Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Just a reminder: Bad Players Blame Others

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Just a reminder: Bad Players Blame Others 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » March 1, 2014 12:25pm | Report
Bad Players Blame Others

Don't be a bad player, don't blame other people.

This is a public service announcement.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » March 1, 2014 1:24pm | Report
Good players congratulate them.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 1, 2014 1:32pm | Report
If a player is new, don't be afraid to help. After all, it's always good to help the others.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » March 1, 2014 2:14pm | Report
Yes to both. Remember too, just cause someone does bad doesn't mean they suck or did anything wrong. Sometimes they are just up against the other teams best opponent. Sometimes people just make a mistake.

But all too often I see whiney people blame everyone else but their own play for doing bad. "The jungle didn't gank" "you didnt' heal me", "you shoulda rotated". Its just a feeble attempt a making yourself feel better and does nothing to help the team.

So next time you get a mouthy player blaming somenoe, just state, "Bad Player Blame Others" and mute them ^_^

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » March 1, 2014 4:23pm | Report
Sometimes even the best of players have a bad game.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » March 1, 2014 6:48pm | Report
The only time I blame others is if it is obviously their fault.

An example would be an ADC and Support getting behind due to being too aggressive, and they don't even start to play with a little more caution, thus leading to more deaths and the enemy ADC getting fed.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 1, 2014 7:20pm | Report
Yes, I was playing loki jungle and must trying out loki so I wasn't good at him and end game, this guy had 2 more kills than me and a lot more deaths, and he blamed me for the loss...

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » March 1, 2014 11:15pm | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

The only time I blame others is if it is obviously their fault.

An example would be an ADC and Support getting behind due to being too aggressive, and they don't even start to play with a little more caution, thus leading to more deaths and the enemy ADC getting fed.

Then you are a bad player ^_^ Bad players blame others.

The only disclaimer id accept is a player who disconnects, sits in well, purposely feeds, or similar along those lines.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 2, 2014 11:12pm | Report
Now, I'm going to have to call you out here. I really do have to argue with that logic.

Ok, first of all, there is always something you could've done better in any situation. Regardless of what it is, there just is. I mean, even in my good plays in LoL, after watching over them, I immediately see a better option that I should've taken to make the play smoother or less risky.

Now, I must comment on your wording.

Ryvvik wrote:

Bad player

Now, if your talking about bad in the sense that it is the absence of good from one's attitude, then yes, I can only agree with you. Arrogance, a lack of receptiveness or simple blindness are all 'bad' qualities.

But that is not the sense you are talking about. Really, you are talking about mere incompetence or the lack of experience or judgement in order to play the game well. In this sense, your opinion becomes incorrect. Ok, while it is hard to measure the skill of someone on something like this, let's just say a tournament level support player who has 500 games with Athena and averages 2/1/30 in tournaments. If his friendly Apollo,30/0, were to miscalculate, get greedy and dive into the enemy with his ultimate on the other side of the map, which in turn causes you to be unable to defend against an assault on your base from the enemy team and you lose the game, causing the Athena to be frustrated and ends up questioning the intelligence of the Apollo, does that make the Athena player incompetent or inadequately skilled at this game? By your logic, she is, ne?

The Athena always could have done something better, yes, but the Apollo could've easily avoided losing the game for his team. It is his fault. Blaming someone else does not make you a bad player if it is justified. It simply is not logical, and rather, it's childish if you receive justified blame and call the accuser bad.

I'm just going to quote the bible.

"But I say unto you that ye resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also"

If you were to receive blame, don't fight back, accept it. Acknowledge it, and improve, for your sake. And in the meantime, try to resolve it in a civil and mature manner with the attacker, to simply make both of your experiences better.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 2, 2014 11:36pm | Report
Agree with Ryvvik, but we can always try to assist them in builds(a particular item), tell them to be careful in certain situations and a very good idea during a game is to switch lanes and roles. Unless a player is not abusive he doesn't harm the team spirit and moral. This applies to the whole team.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }