Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

July 31st Balance Patch WTF did they do!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » July 31st Balance Patch WTF did they do!!!! 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 30, 2013 6:02pm | Report
Okay I have some serious problems with this patch. I swear I could rage so hard right now.

#1 What the F did hercules just get a stun on his 1 for???? Holy **** I'm going to go back to playing him if they wanna put a crazy buff on his ***. Do you guys see how much damn damage his 1 already did before??? Now it stuns? Oh man I feel sorry for who ever wants to F with hercules after this patch.

#2 WTF did Hi-Rez just do to my Xbalanque??? Why the hell did he get nerfed?
I just mad him my main god now he is nerfed? Nobody even picks him much and this is what he gets???

Okay someone with knowledge of how these stats work explain two things to me.
They lessened his combo damage by 10% is that a noticable difference to where I am not going to want to play him?

Like is he going to be ****ty now or is he still going to be able to use that combo as his main source of damage. Man I am pissed about that nerf why the hell did I just make him my main if he is getting nerfed.

And someone explain this to me because it seems I am missing something.

How did they buff anhur's late game with spears??? Isn't it nerfed?
The took off 20 from like the first two spears and only added 10 more damage on the last spears. So how is that a buff when 20 less damage is more than 10 damage buffed on the last spears I don't get it.

It also seems like they listen to peoples threads lol because they added CC immunity on bakasuras ult wernt we all just talking about that lol.

BUT WHY XBL NERF WHY GOD WHY!!!!!

I'm ****in rage after I log out of smite fire.

I guess I'll spam my 2-3 combo until the patch.

Man wtf. Someone told me this was gonna happen after I just pwned with him. I was bragging joking say XBL = the best carry because I went 9-0. Then someone said well hes going to be ****ty carry because hes getting nerfed.

I said "I doubt hes getting nerfed because nobody picks him"

W H A T T H E F U C K

Sorry for the cursing but its needed in a time like this

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 30, 2013 6:14pm | Report
1) It always stunned, hercules just needed to be below 1/2 health before. He has seen nearly no competitive play, so it's not a bad buff.

2) Xbalanque early game fostered way too much 2+3 and flying away in midair with his 3. There was 0, I repeat, 0 risk involved. They nerfed that while buffing his ability to repeatedly throw bola's, which rewards skillshot play over cheap, guerrilla tactic play.

3) Baka's buff was necessary. He was one of the few champions with a self-buff ult that had no immunity.

4) They didn't buff the spears itself, they buffed the damage each spear does. Early game it does 15 less damage. Rank 2 is 10 less than original. Rank 3 is 5 less. Rank 4 is the same. Rank 5 does 5 more damage each.

The nerf isn't really all that heavy to xbal, you're exaggerating and it's not ridiculous. Most AD carries end up using abilities for utility over damage late game anyway, as the auto attacks are the brunt of the damage. a 10% nerf to a 30% damage buff is not that bad. All this does is encourage skill over unavoidable damage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 30, 2013 9:31pm | Report
1) Hercules stun is a stun. Stuns = bad for you.
A stun that is pretty easy to do = bad for your health

2) There is 0 risk involved with alot of skills. Skill shots. Well the thing is you can call it more skill but if you actually think about it, having more mana with branching bolas actually means less skill because you can spam more misses and have more mana left over. I'm still going to spam the 2 + 3 combo. I never herd anyone complain over his combo so I have no reason why they nerfed it. Seriously am I missing the talk or something? I swear I never seen anyone complain or make a thread about his combo. Well maybe the good thing is less people will play him. good for me if I play him less people playing my god.

3) I don't care about baka hes ugly.

4) I looked at the balance patch notes and it didn't say anything about the ranking up of his spears? It just talked about spear damage but not the ranks? At least from the site I read it off of.

Yes auto attacks do alot of damage but skills that do damage is a good thing other wise smite would be boring.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » July 30, 2013 9:36pm | Report
I just wish they would stop nerfing hun batz he really doesnt need it :(

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 30, 2013 10:14pm | Report
HollowsEdge wrote:

I just wish they would stop nerfing hun batz he really doesnt need it :(

In my opinion, they need to make his ultimate either:

A. Not constantly reapply the fear.
B. *Slightly* increase the activation delay.

As it stands, even if I manage to get a cleanse off before the incredibly quick animation finishes, I'll still be feared when cleanse wears off, unless I'm very near the edge of the ultimate. It's also something that you can really only reliably react to preemptively; if he leaps into a group of three or more, it should be obvious he's about to ult, but even then, the constantly reapplying fear pretty much means you can't react to it...

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 30, 2013 10:17pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

1) Hercules stun is a stun. Stuns = bad for you.
A stun that is pretty easy to do = bad for your health

2) There is 0 risk involved with alot of skills. Skill shots. Well the thing is you can call it more skill but if you actually think about it, having more mana with branching bolas actually means less skill because you can spam more misses and have more mana left over. I'm still going to spam the 2 + 3 combo. I never herd anyone complain over his combo so I have no reason why they nerfed it. Seriously am I missing the talk or something? I swear I never seen anyone complain or make a thread about his combo. Well maybe the good thing is less people will play him. good for me if I play him less people playing my god.

3) I don't care about baka hes ugly.

4) I looked at the balance patch notes and it didn't say anything about the ranking up of his spears? It just talked about spear damage but not the ranks? At least from the site I read it off of.

Yes auto attacks do alot of damage but skills that do damage is a good thing other wise smite would be boring.

1) Yes I agree stuns are bad for your health. It's supposed to be that way. Hercules needs that stun because trust me, he has no sticking power. He can get you TO him, but he can't KEEP you there for ANYTHING. So he needs that brief stun. You most likely won't be getting bursted down by a hercules player anyway, it would be his team - which he needs utility to support.

2) Many people, especially high ranked, complained about his 3 ability. You can activate it out of range, move in, hit with the aoe, and move back out, all while in midair, invulnerable to anything. Smitefire is a very small community, believe it or not, and it's usually Twitch, Reddit, and Smitegame.com that get the most suggestions. The combo is absolutely broken at level 2 with the high burst that is hard to match early game.

3) That's just...a bad argument. You may not like him, but he still needed buffs.

4)It is. Read what BullD0G posted.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 30, 2013 11:43pm | Report
I honestly felt that this patch was one of their better ones. Hercules sees no play at all, so it's just a little buff to get him in line. Also, it's only one second, and the range on it is very poor, as well as it knocking you back so by the time Hercules gets to you, you'll be able to move again.

Xbalanque had tiny nerfs. The minuscule loss in damage was to not promote '*****' playstyle. In order to make up for the loss in pushing, they lowered the mana cost on Branching Bolas to make sure he can still push. The change in damage is pretty small and you can still use your darts into leap for good harass.

I, personally, hate the cc immunity on Baka, as pretty much the only way to counter him now is to run, which is a signal for bad god design.

Anhur only had a small buff to his late game. The increase in scaling on his leap was unnecessary as you should only be using it to run.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 31, 2013 12:46am | Report
Hercules could've been buffed in a number of ways other than giving him a stun with no strings attached. We really don't need every good having a free stun at their disposal. Thor went from being decent to borderline OP when they made his wall inflict stun, and this change will likely do the same to Herc as well.

Bakasura is only CC immune for 3 seconds. He really needs to be able to finish someone off in those three seconds or he'll be in trouble.

And you've clearly never seen an Anhur use Disperse aggressively. It actually allows you to set up wall Impales if your reflexes are good enough. Granted it shouldn't be used in a large teamfight, but in a duel or in the duo lane, a skilled Disperse + Impale combo is a set up for great pain.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 31, 2013 3:44am | Report
No I think people must have not seen a good hercules.

Let me say this again. He stuns forever now.

:) OH god, thor you have been outdone.
Hercules Vs Thor : Winner = Hercules

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 31, 2013 4:03am | Report
ICEN wrote:

No I think people must have not seen a good hercules.

Let me say this again. He stuns forever now.

:) OH god, thor you have been outdone.
Hercules Vs Thor : Winner = Hercules

He stuns for 1 second.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }