Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Current State of the Jungle

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Current State of the Jungle 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 12, 2016 12:18am | Report

Thoughts? I agreed with most of his points aside from his fixes, learned a lot about what changed since S2.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » April 12, 2016 2:12am | Report
The Jungle in S3 has practically lost most of it's xp and farm forcing the jungler into just staying in mid lane which for me ruined the jungle role as you have to keep constantly baby-sitting the lane. Back in S2 it was very common for the jungler to stay somewhat in the jungle only sticking in lane for ganks and for the first like 5 minutes...I really wish they'd add maybe more xp and gold for us junglers to earn and have more freedom.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 12, 2016 2:32am | Report
I've been shying away from playing Jung this season just because I hate babysitting lanes and that's all junglers are seeming to do. It's not that I can't do it, it's just boring.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » April 12, 2016 4:46am | Report
Agreed, it sucks in ranked aswell if you're playing mid lane and they get a Odin jungle.

I remember playing Chronos mid and was just being camped by this Odin and Agni and it was just a pain to deal with both of them.
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 13, 2016 4:16am | Report
His suggestion of looking at LoL is a good think but also a bad thing as even in Lol the jungle has flaws. Start S6 jungles got forced to gank more cause otherwise they would get behind in exp or gold (One of those got nerfed don't know exactly which one of the too).

However I never got the jungle camping mid lane thing in smite. That he passes through it is okay however from S1-S3 I have seen and heart that junglers are almost always in the mid lane instead of gankign another lane.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MattZard » May 4, 2016 1:46pm | Report
I agree, it is annoying. The reason for it at the moment isn't born of just instinct though. Camping midlane as a jungler when there are no camps up is the logical thing to do. The midlaner is typically a mage which is the easiest lane to gank compared to a tanky solo laner or a duo lane with a high damage adc and a support with mass crowd control. The midlane also has access to both side xp camps which in turn helps the jungler clear camps faster without losing experience due to bumbas mask.

MattZard

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }