Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Give players a surrender rating...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Give players a surrender rating... 35 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 27, 2014 4:41am | Report
arka222 wrote:

At the end of the day "as per the law of averages", there r always going to be good and bad performances in a game. The spirit of the game is to play and try to defeat the opponent until its game over, if so happens tat ur team does so badly tat u all 5 or majority think u not gonna win then whole team should take responsibility not 1 or 2 players. In totality, surrender points would encourage team responsibilities and spirit of the game.

I don't quite think you understand how badly this could be abused and also how bad most level 30 solo queue players are.

I feel like this might be relevant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_Effect

There really are people out there who are incredibly bad, but simply don't realize it. There are many situations where you have absolutely no hope of winning, period. Some matches are not meant to be won, that's why surrender is an option.

I'm positive the "spirit of the game" has nothing to do with people yelling at each other in chat or going AFK in fountain because their teammates won't press the damn F6 key, because they worry about yet another pointless stat.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 27, 2014 4:03pm | Report
My idea doesn't remove the surrender option. Nor does it demonize it. Its still there, it still works just the same. It just a stat rating and it means if you choose to surrender that information gets logged for people to see (if they go looking for it).

In addition, if you are one of them annoying people who continually hits F6 while your team keeps F7ing, you'll get draggin your rating up.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 27, 2014 5:42pm | Report
Ryvvik wrote:

My idea doesn't remove the surrender option. Nor does it demonize it. Its still there, it still works just the same. It just a stat rating and it means if you choose to surrender that information gets logged for people to see (if they go looking for it).

In addition, if you are one of them annoying people who continually hits F6 while your team keeps F7ing, you'll get draggin your rating up.

And more people will be trying to keep their surrender rating down, because it's a stat. Potentially ruining the game for many people and creating even more toxicity.

I don't understand how you don't see that this does obviously demonize people.

I want to make this clear: there is nothing wrong with surrendering. It has no reason to be logged. The only reason to log it is so people can be all "n00b u surender to much u suck".

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 27, 2014 5:52pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

And more people will be trying to keep their surrender rating down, because it's a stat. Potentially ruining the game for many people and creating even more toxicity.

I don't understand how you don't see that this does obviously demonize people.

I want to make this clear: there is nothing wrong with surrendering. It has no reason to be logged. The only reason to log it is so people can be all "n00b u surender to much u suck".

I don't see how it would be any more toxic than people avoiding deaths and calling people noobs for their kill/death ratio. Im not 'awesome', yet ive never been harassed for my K/D ratio in game. Again, the stat isn't displayed in game.

But I get your point. We'll just agree to disagree.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 27, 2014 8:22pm | Report
Ryvvik wrote:

I don't see how it would be any more toxic than people avoiding deaths and calling people noobs for their kill/death ratio. Im not 'awesome', yet ive never been harassed for my K/D ratio in game. Again, the stat isn't displayed in game.

But I get your point. We'll just agree to disagree.

Simply because if someone casts a surrender vote, with this new stat in place, it automatically makes everyone that cares about this stat hate them. You'll have all sorts of people, "I've never surrendered ever in a game!" and they'll be proud of that because there's a stat for it. When all they've really done is probably prolonged the agonizing boredom/suffering of being farmed for worshipers/k/d whoring that most people would try to surrender out of.

Basically, it creates something else for people on a team to be divided over, and trust me, they already have enough.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 27, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Ghraf wrote:

Simply because if someone casts a surrender vote, with this new stat in place, it automatically makes everyone that cares about this stat hate them. You'll have all sorts of people, "I've never surrendered ever in a game!" and they'll be proud of that because there's a stat for it. When all they've really done is probably prolonged the agonizing boredom/suffering of being farmed for worshipers/k/d whoring that most people would try to surrender out of.

Basically, it creates something else for people on a team to be divided over, and trust me, they already have enough.

But his quality as a player will be exposed in the win percentage he had.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 28, 2014 12:48am | Report
arka222 wrote:

But his quality as a player will be exposed in the win percentage he had.

I don't know what to tell you if you really think win percentage has anything to do with how good someone is.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 28, 2014 12:55am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

I don't know what to tell you if you really think win percentage has anything to do with how good someone is.

Win percentage is an excellent parameter to analyse the quality of a player. Above 50% win ratio is wat u must look at and try to achieve "a win every 2nd game". If u have a win ratio around 45-50% it doesn't reflect much on ur quality, u can still be very good. Below 40% definitely tells a lot about ur quality skill level and temperament. (Those who fall in below 40% category ofcourse wont agree to this)
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NoMoreHope » January 28, 2014 1:34am | Report
Ghraf wrote:

True **** right here
I'm a fool don't believe anything I have to say!

NoMoreHope

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NoMoreHope » January 28, 2014 1:37am | Report
arka222 wrote:

Win percentage is an excellent parameter to analyse the quality of a player. Above 50% win ratio is wat u must look at and try to achieve "a win every 2nd game". If u have a win ratio around 45-50% it doesn't reflect much on ur quality, u can still be very good. Below 40% definitely tells a lot about ur quality skill level and temperament. (Those who fall in below 40% category ofcourse wont agree to this)

Just because you have a high win ratio does not mean your the greatest! It means you got lucky in que and got some good team players.
I'm a fool don't believe anything I have to say!

NoMoreHope

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }