sobek
Hel
Agni
Ares
Aphrodite
Hercules
Chronos
Anhur

B-Tier
Thor
Cupid
Bacchus
Apollo
Hades
Freya
He Bo
Xbalanque

C-Tier
Vamana
Anubis
Odin (A-tier with the correct synergy)
Loki
Hun Batz (B-tier with the correct synergy)
Fenrir
Ne Zha
Arachne
Artemis

D-Tier
Kali
Bastet
Bakasura

S-Tier gods usually offer incredible support ability, great harass, and can fight in a very safe fashion that's ideal for the Assault gametype.

A-Tier gods are mostly similar to S-tier gods, but are outclassed by the S-tiers in some regard or another. The tanks that are here, while great in pretty much any comp, are not S because they still need to be up close, they can get focused, and their initiations can be countered.

B-Tier gods are good in most compositions, they usually have a good amount of teamfight pressence and can either handle being near enemies or have safety mechanisms in their kit to enable it. They tend to pale in comparison to A-tier gods in terms of their overall effectiveness.

C-Tier gods are usually really mediocre or underaverage in most compositions. Their general fighting style tends to be rather unsafe, or they cannot offer as much to the team as higher tier gods, and the only thing that usually keeps them from being D-tier is some niche tool in their kit (for example, Loki's ability to pick off lone, injured targets and escape alive with his stealth).
* Odin can be A-Tier with certain compositions that can effectively utilize his Ring of Spears (i.e. Zeus, Poseidon).
* Hun Batz can be B-Tier if he has a good initiator with him. Fear No Evil goes from being good to incredibly nasty when he has a tank enabling him to use it.

D-Tier gods have a very poor teamfight pressence, have incredible difficulty accomplishing their duty, and tend to become dead weight in the lategame if their team is behind.

I find players tend to overrate most healers. Healers are most effective if your team is playing the "trading game", which is basically taking shots and harassing each other without committing to an all-out assault. Healers are much less effective when the action is in their face and they cannot stall for more healing to gain an HP advantage over their enemies. Hel, for example, is very easy to focus and kill if she has to be near her teammates to heal them in a heated teamfight. Guan Yu's heal falls off lategame and tends to have little impact on teamfights unless he builds lots of magical power. The only healers I truly consider to be very good in Assault are Ra and Chang'e. Ra can fight very safely and his Solar Blessing is padded with numerous effects that work in your team's favor. Chang'e, with a CDR build, can repeatedly heal lots of HP even in teamfights, is great at keeping herself alive, and has a very effective instant-CC ult.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BullD0G » July 28, 2013 1:44pm | Report
I've never gotten fenrir in assault :O

BullD0G

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 2:10pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I think anubis could get into A tier. His passive of lifesteal can make him sustain long enough without healer

He's way too squishy to consider him A tier. He will almost always be able to kill one person in a teamfight, then die, and 1:1 is not the role of a mage - they are supposed to nuke several members of the opposite team.

And I'm very curious as to why Kali is in D tier of the last list, considering her natural lifesteal, amazing harass with 2, speed/attack steroid on 1, and ultimate that ruins mages early game

It's very very hard to outtrade a kali in an arena with any other melee in the game at any point in the game.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 28, 2013 3:07pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

He's way too squishy to consider him A tier. He will almost always be able to kill one person in a teamfight, then die, and 1:1 is not the role of a mage - they are supposed to nuke several members of the opposite team.

And I'm very curious as to why Kali is in D tier of the last list, considering her natural lifesteal, amazing harass with 2, speed/attack steroid on 1, and ultimate that ruins mages early game

It's very very hard to outtrade a kali in an arena with any other melee in the game at any point in the game.

Siphon Blood is only effective when there are many nearby targets to heal off of. Without those (and since minions are almost always going to be picked off by the mage on your team), you are not going to sustain off anything.
For the same reason, I generally don't consider lifesteal, on a melee god at that, to be of much use due to how fast you will die if you try to heal off of minions or an enemy god. Fenrir would be much higher up on this list if lifesteal was actually useful, but because melees have to put themselves in danger to lifesteal, it doesn't work as well as it would in other modes.
Frenzy is, at best, an escape move for when the enemy CCs you. It's nowhere near strong enough to be an effective damage move unless your enemy is already quite low on health. And only bad mage players (or Anubis) would actually position themselves near a melee god with no gap closer.
Harassing with Blood Lash is really all she's got going for her.

Kali also has zero CC in her kit, which is extremely important in Assault. She absolutely needs others to do the work for her, she herself cannot do anything useful for her team beyond melee damage, which so many other gods can already do with much more utility and safety.

If Kali wins in Assault, it's almost always because the rest of her team was actually comprised of good gods that enabled her to actually do her job, not because she is able to do it herself. Same thing can be said for Bakasura and most other assassins.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 3:16pm | Report
Difference is, Kali naturally has very high speed with her steroid, to the point where all CC must be focused on her, or your mage WILL die; and it's really not that hard to get off a siphon blood off on the minion wave. And lifesteal for me does not mean healing to full - it means effectively reducing damage the enemy god does. If you're both doing 100 damage, but you've got 20% lifesteal, you're removing 20% of the damage they're doing there (healing 20 health back of the 100 they did). This makes her ridiculous 1v1, and she snowballs at an extreme rate.

And harassing on blood lash is enough - with her speed, she can easily do her 335+100% scaling damage to finish off a low health god and escape with only one tower hit...you can't stay anywhere near action if you've got even remotely low health

But I digress. I agree with most of your list, otherwise.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 28, 2013 3:33pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Difference is, Kali naturally has very high speed with her steroid, to the point where all CC must be focused on her, or your mage WILL die; and it's really not that hard to get off a siphon blood off on the minion wave. And lifesteal for me does not mean healing to full - it means effectively reducing damage the enemy god does. If you're both doing 100 damage, but you've got 20% lifesteal, you're removing 20% of the damage they're doing there (healing 20 health back of the 100 they did). This makes her ridiculous 1v1, and she snowballs at an extreme rate.

And harassing on blood lash is enough - with her speed, she can easily do her 335+100% scaling damage to finish off a low health god and escape with only one tower hit...you can't stay anywhere near action if you've got even remotely low health

But I digress. I agree with most of your list, otherwise.

Lifesteal only applies to basic attacks, which you must get close to enemies to utilize. The only enemies that will be in your face most of the time are the tanks and other melee fighters. Tanks usually have enough protection to dull your attacks and will build Hide of the Nemean Lion to counter lifesteal the moment you begin to give them problems. Other melees include Thor, Loki, Hun Batz, Ne Zha, and Arachne, all of whom have ways to win trades against Kali through CC or in the case of Arachne, Drain Life that makes you unable to attack her while it, combined with poison, kills you.

Most of the gods that can't stay near the action are usually bad ones to begin with. But lets say you see a low health Ao Kuang or Vulcan, are you really going to chance diving them when they have no trouble fending off your team and getting farm from the safety of their tower?

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }