Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Good god so many gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Good god so many gods 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlackDragon1032 » March 4, 2016 12:43am | Report
Hi all !

I just started playing 2 days ago and I was wondering the following thing, are certain gods better for a certain game type ? For example, Joust or Arena ?

At the moment I play mostly as Ymir because I tested the other gods but I really didn't feel the vibe with them. I want from every class at least 1 god to be flexible when I play with friends and in general. The gods that I'm interested at the moment are : Medusa, Bellona, Kukulkan, Thanatos, Fenrir and Geb.

Back to topic, so are certain gods better qualified for certain gametypes?

Thanks for reading !
Semper Fidelis

BlackDragon1032

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 4, 2016 6:22am | Report
you can use any god in any game type. Several gods will do better in a certain game type then in another game type. This mostly depends on class. you can still use all of them in any game type and be successful.

I would recommend to pick up 2 gods a role (otherwise you can play a god dead and won't like playing it anymore. Or someone else choose your god for another lane)

Also back on topic. Depending on the focus of the game mode several classes (and sometimes individual gods). A good example are most assassins and this is really noticeable in assault. Most assassins are made to pick someone off and not for teamfighting. In assault (also a bit in joust but there they have a different role normally) they don't get the space for it like they get in arena or conquest.

Same counts for several ability's like Ymir's Ice Wall. It's a good ability if you use it in the jungle (so a map with jungles like joust and conquest make ymir better) then if you use it in lane or an open space.

There are also gods that are considered useless as other gods are better at what they can do so you won't see them much.

Also the amount of gods isn't that much IMO it's enough that it takes a while to learn them all.

Even the youngest MOBA HotS already has 49 playable characters
Smite has 73 characters
Dota 2 has 112 characters
LoL has 129 characters

most of them (except for dota) releases at least 5-6 new characters a year. Smite almost makes a new 1 a month I believe.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » March 4, 2016 10:56am | Report
Few gods in Smite are good in certain game modes. But Hi - Rez mostly balanced every God to be decent in every game mode, but there a few that lies in unbalanced category. The two examples Loki and Bakasura. They are strong certain game modes like Joust and Siege but lacking in others like Conquest and Arena due to their squishiness. The current gods that you are interested are mostly balance. Thanatos being extremely powerful on maps with a lot of jungle. Like Conquest, and Siege but lack others like Arena and Clash. Medusa is really good especially her Ult giving her the advantage in fights. She is balanced being good in every game mode so be a good god to play. For Bellona is also goo in every game mode I know this because she is my main she is very deadly to fight against if you fighting a person that knows how to play her. So she is a fun god to play. Kukulkan now his current meta is kind of squishy making him easy to kill in current conditions. But just like the other gods he is good in every game mode making him slightly balanced with every one. Fenrir is a very fun God to play as being able to go into a fight single out gods and escape with ease. Some game modes he is kinda weak in certain one like ***ualt and Joust the most. Geb is great in everything being one of the greatest guardians in the game and being very great in almost every situation. He is a great God to get introduced into the guardian class. It all determines their kit and play style is to fit their selfs into the game. So that's what think about that meta.

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 4, 2016 1:09pm | Report
I'll suggest types of mages & adcs for ya.

Burst Mages - Ra, Anubis, Ah Puch, Zeus, Vulcan, Kukulkan, He Bo, Raijin, Nu Wa, Isis, & Nox (Overtime burst/Nox)

Healing Mages - Aphrodite, Chang'e, Hel, Ra & Isis (Ult)

Utility Mages - Ra, Janus, Poseidon, Scylla, Raijin, Hel, Hades, & Isis

Adc Mages - Sol, Freya, Chronos, Nu Wa, & possibly Poseidon in some situations

Bruiser Mages - Raijin, Hel, Zhong Kui, & Hades

---

Steroid Adcs - Rama, Xbalanque, Artemis, Apollo, & Medusa (Medusa's steroid is strong power-wise)

Power Adcs - Ah Muzen Cab, Hou Yi, Xbalanque, & Medusa

Utility Adcs - Chiron, Neith, Apollo, & Xbalanque

---

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlackDragon1032 » March 5, 2016 12:14am | Report
overld1 wrote:

Few gods in Smite are good in certain game modes. But Hi - Rez mostly balanced every God to be decent in every game mode, but there a few that lies in unbalanced category. The two examples Loki and Bakasura. They are strong certain game modes like Joust and Siege but lacking in others like Conquest and Arena due to their squishiness. The current gods that you are interested are mostly balance. Thanatos being extremely powerful on maps with a lot of jungle. Like Conquest, and Siege but lack others like Arena and Clash. Medusa is really good especially her Ult giving her the advantage in fights. She is balanced being good in every game mode so be a good god to play. For Bellona is also goo in every game mode I know this because she is my main she is very deadly to fight against if you fighting a person that knows how to play her. So she is a fun god to play. Kukulkan now his current meta is kind of squishy making him easy to kill in current conditions. But just like the other gods he is good in every game mode making him slightly balanced with every one. Fenrir is a very fun God to play as being able to go into a fight single out gods and escape with ease. Some game modes he is kinda weak in certain one like ***ualt and Joust the most. Geb is great in everything being one of the greatest guardians in the game and being very great in almost every situation. He is a great God to get introduced into the guardian class. It all determines their kit and play style is to fit their selfs into the game. So that's what think about that meta.

Thank you all for the advice !
I bought Medusa yesterday a friend of me had her and gave me his build for her and I like her a lot ^^. In terms of guardians I'm sticking to Ymir for a bit longer and save up for Bellona or a mage/assasin.
Semper Fidelis

BlackDragon1032

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 5, 2016 4:02am | Report
for mages and assassins I would really like to recommend the 2 you already own Ra and Thor (especially assassin wise) except for Guan Yu all of these are great starters for the main 5 conquest roles.

Also overld1 Is your enter key broken? It was a bit of a pain to read that paragraph.

Zelvios:
The lists are lacking a bit on gods:

1. Why is Nu Wa under adc mages. If we had old wa I would understand but New wa is far from the others.
2. Why isn't Ra under the Healing mages while he has a more spammable heal then Eset
3. I don't get your utility part fully as Scylla should also be under burst. Only bit of utility she gives is the magic protection reduction on Crush. and If you are saying soemthing about root then
4. Hades not under bruiser mages?

the adc lists is even a bit worse. Mages like assassins fall under Power or steriod (the utility is something that overlaps)

1. amc could be placed under steriod too as his hives could be considered a steriod
2. I don't consider Xbalanque as much as a steriod hunter as normally a steriod is an AS buff.
3. I won't consider Medusa (and Apollo) as utility compared to the others.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 5, 2016 7:53am | Report
Devampi wrote:

for mages and assassins I would really like to recommend the 2 you already own Ra and Thor (especially assassin wise) except for Guan Yu all of these are great starters for the main 5 conquest roles.

Also overld1 Is your enter key broken? It was a bit of a pain to read that paragraph.

Zelvios:
The lists are lacking a bit on gods:

1. Why is Nu Wa under adc mages. If we had old wa I would understand but New wa is far from the others.
2. Why isn't Ra under the Healing mages while he has a more spammable heal then Eset
3. I don't get your utility part fully as Scylla should also be under burst. Only bit of utility she gives is the magic protection reduction on Crush. and If you are saying soemthing about root then
4. Hades not under bruiser mages?

the adc lists is even a bit worse. Mages like assassins fall under Power or steriod (the utility is something that overlaps)

1. amc could be placed under steriod too as his hives could be considered a steriod
2. I don't consider Xbalanque as much as a steriod hunter as normally a steriod is an AS buff.
3. I won't consider Medusa (and Apollo) as utility compared to the others.

I main adc. I think it's perfectly fine tbh. Xbalanque always uses his 1/steriod late game + his passive. He's usually built into transcendence & he's more of a power-steriod god rather then atk speed based (Rama, Apollo)

Apollo has the 2nd or 3rd most utility out of all the hunters. His 2nd ability lets him gain control of certain situations, good for escaping, stops split pushing, saves allies, etc. Apollo's 3rd ability is also a knockup; it benefits him while he's split pushing. He can easily take out a whole lane late game within seconds & use his 2 + 3 to escape. (If anything, he can ult away)

Apollo's passive benefits the team (Fast split pushing)
Apollo's 2nd ability benefits the team (Saving allies, taking control, escaping, etc)
Apollo's 3rd ability benefits the team (Knockup, escaping, movement speed, etc)
Possibly Apollo's ult can be useful for objective stealing & backdooring. Pretty useful tbh

Apollo has lots of utility.

Medusa is situational. Her ult gives her the utility to secure kills & save allies while they're being chased as well as stunning enemies with her dash & bursting them down with her assassin kit. I'd say she has some utility to her.

Now, let's talk about the mages

1). Nu Wa - She's better-built burst mage although I'd like to go atk speed Nu Wa for fun. I've outboxed a Medusa before with it. Her passive still makes her viable as a mage adc, yet Old Wa was just broken as hell with split pushing. (Which Nu Wa does fine)

Just put her on adc mages for fun

2). I forgot to add Ra to healers. My mistake cx

3). Her 3rd ability can be used as a quick escape as well as a ward. Her snare can also hit a minion & still stun enemies nearby to protect allies. Scylla's kit isn't actually burst since she can control when to detonate some of her abilities. I define burst damage such as Poseidon's kit, Hebo's kit, Nu Wa'ss minions/exploding, etc.

4). Forgot Hades became a Mage.

I'd say the only mistake in my list was Medusa although she does have many functions. (Crowd control, steroids, escape, slow, stun/root, wave clear, etc.

I just put Nu Wa as a mage adc because she's more fun to play that way. This wasn't any competitive or ranked list of gods. More towards the fun side :P

If he needed ranked help I would've just told him to go play Ratatoskr & scratch his nuts. (Get it? I know I'm not funny ;l;)

Now that we've gotten my lame joke out of the way.. Oh, that's everything. Well.. I'll see y'all later.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by overld1 » March 5, 2016 2:53pm | Report
Sorry Devampi I was commenting on my phone and I totally forgot about the enter key sorry for the giant paragraph

overld1

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 6, 2016 9:27am | Report
I think it's more a problem of what people see as utility (also apollo's 3 isn't a knock up but knockback)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 6, 2016 4:46pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

I think it's more a problem of what people see as utility (also apollo's 3 isn't a knock up but knockback)

Knock up, knock back, same thing. In the end, you'll still be pulled to Awilix & die by Suku's wrath. I don't categorize what type of knockback it is because it's pointless unless the knockback is significant enough to knock them back into something. Even Hebo's knockup knocks you a tad back from your previous position.

Zelvios

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }