Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Isis solo?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Isis solo? 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » November 19, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Isis is underpowered (Conquest)...there are atleast 20 heroes that can do any job better than her.

If anybody lands any kind of disable on her especially during early game, it is complete and utter GG for her lane. Yea...u can sit back at tower and play like the most passive mofo ever in smite...but you won't be pressuring anybody really. It's just too easy to push her out of the lane. Her farm is mediocre at best, other mages farm better (and safer).

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 19, 2013 1:16pm | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

Isis is underpowered (Conquest)...there are atleast 20 heroes that can do any job better than her.

If anybody lands any kind of disable on her especially during early game, it is complete and utter GG for her lane. Yea...u can sit back at tower and play like the most passive mofo ever in smite...but you won't be pressuring anybody really. It's just too easy to push her out of the lane. Her farm is mediocre at best, other mages farm better (and safer).

Can you give me a list of those gods, and why so? thanks.

Also, I need some people to testify for you before I believe it, because though you're partially true, a good isis can dodge almost all disables.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 19, 2013 1:32pm | Report
Isis isn't countered by 20 gods, nor are there 20 that are better than her on an explicit role-role basis, but she is underpowered. Her scaling is iffy, ball is very nice but very slow, her silence's debuff and team buff don't last long enough, and wing gust is iffy.

But her role isn't full mage.

Her role is support mage, very similar to Ra or Chang'E. Hence her passive, her silence's buff, her ultimate healing and damage reduction, and her large AoE stun. That's simply who she is - if you have a team that already has a serious amount of damage, she's a very solid pick.

She has a major, major problem with counter-mids, however. While landing a stun on a Neith will ensure a kill, she has a very low health pool, her wing gust is a slower speed up than Ao Kuang, and her stun requires her to be facing her enemy, that is, causing a backpedal penalty. So it is pretty hard for her to escape unless they're very good. This means Fenrir (even if silenced mid-cast, he's already reached you), Loki, Neith, AMC, Mercury, Tyr, and Chronos can all do very solidly against her, simply due to their bully-like, dueling properties.

TL;DR, she has her weaknesses, but she isn't a mage, she's a support mage. She's not meant to hypercarry, so she isn't by any means bad. Just a tad underpowered due to Power Creeping/OP Agni/Poseidon.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » November 19, 2013 1:37pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Can you give me a list of those gods, and why so? thanks.

Also, I need some people to testify for you before I believe it, because though you're partially true, a good isis can dodge almost all disables.

AO ~ built in Sprint with temporary slow immunity
Agni ~ Dash + Disable/slow Immunity
Hebo ~ Scroll spell and/or Ulti used as escape

Lets throw in chang'e too
Chang`e ~ Speedbuff on spell use, temporary immunity to all enemy spells when using 3

Isis ~ Minor Speedbuff when using 1....LOL what else? Nothing. So if you're trying to farm, you're using 1. What perks does Isis have if trying to escape if 1 is on cooldown....NOTHING. Get it yet? The hero is weak because it doesn't have a reliable escape mechanism. I find it odd the way the hero was designed.

In an ideal world, all ganks are predicted, wards are scattered everywhere, your teammates call out every Miss., you land all your spells playing Isis, and you farm all day long. GGHF

Reality? **** happens. The enemy will try and kill you. The enemy jungler will jump your ***. I'd much rather be playing any other hero then Isis especially if people trying to take you down. Even if you survive, your initial sustain is so bad you end up being pushed out of the lane...either dying or going back to base. She is weak and needs some type of rework, most likely to her ult or passive. Anyone that thinks she's some highskill cap, or top5 hero is delusional. She is mediocre at best like I said...other heroes are much more forgiving, and can die once or twice without completely losing the lane and being pushed out.

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 19, 2013 1:55pm | Report
Isis has worlds greatest level 1 wave clear. Her 1 though not as great as some other escape's still get's her out of a lot of nasty situations.

But why the **** do you say her 1 Is here only escape? Everything but her ult lets her get direct distence and her ult is so large that it is a zoning tool.

A big slow with a silence is not an escape? I call ******** on that esspecially sice her's is is an instant ranged AoE. It has just one very small downside and that is that you get the backpadel panelty for a tenth of a second.

A giant AoE stun that can be detonated isn't an escape tool? With the same minor drawback mentioned before?

Isis is perfectly healthy where she is and is in no way counterd by 20 GODS (i had to point it out) nor do 20 gods do better then what she does. She is the best support mage defeating chang'e and apro.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 19, 2013 1:59pm | Report
I agree with All4, but I think Chang'e is a full support.

She is most definitely not top 5 in solo, but I do know that she has a very high skill ceiling - comparable to Hel's.

And I do agree that her passive needs to be reworked.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » November 19, 2013 2:23pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

Isis has worlds greatest level 1 wave clear. Her 1 though not as great as some other escape's still get's her out of a lot of nasty situations.

But why the **** do you say her 1 Is here only escape? Everything but her ult lets her get direct distence and her ult is so large that it is a zoning tool.

A big slow with a silence is not an escape? I call ******** on that esspecially sice her's is is an instant ranged AoE. It has just one very small downside and that is that you get the backpadel panelty for a tenth of a second.

A giant AoE stun that can be detonated isn't an escape tool? With the same minor drawback mentioned before?

Isis is perfectly healthy where she is and is in no way counterd by 20 GODS (i had to point it out) nor do 20 gods do better then what she does. She is the best support mage defeating chang'e and apro.

When you're playing at a highskill level...that backpedal penalty will get you killed...especially early game.

What makes Isis a support mage to you? Is it her passive? Or her weird longer CD ulty that can heal? Because she is not a support like Chang'e or Aphrodite are. Chang'e and Aphro have short CD spells which directly buff/heal friendlies...Isis does not. Her first 2 spells are pure offensive, and her third is a silence, which is also offensive. The whole point of the Buff/Debuff portion of her silence is that you got your ult lined up underneath the enemy while they are silenced/debuffed and blast them. She is a Mage designed to be farming, stacking magic power, and killing sh1t. If you're trying to farm using your spells, you become vulnerable. She is not a buffbot like Chang'e and Aphro and couldn't be if she tried.

In her current state, her spells and passives do not synergize that well together and need reworked somehow. Currently she's played like some gimped mage that is very passive and reactionary. One wrong move and she suffers much more than any other God.

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 19, 2013 2:29pm | Report
I really think you should actually look at the other posts on this thread, they cover most of what you're saying. And, flicking to use your 2 or 3 will not give you sufficient movement reduction to give the other team a chance to kill you.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 19, 2013 3:00pm | Report
Oh my!
Highskill lvl play and Isis being bad in the same post. Someone is on some serious medication right here :p

But seriously she is played a lot in high lvl play, same amount as Poseidon probably (a bit less than Ao Kuang, just because pushing is more important than kills in the current meta). Angi is always on topp (together with Zeus, Zung and Cronos).

She has way more mobilety than most of them, Ao Kuang, are you kidding? He won't have any kind of mobilety until lvl 6 and one point in "sprint" (Slither) is only 20%for 4 sec.

Isis has the Spirit ball and silence to help if she gets ganked ( Fenrir countr right there) and the wing gust if need be which is a 25% movement buff for 3 seconds with no backpedal penalty, so you can even deal damage....

Just watch some matches on Smitepro and you will be seeing her in a decent amount of games! There is better picks ofc, but she is definitely very balanced!
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 19, 2013 3:49pm | Report
Isis is played pretty consistently at high levels in mid. More than Poseidon, Ra and some others that I think people generally rate as higher than Isis. She's great in team fights, and isn't bad in lane, although the more popular mages do present some matchup issues. A good Isis is dirty late game. She can cheaply waste beads or just set up easy kills.

She's definitely not a solo laner though. She's way too easy to gank, camp or just outright kill by most other solo laners. You want to not have fun? Try Isis against Wukong. She doesn't have the burst of He Bo or Zeus or the healing of Hel to survive in lane against bruisers. Sustainability is a non-factor with teleport3 in the meta, but dying instantly is still a problem.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }