Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jesus? Buddha?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Jesus? Buddha? 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 2, 2012 8:44pm | Report
Uberpwn wrote:

Hi-Rez doesn't want to add any mythological beings that wouldn't be interesting in a combat based game. Having jesus walk around and preach to people wouldn't exactly be the most entertaining way to play the game.

You already get enough of that from the feeders on your team that blame everyone else lol.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GreenPhoenix » November 2, 2012 9:22pm | Report
Uberpwn wrote:
Hi-Rez doesn't want to add any mythological beings that wouldn't be interesting in a combat based game. Having jesus walk around and preach to people wouldn't exactly be the most entertaining way to play the game.
Which is kinda subjective. I fail to see how Jesus would be anymore ridiculous than a giant baby with an umbrella.

GreenPhoenix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alibabarouge » November 2, 2012 9:36pm | Report
i hardly see any preaching in my description... thor and loki or odin in the avengers dont preach me neither...kali in smite neither

alibabarouge

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJ Koopa » November 3, 2012 11:38pm | Report
For one, Jesus is God's son, and Mary was as much of a god as Rosa Parks was.

Second, what in the HELL would Jesus or Buddha do in a combat game?

DJ Koopa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 4, 2012 1:10am | Report
Quoted:

For one, Jesus is God's son, and Mary was as much of a god as Rosa Parks was.

Second, what in the HELL would Jesus or Buddha do in a combat game?

got me thinking.....

Jesus, Support, Inititiator.

1. Test of Faith
Jesus queries the target on his holiness and obedience to God. If the target casts an ability or auto attacks in the next 3 seconds, the target will be stunned and take damage. All incoming damage sources on the target are also amplified.

2. Own Blood
Jesus stabs himself and pours his blood into a chalice. He then passes it around for all to drink, healing them. This has a health cost for Jesus.

3. Transform
Jesus magically creates wine from water. All enemies around him have their vision blinded for 2 seconds. During this time, the players feels nausea, headaches, cramps, vomitting and unconsciousness, as well as falling asleep and getting a hangover within 5 minutes.
The cost to be able to cast this ability is an allied He Bo.

4. Burden.
Jesus loads his cross onto a targetted enemy. The target is slowed by 10% for 2 seconds, be fore he falls a first ime, receiving 50 damage and stunned for 1 second.
He is then slowed by 20% for another 2 seconds. He then falls a second time, being damaged for 50 damage and stunned for 1 second.
He is then slowed by 30% for 2 seconds. He falls a third time, being damaged for a further 50 damage at rank 1, as well as stunned for 1 second.
He is then slowed for 40% for 2 seconds. At the end of duration, the target is crucified, being dealth 150 damage and stunned for 2 seconds.

Just a thought xD.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 4, 2012 1:14am | Report
No, that ult is insane and way to OP lolol.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 4, 2012 1:17am | Report
Quoted:

No, that ult is insane and way to OP lolol.

Changed it for the sake of humor.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 4, 2012 4:01am | Report
I guess you didnt quite get the whole idea of the game. If you think about gods, you usually think of the one god, many people believe in. But in smite are only ancient gods in that almost no one believes anymore. These days there is only one god, may it be " god " or " Allah " or whoever. And if they would include this one god or people like jesus, fighting for their life and dieing over and over just to kill as many other gods as possible, people would see this as an offense, and Hi-Rez knows that, since no one cares about the ancient gods anymore they can only include them in the game. So drop that idea.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GreenPhoenix » November 4, 2012 7:20am | Report
Yes, nobody believes in any of those Hindu gods. Especially not all those people over there...

GreenPhoenix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Uberpwn » November 4, 2012 9:17pm | Report
I don't think the fan base of the various religions is important to Hi-Rez. Their primary goal is to make a fun and balanced game, and that's easiest to do with interesting gods that tend to come from more nationalized religions.

Uberpwn

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }