Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Feeding Report System and How Can I stop Feeding.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Feeding Report System and How Can I stop Feeding. 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Cbee » April 25, 2013 3:58am | Report
Feeding report system sucks. I have been playing for one day and had got to level 9 and bought Ares because I watched some of his game play. I have played LoL a few times and I sucked at this. My friend who plays LoL convinced me to play this, even though I keep dying a lot in a game I like Smite. I had just bought Ares and tried him for my first time, I was playing arena. I heard some people saying some technical stuff like 'go AoE ult' and stuff like that. When we entered the game, assuming what a Tank was from my knowledge my job was to go front line and take all the damage. I did that and died about 4 times in about 5 minutes. This guy in chat said "Ares you suck a lot, you are stupid noob." Then he said "Everyone! Report Ares for feeding." I did not know what feeding was he told he I am a stupid 5 year old idiot for not knowing what feeding is, I left the match half way through the game since in shame. I looked feeding up, understood it. I think the system is unfair on new players.

Now, how should I stop feeding?

Cbee

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ToxicChimera » April 25, 2013 4:50am | Report
In LoL the term feeding is used there as well but at least now you know.

If you feel the need to get a bit of a better understanding for things though then you are able to do customs against bots where you can play as any god even if you don't own them. Take the time to check out every god and their kit as well as experimenting with items.
As for the whole tanking every last bit of damage. no. Especially in the arena no, cause that's 5 gods and their minions doing tons of damage to your face at early lvls. Tanks need to get up a bit on lvl and up on them by 1-2 items before becoming a damage sponge. You don't go balls deep until your ahead of them and are capable of going for a walk in the park between all of them then going "Oh hey you're all near me" -ults-

Other times like Conquest though, keep in mind minions HURT @.@ if the enemy has more minions than you then do not start a fight between the minions, they will have the upper hand unless your way ahead and able to soak it up. All early game you want to be annoying to them and make them want to focus you later in the game. A majority of the time its a mind game especially against those who can escape your ult. Ares has another ability with a chain which is what you could use to trick the enemy into wasting their bead active, which removes all CC. Afterwords wait like 2-3 seconds and ult them into oblivion. The reason i say to wait is because for a few seconds they are immune to CC after using that active.

If your under then the best thing to do is not start any fight, keep things under turret and farm. People may think that farming a minion for that 1 extra gold is worthless but they are wrong. I was a 1/0/1 He Bo and because I was farming like a mad man without jungle farm, I was keeping up in gold right next to an enemy who was a 6/0/1 Freya. That bonus gold stacks up faster than most people think.

Hope you will enjoying tanking as much as I do. Smite has got me forgetting league is still around xD

ToxicChimera

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » April 25, 2013 6:09am | Report
I think that you should try out a damage or mage character. As with any character, the first thing you have to learn is to be careful. By playing characters such as wukong, kali or ra, you get to learn your limits, increase your map awareness and be more careful early game. however, if you get frustrated and die late game, then you can start to move toward tanks, as you have developed some skills in surviving. Or you could just learn the method above, which is viable in my opinion.
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 25, 2013 6:19am | Report
Ask your friend to play against you in joust, that will really help :D

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ToxicChimera » April 25, 2013 6:58am | Report
I agree with Raze xD thats my brutal method of training. Funny enough it works and now my friends are on par with me in the games I play :3

ToxicChimera

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 25, 2013 7:05am | Report
Add me in game, and I'll joust you then point out each time you make a mistake so you can learn. :)

It all really depends on your God knowledge too. Once you know all the gods and what they do, you'll know how to avoid and counter them.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 25, 2013 11:57pm | Report
The number one rule for any MOBA is do what will get you the most gold. For most cases, this will be just farming in lane. If you simply just passively farm in lane, you won't die.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » April 26, 2013 12:39am | Report
another thing to watch for doing is over committing yourself

loopyman

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }