Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Classes mean nothing

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Classes mean nothing 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GPDA01 » January 27, 2015 7:21pm | Report
Seriously, why even have class identification in this game if a tank can do more damage than a mage or assassin? Or when a Warrior can have 30 physical power and still hit like a truck? Or when an ADC has more utility that a tank? There's really no point to having class labels at all when you can take Ymir, build health and damage on him, and then throw him in midlane with level one blink. Hit's five, blinks in and 3's, 2's, ult, boom, dead. A TANK should not have a passive that increases damage, nor should he have better scaling than some mages in the game. It just makes no sense.

Then you have Neith, an ADC with a snare, a slow, an AOE Lifesteal, and a semi global ultimate that stuns as well. Those sound an awful lot like CC a tank should have in their kit. Then there's Herc, builds Warrior Tabi and then full tank. Dishes out more damage than an assassin who builds full damage, and can regain the damage he takes every ten seconds or so! It just makes no sense why HiRez would take the abilities of, say, a tank and give them the damage scaling of a mage with a passive that actually increases damage. On a tank.

Sure, stay away from Ymir is your answer. Great, then he blinks in and pops a three second stun. You're dead. Or, if you're a melee fighter, you're permanently denied any hope of trying anything as long as Ymir is there. Buy beads... great, a 100 second CD for a 10 second stun. Fantastic counter, especially when blink is one a shorter cooldown than your beads.

GPDA01

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 28, 2015 1:33am | Report
You really hate Ymir I see.

You can always magi's blessing on top of beads, you can also move towards Ymir when he blinks and he will most likely miss. Ymir has only his combo, if he misses/ you juke it, he's useless for the rest of the fight.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 28, 2015 2:21am | Report
Ymir is known as one of the highest burst damage guardians, alongside Ares, it's just what he does. It's because a lot of his stuff is easily dodgeable or stoppable. The class system is extremely accurate, Ymir just does a bit more than usual since, as a guardian, he only has one CC, and he needs to make up for it. Technically his wall is positional CC, but you know what I mean.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » January 28, 2015 4:19am | Report
Yeah Raventhor is right about Ymir. If you juke or bait out the stun, he'll be hard pressed to do anything.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » January 28, 2015 4:25am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Ymir is known as one of the highest burst damage guardians, alongside Ares, it's just what he does. It's because a lot of his stuff is easily dodgeable or stoppable. The class system is extremely accurate, Ymir just does a bit more than usual since, as a guardian, he only has one CC, and he needs to make up for it. Technically his wall is positional CC, but you know what I mean.

Bruh do you even math. Ymir has a stun, a slow, and another slow. I'm pretty sure that means 3 abilities with cc.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 28, 2015 5:25am | Report

Bruh do you even math. Ymir has a stun, a slow, and another slow. I'm pretty sure that means 3 abilities with cc.

If I'm using CC without a modifier, assume hard cc. Slows don't matter nearly as much as anything because you can still use abilities to escape incoming damage. Geb has 3 hard CC's, you think Ymir is nearly as potent of a guardian as Geb? If Ymir had geb's damage output he would literally never be played. Hell, he's already never played.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryansalt » January 28, 2015 7:58am | Report
Classifications show what a God is supposed to do. A Guardian should tank, a hunter should auto, a mage should use abilities, an assassin should burst and a warrior should be tanky and do some damage. However, Items are completely separate from a God and have a massive impact on what that God is capable of. If you build damage on Ymir then you lose some of your tankiness, so capitalise on it.

As for Ymir being a good damage dealer, only in very low level play.

'blinks in and 3's, 2's, ult, boom, dead' Probably the most inaccurate statement that you could possibly make. If a ymir blinks in then step forwards past him and 9/10 times he will miss his stun. Or just hit him every now and then and he can't blink because he is 'in combat' unless he buys combat blink with it's massive cooldown which is even better, beads and you are away. As Raven said if you use Magi's blessing then you are fine as well. Ymir has an 18 second cooldown on his 3 meaning that he can only possibly hit 2 during your downtime on Magis and if you can't dodge two in 3 stuns... that's your problem.

The items classifications are fine but they don't compensate for skill. With a decent level of knowledge of the game Ymir is one of the easiest Gods to counter.

Ryansalt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » January 28, 2015 10:20am | Report
It's fun how I see ymir is almost never played. but in EU I see more ymir's most of the times in lane as support (building as support).

Also ryansalt in high level play is a damage ymir mostly a jungle ymir so with bad luck he blinks and before you can react you are frozen.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 28, 2015 10:44am | Report
Devampi wrote:

It's fun how I see ymir is almost never played. but in EU I see more ymir's most of the times in lane as support (building as support).

Also ryansalt in high level play is a damage ymir mostly a jungle ymir so with bad luck he blinks and before you can react you are frozen.

True, I'll give you that. And I've seen Omega jungle a LOT back in the day as Ymir, and his ganks were devastating. Still, I think on a general basis, what I've said holds solid weight.

Even a Geb will do damage if you give him a soul reaver and tahuti, but I think you catch my drift ;)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » January 28, 2015 11:20am | Report
If you watch Incon's vids for Ares/Geb middle in ranked, it's pretty sick.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }