Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Nu Wa weak?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Is Nu Wa weak? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 23, 2014 3:51am | Report
I know that she has her uses, but do you think there is something, I dunno, lacking?

In my opinion, it's her passive, or lack therof: that +10 Hp5 is so insignificant, I literally forgot it was there the first time I made my guide.

Or is it something else? The fact that her steroid has a 60 second cooldown? Her lack of consistency? Something?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 23, 2014 3:58am | Report
She is not weak. She does a ton of damage, can solo most towers very early, she does a ton of damage just very spread out over team fights.

The spread out damage on a mage makes them appear reletively weak since spread damage is more of a bruiser thing.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 23, 2014 4:10am | Report
I don't think she's weak necessarily, but personally, I don't find her "fear factor" to be as high as nearly any of the other mages. I've definitely gotten my *** kicked by a fair share of Nu Was and have dished out decent scores playing as her myself, but both times have been in team fights. She's definitely a good team player when she sees her chance and goes for it, but at the same time, I'd take going against her over mages like Zeus, Freya, Poseidon, etc. Not because she's weak or anything, but from my experience with her, she's just not as "scary" to go against.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » January 23, 2014 4:20am | Report
Yes.

She just does not have that single target damage or burst that the meta is somewhat revolved around, so she kind of does not fit atm.

But someone will find a way to use her well and suddenly we got a new Freya (if you did not know back in the days she was almost never played, then some dude found a build and PonPon started using that and suddenly she was OP as ****. Now she is still a great god).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 23, 2014 4:34am | Report
She just doesn't offer much of a threat in solo queue. I mean, it's pretty hard to co-ordinate a gank with Fog without communication. Also, her Clay Soldiers feels kind of useless in my opinion. It just creates more creeps for the enemies to farm, and doesn't really offer much other than the armour buff. Her ult has it's uses. but I don't think it offers enough in order for people to not walk through it. The damage and slow generally isn't scary enough for people to not want to walk through it.

Also, her passive isn't all too noticeable or appreciated for that matter. I guess regen is always nice for a jungler though.

Don't get me wrong, she is strong with co-ordinated teams where her large amount of utility can really shine, but she just lacks a fear factor.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 23, 2014 5:48am | Report
As someone who is currently God Rank 5 with Nu Wa, she is by no means weak.

She is, however, in need of better damage distribution in her kit. She has this problem where she is very strong and capable of melting through health bars during her ultimate, but any time her metal crystal isn't active, her damage is less than stellar (unless you count the occasional Polynomicon proc. So if Pillars of Heaven is cooling down, you have no business being near a teamfight.

Still, she offers unique things no other god throws onto the table. Fog allows her to bypass enemy wards that aren't Vision or Rank 3 Eye, making her a good roamer and ganker. Clay Soldiers allows her to place brutal pressure on towers, and is pretty much the big reason you do not want to die against her in the solo/mid lane.

Did I also forget to mention that at max level, a damage-build Nu Wa can single-handedly push down towers, phoenixes, and even solo the minotaur because of the sheer power she gets from Pillars of Heaven and by using her Clay Soldiers to tank them? Combined with her ability to roam undetected with Fog, she is very effective at backdooring.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 23, 2014 6:01am | Report
I think that is an extremely bad trend in Smite - the inconsistency of some gods and the dependance on their ultimates.

I have to admit that Fog is pretty incredible though. Especially with a decent amount of CDR; you are literally undetectable by wards forever.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 23, 2014 6:16am | Report
I don't think she's bad, she just fits a peculiar niche as far as her kit goes.

If you're comparing her to what most mid lanes are, she's lacking. Her only SERIOUS damaging ability is her fire, which, while a little difficult, can be avoided due to its firing delay. Unless you're going to fog on top of them, this is your only damage, whom someone like Chronos or Agni would never get hit by.

She also has the tendency to be pushed to her tower early game and lose farm, since her farming is moderate. She has a small AoE basic attack when she uses fire, her fog does a little damage, and her clay soldiers can hold off, but sadly even all three of these combined aren't the *best* waveclear, especially since you won't be maxing clay soldiers first in lieu of the fire, most likely. Once you get a bit of magic power - maybe an item or two into the build - then you're fine, but it's hard early game imo compared to a very simple Flame Wave or Tidal Wave.

Finally, as mentioned, in teamfights she's....weird. Her ult can nuke someone, but it's not necessarily the easiest thing to place efficiently - simply boxing someone in isn't necessarily the best option. Additionally, I've seen many more people taking combat blink, and that negates her ult. Sure the ult CD is like, a third of the combat blink, but that's a fight you lost and puts them ahead.

However, she is a scary duelist. If you're hit by her fire, you're probably going to die late game. Polynomicon hurts like hell, her double damage is ridiculous, and her fog (while you know she's in that circle) is annoying to deal with. Plus, even if you KNOW where she is, the stealth ruins certain gods - Arachne can't leach anyone in stealth, for example, and arachne is known as the pubstomper of soloqueue.

All in all, I think she's very strong. She has a hard time in laning phase until she gets a few items, but that's how most auto attack based mages are - Chronos and Freya (especially now with her nerfs) have a hard time early game too. But late game, if you are genuinely good at her, you are a terror.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » January 25, 2014 10:49am | Report
Well, no, I don;t find her weak. She is a serious threat to towers and can make or break a team fight. However, in arena she is downright CRUEL to the enemy team. I got quadra with her in arena and just an hour ago I accomplished this. Overall, I dont; play her in conquest much but I love her in arena.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 25, 2014 11:53am | Report
can you please not give me a seizure pudding
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }