Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Give players a surrender rating...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Give players a surrender rating... 35 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 28, 2014 1:49am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Win percentage is an excellent parameter to analyse the quality of a player. Above 50% win ratio is wat u must look at and try to achieve "a win every 2nd game". If u have a win ratio around 45-50% it doesn't reflect much on ur quality, u can still be very good. Below 40% definitely tells a lot about ur quality skill level and temperament. (Those who fall in below 40% category ofcourse wont agree to this)

W/L ratio has absolutely nothing to do with how good you are, neither a very low one or very high one.

You could be the best support player in the world, but you lose every match since your carries and mids always suck. This apparently makes you a bad player.

But if you pick a pubstomp jungle every match and prey on the enemy's lack of coordination (which has nothing to do with your teamwork), then you're good? Not really.

There is no arbitrary "how good you are" stat. Except maybe k/d/a ratio, since at least you can tell if someone isn't feeding constantly.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 28, 2014 1:50am | Report
NoMoreHope wrote:

Just because you have a high win ratio does not mean your the greatest! It means you got lucky in que and got some good team players.

It has nothing to do with my stats, i hav a 12% win ratio in 1v1 joust, all when i started playing and doesn't even knew u need to buy physical protection not magical while playing against a physical player. Stumble and learn was my upbringing in smite.

Coming to win ratio, i have played more than two thousand arena games and 400 conquest games..wat happens is tat after a certain number of games ur win percentage wont change much it can atmost go 1 digit up or down. So u need to consider win ratio only after u have played considerable number of games like 100 or 200. I know of this player "aero", he is an awesome player and a few others might know him. U check his stats too i guess his win ratio is around 54% or smthing. U wont be lucky in Queue that often to always get a good set of players for more than 500 games!
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 28, 2014 8:52pm | Report
The 'lucky' queues is the most depressing part of league for me -_-. When I first started this season, late, I chose mid instead of support so I could make a difference. Quickly rocketed up in rank with 6-7 wins in a row. Then I suddenly started getting players who died twice in the first 10 minute and spent the whole game crying that we need to surrender...twice they actually threw the game by feeding to get it over with.

Its really gone down hill from there. I just don't even know what to do with teams like this. Literally its like a 3 on 5 game. I think at this point, due to about 4 surrenders in a row (surrenders in games that were far from lost), I now need about 3 wins in a row just to start gaining points again.

Granted...my surrender stat idea wouldnt' solve this but the thing to consider is if match making also took surrender rating into account. That way people who liked to play till the end get matched with other players who like to play to the end. THose who wanna give up after 10 minutes get matched with people who agree. In this sense, you would reduce conflict. Again, I think its very rare indeed that someone would random queue, alt-tab, look up your stats, and then shout at you in game about it. It doesn't happen.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 28, 2014 9:45pm | Report
Ryvvik wrote:

The 'lucky' queues is the most depressing part of league for me -_-. When I first started this season, late, I chose mid instead of support so I could make a difference. Quickly rocketed up in rank with 6-7 wins in a row. Then I suddenly started getting players who died twice in the first 10 minute and spent the whole game crying that we need to surrender...twice they actually threw the game by feeding to get it over with.

Its really gone down hill from there. I just don't even know what to do with teams like this. Literally its like a 3 on 5 game. I think at this point, due to about 4 surrenders in a row (surrenders in games that were far from lost), I now need about 3 wins in a row just to start gaining points again.

Granted...my surrender stat idea wouldnt' solve this but the thing to consider is if match making also took surrender rating into account. That way people who liked to play till the end get matched with other players who like to play to the end. THose who wanna give up after 10 minutes get matched with people who agree. In this sense, you would reduce conflict. Again, I think its very rare indeed that someone would random queue, alt-tab, look up your stats, and then shout at you in game about it. It doesn't happen.

Can feel the sentiment. Don't know why surrender vote is not a significant issue for people out here. Also, one thing can be done is: allow surrender vote for the first 10 minutes of the game only. It wont be allowed after 10 min unless 1 or more teammate is AFK or disconnected.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 29, 2014 6:37am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Can feel the sentiment. Don't know why surrender vote is not a significant issue for people out here. Also, one thing can be done is: allow surrender vote for the first 10 minutes of the game only. It wont be allowed after 10 min unless 1 or more teammate is AFK or disconnected.

My goal isn't to remove surrender. Merely to be matched with people who are less likely to quit just because the game is a challenge.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }