Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

BMBrandon gets roasted by PonPon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » BMBrandon gets roasted by PonPon 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » July 27, 2017 8:36am | Report

Yes DM has said and done some stuff that he shouldn't have, but who haven't? I for one has said and done tons of stupid **** that I shouldn't have done or said.

The suicide rant was pretty far over the line IMO. But in his defence he had on more than one occasion talked about his views on suicide on stream (followed him quite a lot back in the early days of Smite, stopped for a long while after that rant.). And he had called ppl out on numerous occasions for making jokes about suicide because of his history with suicide.

And as he said in his "apology" post, he goes blind when it comes to this topic. So he probably didn't read the donation properly like the guy in the second video does.

Yes he handed it wrong, but if one outburst like that is enough to make you hate a guy. I think you are pretty shallow, you don't know DMs history with suicide (neither do I). But a "normal" person with little or no experience with depression, suicide etc. would ofc. not react like that. But you have to be able to think about it not just from your perspective.

So yeah, I still don't love the guy. But he definitely do not deserve all the hate, and I think it is sad to keep bickering about the same old stuff.
Just reminds me of ppl who hate Smitefire for no real reason other than that they have read that you should hate it on reddit...

It's not just the suicide thing, there are multiple videos of him lashing out and being a total ****wad on his streams.

Examples:

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » July 27, 2017 11:53am | Report
Video 1: Looks like a custom, if you watch his stream you know he expects people to know how to play at a decently above average level, where the medusa does in fact make a bunch of mistakes. I'd probably think the same stuff he is saying.

Video 2: Dm is talking to one of his friends in this video over something thats apparently happened before. He's not super nice about it, but like Severance knows Dm and people talking between friends doesn't always require a super clean and positive tone.

Video 3: Instance 1, anhur gets the call that dm's coming in to gank, in a situation with decent kill potential. Instead of fighting he is continually out of position and in the end results in both their deaths where anhur should have definitely been able to live and both enemies would have died. Dm misplayed by continuing to fight after the anhur retreated but still dumb on both ends.

Instance 2, didnt even rage or get mad. All he said was I'm dead

Instance 3: Talks **** on Matty. Unnecessary, but not for no reason as according to the video a viewer said Matty was talking **** in his stream. Stupid and not something he should have done, but not a totally unreasonable response. I've been in similar situations and done the same thing.

Besides the point all these videos are between 2-4 years old and not really even that bm or "ragey". While the age doesn't invalidate them if you're making a point on something currently happening then you want to bring more current examples. Most of his reactions aren't any more insane than you would see in my comms with friends or I imagine many other players. I've watched streams and have seen Zapman, JeffHindla, Incon, and others have reactions like you see in those videos. Yet they aren't singled out by the community like DM is.

I do believe some of the hate is justified, but some of it is caused by people blowing things out of proportion and enjoying the insta reddit karma associated. Yes, he can be an *******, but he's also praised teammates and enemy players for making good plays.

That being said I think we can end this conversation in this thread here as it isn't really relevant to the site or anyone here. If you feel like you have anything you want to say you can direct message me.

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }