Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Jesus? Buddha?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Jesus? Buddha? 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alibabarouge » November 1, 2012 8:40am | Report
Hi everyone,

i read an article about some instances trying to remove Kali from the game cause it could hurt her believers...

it seems that Hi rez refused ( great!) but it got me thinking, what would be my feeling if a game was depicting jesus or buddha? As a christian should i take offense?

In the end i thinh Hi rez should include Jesus or Virgin Mary, because it s FAIR! and i d love to play some christians "gods".

let me know what you think about it.

in a following post just in case.
power for jesus or Mary? are you kinding?!

That would be fantastic! let me picture you that!

First Jesus could have 2 skins or even 3 or it could be two states idk.

first skin : the lamb of god

Jesus would be dressed normally like we see him picture most of time. Walking with sandals. But his shadow would be a cross. ( coool)

second skin : the Third day

jesus could be represented with the crown of spikes and the stigmatas hand and feet, he could be levitating and haloed in a dime light of white.

( ****ing awesome?! no?)

Now the powers! oh yeah baby!

so many i dont even know how to start.

40 days in the desert: maybe a slowing power? affecting enemies speed for a duration?

An eye for an eye: When jesus cast this spell any enemy he cant attack anyone but if he gets hurt the damage is return in magic plus additional damage.

The temple wrath: jesus enter a sacred wrath and rushes towards ennemy inflicting damage and a stun.

the passion: every enemy in the aoe is taunted to attack jesus, jesus appears on the cross, every damage inflicted is healing any allies in the aoe... or smth else.

this is just a few... but it would be so amazing!!!!! wooooow

alibabarouge

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rehab » November 1, 2012 10:32am | Report
http://www.gamespot.com/news/deity-based-moba-smite-will-not-use-jewish-christian-islamic-figures-6384974

Rehab

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 1, 2012 4:01pm | Report
To be fair Jesus and Mary are not gods, so it woulsnt make sense anyhow.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flyrom99 » November 2, 2012 4:43pm | Report
Yea.......... no. They are not really mythology.
If I helped you in anyway by outting suggestions for your guide or making a signature for you could you please rep me.

flyrom99

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GreenPhoenix » November 2, 2012 6:09pm | Report
Quoted:
To be fair Jesus and Mary are not gods, so it woulsnt make sense anyhow.
Jesus is most certainly a god according to the Trinity doctrine.

GreenPhoenix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 2, 2012 6:27pm | Report
GreenPhoenix wrote:

Jesus is most certainly a god according to the Trinity doctrine.

Ok, what is his power?
How did he get turned into a god / why is he a god?
How does he fit the mythology theme that smite is currently running?
Does he fit the page long description of "What it takes to get into Smite" that Todd Harris has set forth to the company to decide what gods make it and what gods dont?

And off topic, to say that Jesus was a god is a contradiction to the first commandment set forth from that religion.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GreenPhoenix » November 2, 2012 6:38pm | Report
Quoted:
Ok, what is his power?
How did he get turned into a god / why is he a god?
How does he fit the mythology theme that smite is currently running?
Does he fit the page long description of "What it takes to get into Smite" that Todd Harris has set forth to the company to decide what gods make it and what gods dont?
I didn't say anything about whether he should or should not be implemented into the game, just that, he is, indeed, a god according to most people who follow that religion.

From my observations of how Hi-Rez has been adapting gods, Jesus wouldn't really cause much of a problem, since they've been pretty loose (look at Ares, for instance). You could find plenty of inspiration in some parts of the Old Testament or in Revelation.

Quoted:
And off topic, to say that Jesus was a god is a contradiction to the first commandment set forth from that religion.
Not if Jesus = Jenovah it isn't. It is most certainly true for the vast majority of Christians (i.e., Catholics and Orthodox).

GreenPhoenix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by alibabarouge » November 2, 2012 8:15pm | Report
power for jesus or Mary? are you kinding?!

That would be fantastic! let me picture you that!

First Jesus could have 2 skins or even 3 or it could be two states idk.

first skin : the lamb of god

Jesus would be dressed normally like we see him picture most of time. Walking with sandals. But his shadow would be a cross. ( coool)

second skin : the Third day

jesus could be represented with the crown of spikes and the stigmatas hand and feet, he could be levitating and haloed in a dime light of white.

( ****ing awesome?! no?)

Now the powers! oh yeah baby!

so many i dont even know how to start.

40 days in the desert: maybe a slowing power? affecting enemies speed for a duration?

An eye for an eye: When jesus cast this spell any enemy he cant attack anyone but if he gets hurt the damage is return in magic plus additional damage.

The temple wrath: jesus enter a sacred wrath and rushes towards ennemy inflicting damage and a stun.

the passion: every enemy in the aoe is taunted to attack jesus, jesus appears on the cross, every damage inflicted is healing any allies in the aoe... or smth else.

this is just a few... but it would be so amazing!!!!! wooooow

alibabarouge

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GreenPhoenix » November 2, 2012 8:21pm | Report
Christians would have a field day with that. O:

GreenPhoenix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Uberpwn » November 2, 2012 8:42pm | Report
Hi-Rez doesn't want to add any mythological beings that wouldn't be interesting in a combat based game. Having jesus walk around and preach to people wouldn't exactly be the most entertaining way to play the game.

Uberpwn

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }