Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Divas and demons for xbox?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Divas and demons for xbox? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeanOMiite » January 6, 2016 8:46am | Report
Any idea when this is dropping?

DeanOMiite

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 9:00am | Report
After SWC
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeanOMiite » January 6, 2016 2:44pm | Report

After SWC

Are you guessing or do you know? If you have a source I'd love to see. I kinda figured it would be after SWC, so hopefully that means next Tuesday. This puts XBox I think 6 weeks behind PC, so I hope we'll see patch 2.20 sooner than later, too.

DeanOMiite

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 3:11pm | Report
Every Hi-Rez patch is on a Tuesday. There's a pantern. If the last update (2.20) for the PC was 5 weeks ago, that means next Tuesday NEEDS to have the patch.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » January 6, 2016 3:15pm | Report
I feel like its been longer than a month. Why the wait for Xbox is just annoying to me

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » January 6, 2016 3:20pm | Report
Hi-Rez can't have all the platforms on the same patch for some reason. They say it's better for LANs / SWC, so all teams are familiar with the same patch.

(I'm pretty sure that's what the HR staff said.)

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DeanOMiite » January 6, 2016 4:49pm | Report

Hi-Rez can't have all the platforms on the same patch for some reason. They say it's better for LANs / SWC, so all teams are familiar with the same patch.

(I'm pretty sure that's what the HR staff said.)

Well...having PC and XBox One on a different patch schedule completely flies in the face of that, no? I can see why they wouldn't want to release a patch right before the SWC, you don't want a huge Ravana buff (as an example) coming out right before the game/company's biggest week of the year. So that makes sense. Why they can't be on the same schedule though is a mystery to me. I'm not saying "this is stupid, there's no reason for it!" In fact I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason...I just don't know what it is or could be.

DeanOMiite

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 7, 2016 1:57am | Report
there are more games that put consoles behind. probably has somethign to do with the port a bit to.

Also xbox isn't really x weeks behind more x amount of patches. would a patch be delayed on pc, they will probably delay xbox too but they don't need to (and I believe it was a month behind last time I looked at it)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » January 7, 2016 2:19am | Report
It's primarily because microsoft has to approve patches before they're dropped, but also because HiRez can more easily take care of issues with the patch on the PC client than on XBox where everything kind of needs to work off the bat since patching is so much harder to get through microsoft.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }