Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Holiday Chests Released

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Holiday Chests Released 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 25, 2014 8:12am | Report
Yeah.. And this Chronos skin.. I don't know if it has custom ability effects, but I just don't like it. I don't know, maybe it is nostalgic to someone, but I don't like the look of it. I played old games, and still play some of them, but I don't like the skin.. Maybe it is just me...

/rant over

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 25, 2014 2:55pm | Report
It's not nostalgic, it's lazy. They literally made a 20 minute mock-up model, did some ****ty recordings for his lines, and called it a skin. I don't care if it's supposed to be "retro", it looks like ****.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 25, 2014 3:10pm | Report
It does feel lazy. They've succeeded in making a nostalgic skin for the old generation of gamers with Pixel Buster and it felt like a great, worth the money, skin (except the ****py vp maybe), but this one is just plain bad. My opinion ofc, I've seen people in game enjoying it.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 25, 2014 3:31pm | Report
Romanians wrote:

It does feel lazy. They've succeeded in making a nostalgic skin for the old generation of gamers with Pixel Buster and it felt like a great, worth the money, skin (except the ****py vp maybe), but this one is just plain bad. My opinion ofc, I've seen people in game enjoying it.

At the expense of sounding hostile and opinionated (which I totally am, so I guess it doesn't matter), the majority of the Smite community seems to have absolutely no taste whatsoever (though that can also be applied to just about any genre of game). Usually the more popular something cosmetic is, the worse it is.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 25, 2014 5:17pm | Report
Yeah, I mean granted, I grew up with the older systems, such as the NES, SNES (both a bit before my time, as they both belonged to my Dad), and the N64 (first console I ever received to call my own), and I love all three systems, but that skin is very underwhelming. Chronos has legit received little to no love from HiRez in forever, and while I can respect the idea behind it, I'm just not a fan of it. I'd rather something more bad *** for Chronos before getting something like this.

Like Reverend said, it's not nostalgic. There's nothing about him that makes me feel nostalgia, and as a person who's been gaming since the NES and SNES, it's not hard for me to feel nostalgia about the shiz I grew up playing. All it is is taking the old graphics that look pretty bad nowadays. I mean hell, those graphics are pretty bad by the N64's standards.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 25, 2014 6:21pm | Report
In summary, HiRez is both greedy and cheap. Hooray.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 26, 2014 6:16am | Report
Aeadar wrote:

In summary, HiRez is both greedy and cheap. Hooray.

Really? Then why is the game free to play, and the only thing you need to buy to be just as successful as everyone else is a one time purchase that lasts forever?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 26, 2014 7:31am | Report
Jingle hel, father chrishmash, and wreck the halls are available for direct buy now.

Compared to mostly all other moba's Smite is one of the least expensive. I thought you would know that of all people Aedar.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 26, 2014 8:21am | Report
well he did say they were cheap :D... get it?... cheap :D

(you know you laughed)
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 26, 2014 8:34am | Report
Baffles me o.o

Yes all4 that did make me laugh haha

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }