Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best tank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best tank 34 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 19, 2013 10:50am | Report

so I'm going to go over all tank gods to make my opinion clear

Ares no enough cc/dps chains slow and ult stun but its all in all a bit lacking/better gods available

Bacchus Nice cc/initiation but not enough follow up

Guan Yu decent support but not a full tank

Hades good cc with ult, fear is not a good cc in my opinion. lackluster in other areas with a wierd heal

Hercules geez not a real tank. better as bruiser/dps good disruptor but not the best initiator

Odin once again not a true tank, better at support/initiator/bruiser

Sobek very tanky/good initiation but I feel that Tail wipe can ruin your own teams plan, ult only good as mana heal/finishing people off at the last second.

Vamana why is he a tank??? he is a bruiser end of story, and then best at it for that matter

Vulcan he's support with way too much dps when built tanky, not a good initiator but can really change the tide of battle ps he's boring to play

Ymir BEST TANK EVER, big *** AoE stun, a follow up slow and can block off whole areas easly. great for initiation and helping team mates while not ruining their plans like tail wipe.

+1 for you ;)
When I started this treath this was the kind of response I was looking for :D
I have to agree on everything exept for the ares and the bacchus part but that is most likely becouse I like those gods so much :P
Also why did you count hercules as a tank?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 19, 2013 10:51am | Report
SmellyHarry wrote:

Ymir is definitely THE tank.

Get good with him and you'll be an irreplaceable asset to any team.

That is so true xd

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sycthrex » February 19, 2013 10:54am | Report
Probably because his role is indicated as a 'Tank'
Xbalanque Newbie Guide

Feel i helped? remember to +rep

Sycthrex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 19, 2013 10:54am | Report

Animusliberus
I do not agree with you entirely ...
Ymir is better tank than Vamana thats for sure. But I always do my best games with full tank Vamana and when I say that it means im the only tank in the team Im not a 2nd option or supporting role or something.
Herc can be tanky but I agree more like a bruiser... Odin hmmm not quite sure about bruiser thing I like him build on defence more cuz he s too weak on the early game.

I have no clue about Vamana but I do know that hercules is no real Tank :P also one of my teammates builds odin as a more damage/tank and he has a weak early game but a great late game like a lot of tanks do ;)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 19, 2013 10:55am | Report
Sycthrex wrote:

Probably because his role is indicated as a 'Tank'

I never knew that, I tought he was a psyhichal dmg dealer :P
Thanks!

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sycthrex » February 19, 2013 11:03am | Report

I never knew that, I tought he was a psyhichal dmg dealer :P
Thanks!

I never really think 'Tank' when i see him, but hovering over Hercules <---- this says Tank as a role.

But yeah, don't think anyone sees him as one
Xbalanque Newbie Guide

Feel i helped? remember to +rep

Sycthrex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 19, 2013 10:06pm | Report
I think there was a Guide on here for Ymir Physical that a bunch of people up voted. I never honestly tried it, but Ymir the unkillable is very deadly and dangerous. His abilities interrupt many other god's abilities and absolutely would wreck players that are too aggressive. Then again, some fed carries can easily take him down before he has a chance to release his devastating ultimate upon them. In my opinion, he is literally one of the best, if not the best Smite tanks available.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 19, 2013 11:04pm | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

I think there was a Guide on here for Ymir Physical that a bunch of people up voted. I never honestly tried it, but Ymir the unkillable is very deadly and dangerous. His abilities interrupt many other god's abilities and absolutely would wreck players that are too aggressive. Then again, some fed carries can easily take him down before he has a chance to release his devastating ultimate upon them. In my opinion, he is literally one of the best, if not the best Smite tanks available.

Yeah there are some counters to ymir that is for sure but a fed carry can take out everything and everyone :P

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emitrist » February 21, 2013 5:37pm | Report
Ymir is the best tank I've played. I love playing Sobek a little more, because he's (in my opinion) just overall more fun to play.
BAKASURA - DEATH MACHINE

Emitrist

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 21, 2013 6:09pm | Report
Sobek's style is really amazing as well. Being able to look good while using his dash and Ultimate. He's viable. I find him quite annoying because of his dash grab. Ymir, I tend to fear him more since his freeze means death for a physical carry.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }