Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Highest skill cap gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Highest skill cap gods 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Funkeii » November 24, 2013 8:31am | Report
Which gods do you think have the highest skill cap in the game?

Funkeii

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » November 24, 2013 9:25am | Report
While I have not play many newer gods imo Ra Anhur have the highest skillcap in the game,due to there heavy reliance on thin line skillshots among other things.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 24, 2013 9:55am | Report
Agni because there are so many ways of attacking and things you can do since all of his skills work of each other. Agni is probably the #1 god in the game if you master him or at least one of the best gods you can master. If you seriously play Agni like a try hard you will even wonder if its fair to face other gods. You have a dash that has cc immunity but you have to time it right because of how fast his dash is. Also his dash allows him to engage gods quickly to the point where they can't react once you stun them with fumes. MANY people do not know this but flame wave does damage to enemy gods when you touch fumes with it. Many people think it just stuns them but I think it actually does flame wave damage. Anyways you can drop meteors and stun from a distance and waste no mana. Agni can do it all and has no weakness other than cc which all gods are weak to. NOTE: Agni's skill potential is lower when you waste your ults so make sure you have them stacked up.

Anhur because a good Anhur has to set up angles, mastering Anhur means you have to be able to do the pillar combo with some ease. You have to not miss any spears during your ult, have to know when to do certain things, like not impale people away or impale enemies into your team even if you can't impale them to a wall. Looking for objects like thors wall, odins wall ect to stun off of. I would just say he has a somewhat high skill cap because he can do quite a few things and tricks.

Hercules because the difference is this. When someone who doesn't learn to master him plays him they usually have full tank items and get **** on. People who usually learn to play hercules can play with no tank items and still never die so thats the big difference :D. A better hercules would know of the 1 + 2 combo. Most people only do the 1 + 2 combo but you can also do the 2 + 1 combo if you realize that after you stun you just walk back then 2 them into a ymir freeze ect. Also knowing when to use minigate wounds. Some people may think everyone knows how to play hercules but from what I see most hercules that do not have at least 5 god ranks on him usually suck bad. Landing his 2 all the time is another key element

Ne Zha - I'm not sure if this little boy has a high skill cap but I say he kind of does because using your rings properly seems to be a problem with some people that use Ne Zha. A good ne zha does not use rings on a full minion wave but instead waits for at least 3 minions to be left. Better Ne Zhas look for vulcan turrets, ect to bounce off of. Knowing when to risk your yolo life by using your stun even when you have no ult. There are many times I just stun then run so my team can combo from it. Following up with rings after a landed ult seems hard for some people and Ne Zha dies very fast.

Odin - His ult compared to others has a higher ult skill cap, I won't go as far as to say he is overall a higher skill cap god but his ult def is. His ult is becoming like ares, easy to get out of if not used right, but unlike ares you have to not trap your team, chase down people in your ult.

Ra I think has a slight higher skill cap than other gods. Some people are probably thinking wtf ra? But when do you see a 12-0 Ra? Sure Ra can push waves and heal up but using Ra to his max potential I think is above other gods I have played. Sure a noob can play Ra but do you ever see a noob Ra rushing in to slow 5 people then get back out with his passive? Not really. Ra's 1 beam does take some skill at a long range, his ult take some skill to land.
IMO hes easy to pick up but can also have a higher skill cap then people think for the reason you can use your kit at its best. Running in to slow then running back, running in to slow then beam then ult. Things like that most people who pick Ra up don't do

Again I think neith is one of those gods where you can pick up and use easy but she also has a somewhat high skill cap because knowing when to use your ult across the map is vital. Don't you just love it when you see your friendly neith help you from across the map to secure a kill that is running from you? Noob neiths don't have the map awareness. Also I will say someone who masters a neith is going to be rooting people like crazy and be impossible to kill if they are good. The difference is noob neiths don't think like better brained neith.

Athena seems like she has a sort of high skill cap compared to other tanks. You should know because playing against people who master Athena want to make you cry. Also because Athenas ult requires your team to have a brain along with the person using athenas ult. ALso timing of athenas skills seem hard for people who don't play athena or master her. I see a ton of players who taunt players but have trouble getting them to get inside of her 3.

Someone else can chime in, of course all gods have something that takes skill well most of them, but its kind of hard to name them all unless you master them all or have an idea what a mastered god does compared to another. I can't speak on all the gods sense I don't consider myself good with all gods and some I barely play. I'm just going off of what seems to be the case

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 24, 2013 8:47pm | Report
Freya! Cuase pressing 2 then 1 is hard mmmkay.

JK. I'd have to agree with Levask on this. And I'd also throw in Chronos.. I know.. I know. "But Chronos can secure kills easy!". I also feel he has a pretty high max potential if played well.

Edit: Couple other MELEE special mentions I would like to add are Ymir, Hercules, and Sun wukong.

Ymir - is easy to pickup and play, but a enemy Ymir played well is Horrifying! and makes me hate him so bad.

Herc - pretty much for reasons ICEN mentioned. I was gonna mention the 1-2 combo aswell :D. I do it a lot for catching running enemies that are outta my reach of 2 normally. The feel you get when someones yards away and you instantly 1 then land your 2 perfectly back into the grasp of your team is priceless. Also, landing 2 on a enemy chasing one of your carries that are about to die, and saving him. Not you mention perfectly timing and throwing your ult so it hits 2-3 times. So satisfying, and why I love Herc.

Sun wukong - This guy has so much combo potential, most of the people that play him regularly don't even know. I know he's FOTM ATM. But his natural strength doesn't lesson his high potential.

@ ICEN. I see 12-0 Ra's a lot. But it's usually in assault XD. Ra the assault god!.. literally..

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Funkeii » December 7, 2013 6:05pm | Report
just found this

Poll results: Which god(s) have the highest skill cap?

Funkeii

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 7, 2013 6:30pm | Report
I don't really know if a lot of the things mentioned really count for "skill cap", or just basic things you should know about the god in order to actually play it.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » December 7, 2013 6:35pm | Report
I'd say Hel, kind of just because that is one of the gods I have the hardest time playing as :P

Been working on getting some masteries the last two days and Hel and Sun Wukong has been the only two I've felt that I've been doing something wrong while playing as :P

Ofc it's just because I don't normally play those gods, but it just took me more time to get my head around them compared to the other gods I farmed (like Thanatos, Zeus, Chang'e, He Bo, Bastet etc).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » December 7, 2013 6:39pm | Report
Yeah, Hel because I'm not biased by any means! ^_^

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » December 7, 2013 9:08pm | Report
I'd have to say that Ares (just looking at that link posted) is misplaced in category. With Ares if you don't hit Shackles you're basically just nothing but a meat shield and beads burner. There are a few Gods who can be played and make your jaw drop at how good they are played (Herc, Hel, to name a couple) and then there is such a drop skill wise you just want to f6 and pray it goes through (with said Gods).

I, myself, don't play many Gods. I've got a rank 10 Thor, 4 Xbalan, 4 Bacchus, 4 Ymir, 4 Kali. I tend to stick to those because I really do hate playing badly. Not that I "try hard", I just hate wasting 5 peoples' time.

Kriwych

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }