Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I am loved and Loki does no damage :(

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » I am loved and Loki does no damage :( 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 8, 2013 12:11am | Report
I just got done playing a match where I wanted to do jungle Anubis.

After owning loki about two times the Tyr on my team said "Loki does no damage"
So I went and checked out what items he had.

Loki had heartseaker which I assume was half stacked or less because of his 4 deaths.
He had penetration boots which I just realized because I thought he had no penetration.
He DID NOT have the executioner when the Tyr on my team said this.

Me being Anubis actually survived 2 attacks from loki up close probably because of my breast plate of valor. But I am wondering how much of an advantage does just one breast plate of valor actually give you when the opponent only has 15 pen.

AT the time loki had.
- Penetration boots = 15 penetration
- Heart Seeker - 25 or less stacks because I killed him twice.
- Death bringer (not sure if it was rank 3 or not)

My only defense was
- Breast Plate of valor which If I remember is +75 physical defense.

I am wondering how much pen that loki actually needs to deal enough damage to kill me off with ease because tyr was saying that loki was doing no damage too him? I told him I assume its because he has less than 25 stacks and not enough penetration?

Also I can see I am becoming more known for the good or bad :P
If you look at the bottom one of the people from the other team said one of his team members said "Watch out for that anubis" "Uh oh its ICEN"

:D "Uh oh" Don't know if thats a compliment or if that means oh **** its the rage man!

Then someone asked me if anubis is the best jungler lmfao!

ANUBIS JANGLE TOO STRONK!!! Click for better view
[/img]

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 8, 2013 12:25am | Report
ICEN to many people who just daily visit this forum and don't post anything see you as a rager who in game looks like he will just constanly **** talk to them which makes them dislike you.

i had that to before i started actually talking to people and getting to know them a bit including you.

as for loki. he build an early death bringer giving him a POSSIBLE super insta burst but that is the probleme with death bringer, you need 1 more crit item to actually be able to get consistant crit.

death bringer is a very expensive items so it takes a long time to finish it and still not getting great results. this is why its in most situations not a great plan to get it early.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 8, 2013 12:38am | Report
I don't think they dislike me LOL I took that as OH **** ITS ICEN = its not a nub

The only reason I say that is because the guy on the other team said that his team members said.

"Watch out for that Anubis" then "Uh oh its ICEN"

If they would have just said "Uh oh its ICEN" then I would take that as they meaning bad lango!

But they said "Watch out for that ANubis"

I was anubis..... so I took that as respect baby cakes!

And actually nobody in game dislikes me, maybe they hate it when they argue on the forum but in game nobody has ever hated me or said they don't like me, its actually the other way around :P Usually they ask to team up

and yes, I noticed death bringer isn't usefull unless you have the extra crit from items like rage.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 8, 2013 1:11am | Report
Yeah the breast plate really hurt Loki.

At lvl 20 you would have 60 defense (from just lvls) + 75 (from breast plate) + x (from the passive).

So lets say 135 to make it easy :P and Loki with 25 stacks on HS has 236 physical power.

236x100/(100+135-15)=107 mitigated damage (which is pretty laughable amounts of damage for a Loki).

So basically this Loki screwed himself when he didn't buy any penetration, the only target he would be able to get a easy kill on was Neith (and Neith with Sobek to help her and her back flip is just a bad target from the start, plus the fact that he got behind just made it gg for him) :P

If he had gone into either Titan's, Jotunn's or even Voidblade before Deathbringer the story could have been different :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 8, 2013 1:21am | Report

Yeah the breast plate really hurt Loki.

At lvl 20 you would have 60 defense (from just lvls) + 75 (from breast plate) + x (from the passive).

So lets say 135 to make it easy :P and Loki with 25 stacks on HS has 236 physical power.

236x100/(100+135-15)=107 mitigated damage (which is pretty laughable amounts of damage for a Loki).

So basically this Loki screwed himself when he didn't buy any penetration, the only target he would be able to get a easy kill on was Neith (and Neith with Sobek to help her and her back flip is just a bad target from the start, plus the fact that he got behind just made it gg for him) :P

If he had gone into either Titan's, Jotunn's or even Voidblade before Deathbringer the story could have been different :P
why did you do 236x100? and then you did 100+135-15?

I don't understand what the x100 is and what the 100+ is?

I understand 236 is lokis power, 135 would be anubis defense and the -15 is the pen that loki has which takes away from my armor.

Also because stats are interest me, does jotunn's wrath and other pen items give your SKILLS penetration as well.

I always wondered that, I figured it did but sometimes I wondered if titans bane was the only one that adds pen on skills instead of basic attacks. Or do they all just add pen to skills as well.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » September 8, 2013 2:27am | Report
So far I have only played with 2 ppl from smitefire.
1st time I was teamed up with icen in a 3v3
And the second was a conquest match tht went for 60 or so minutes against razemage "my team won ;)"

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 8, 2013 3:30am | Report
I don't know why everytime I see the raze in razemage my brain still tells me the name is ragemage

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 8, 2013 4:46am | Report
My reactions to both of those things :
-,-

I lost soloing with you :( :P FYI I was Agni and I rarely play Agni XD

The raze part is actually from my name by messing the words (Ezra) and the Mage from, well Mage (but I'm bad at Mage in SMITE)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 8, 2013 4:47am | Report
"Also because stats are interest me, does jotunn's wrath and other pen items give your SKILLS penetration as well."

Yes ICEN, penetration increases the damage done from your abilities as well, as it lowers your targets protection, which makes them more vulnerable to all physical damage.

"why did you do 236x100? and then you did 100+135-15? I don't understand what the x100 is and what the 100+ is?"

The amount divided by 100 is not something you don't have to do. Instead, you could just go with adding a percentage sign to the bigger number as 120 divided by 100 is the same as 120%.

Here is a formula that I found to be very easy to use (posted by Aidiakapi):

originalDamage / ((enemyProtection - myPenetration) / 100 + 1) = actualDamage

Save this in a text document on your computer in case you'd want to calculate some damage out another day. :p

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 8, 2013 4:55am | Report
ICEN wrote:

why did you do 236x100? and then you did 100+135-15?

I don't understand what the x100 is and what the 100+ is?

I understand 236 is lokis power, 135 would be anubis defense and the -15 is the pen that loki has which takes away from my armor.

Also because stats are interest me, does jotunn's wrath and other pen items give your SKILLS penetration as well.

I always wondered that, I figured it did but sometimes I wondered if titans bane was the only one that adds pen on skills instead of basic attacks. Or do they all just add pen to skills as well.

I'm not 100% sure of why you put the x100 and /100 (someone with a bit of math knowledge would be able to explain it), but it has to do with some percentage stuff I think xD

All pen works with abilities, except The Executioner (though it works as long as the stacks are on the target, so if you play Anhur and hit someone 3 times with executioner then use Impale it will do more damage).

Penetration is more important for gods that do damage with abilities. Thor and Tyr are great examples on that :)

On gods like Apollo crit chance/damage is more important than penetration. Just remember that you can't crit towers so penetration makes you hit a lot harder vs towers than crit would.

Personally I go full pen on all my gods (junglers that is atm). Just because I want to **** everyone up, not just the carries :P

EDIT:

As you can see Piederman knows this **** :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }