Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is there a way to run smite smoother

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is there a way to run smite smoother 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MicroNiko » April 6, 2016 7:39pm | Report
So, I have a realy bad laptop, but at least i can play smite with orrible performance (15-25 FPS and some times 30) and the game is kinda playable.

Now my question is, can i lower the graphics more than the games minimum settings? (the settings are all down to the minimum and the resolution is the lowest) or at least is there a way to make smite run smoother?

My specs are terrible: 4GB ram, some intel pentium processor,Win 7 and an intel graphics card.

MicroNiko

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 6, 2016 11:46pm | Report
Unfortunately, there may not be very much you can do. Your limitation is probably a combination of all of the hardware on your laptop...CPU, GPU (guessing maybe onboard Intel?), RAM to a lesser extent...

Not sure what your system will allow, but these could possibly give you a few FPS...
  • Is your laptop hot? Possible overheating issues when running SMITE? Might see if you can cool it down somehow...set it somewhere that gets a bit of ventilation, or maybe one of those laptop stands that has fans built in...

• Can you overclock? This is counter to the cooling, but if there's an option, it's worth a try.

• Is your hard drive fairly clean? Have you run programs that make sure your HD, registry, etc. are efficient? Maybe CCleaner for something like that. Just be careful when cleaning registry. Also, is your HD defragged? Try Defraggler.

• Are you closing all background apps that aren't needed?

Not sure any of these will help. Good luck!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 7, 2016 8:31am | Report
You could try (only I don't know if smite allows it) a program like razor game booster which closes background progresses that aren't needed so you have more RAM to work with.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }