Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best tank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best tank 34 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 18, 2013 7:33am | Report
Sycthrex wrote:

I vote Ymir, just because of his contribution to the Team via CC

I think Ymir is gonna win the voting ;)
My dear Bacchus won't :(

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 18, 2013 7:34am | Report
Nogglez wrote:

Ymir is a godlike tank, pardon the pun. He is borderline OP because of his mass CC and damage, and now that they buffed his ice wall he is the best jungle escapist and chase. (Excluding Thor of course)

Yeah he can escape some sticky situations :)
Btw how is thor a good jungle escapist and chaser?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 18, 2013 7:36am | Report
Dragonblaze wrote:

yep ymir is the galaxy tank

Ymir for the win ;)
I really tought you would say hades becouse of your avatar

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 18, 2013 8:14am | Report
well hades is one of my mains, i have three: 1 neith 2 thor and 3 hades and i'm as good as the order says it :p. But dear noggles made an awesome signature for me :) and bacchus is also one of the best tanks and he has the best initation but unfortanetly nothing to follow up with.
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 18, 2013 8:50am | Report
Dragonblaze wrote:

well hades is one of my mains, i have three: 1 neith 2 thor and 3 hades and i'm as good as the order says it :p. But dear noggles made an awesome signature for me :) and bacchus is also one of the best tanks and he has the best initation but unfortanetly nothing to follow up with.

Well, I do think bacchus can do some beast damage and I use "bodyblock" with him so they can't run away until my belly or belch recharge. I also quite like to use my ulty as a finishing off ;)
As if for Hades he is a total beast :)
I am also quite surprised that no one mentioned sobek or ares so far since they are pretty good as well :P

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 18, 2013 9:41am | Report
well, i'm seeing a pattern here. All the tanks that need magic damage are not so popular to purely being a tank. I'm not sayin they aren't good tanks but it might be there. Yeah ymir has magical damage but first of all he was physical and you can still very good go physical.
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 18, 2013 10:00am | Report
so I'm going to go over all tank gods to make my opinion clear

Ares no enough cc/dps chains slow and ult stun but its all in all a bit lacking/better gods available

Bacchus Nice cc/initiation but not enough follow up

Guan Yu decent support but not a full tank

Hades good cc with ult, fear is not a good cc in my opinion. lackluster in other areas with a wierd heal

Hercules geez not a real tank. better as bruiser/dps good disruptor but not the best initiator

Odin once again not a true tank, better at support/initiator/bruiser

Sobek very tanky/good initiation but I feel that Tail wipe can ruin your own teams plan, ult only good as mana heal/finishing people off at the last second.

Vamana why is he a tank??? he is a bruiser end of story, and then best at it for that matter

Vulcan he's support with way too much dps when built tanky, not a good initiator but can really change the tide of battle ps he's boring to play

Ymir BEST TANK EVER, big *** AoE stun, a follow up slow and can block off whole areas easly. great for initiation and helping team mates while not ruining their plans like tail wipe.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » February 18, 2013 12:18pm | Report
Animusliberus
I do not agree with you entirely ...
Ymir is better tank than Vamana thats for sure. But I always do my best games with full tank Vamana and when I say that it means im the only tank in the team Im not a 2nd option or supporting role or something.
Herc can be tanky but I agree more like a bruiser... Odin hmmm not quite sure about bruiser thing I like him build on defence more cuz he s too weak on the early game.

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » February 18, 2013 12:24pm | Report
Ymir is definitely THE tank.

Get good with him and you'll be an irreplaceable asset to any team.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 18, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Full tank vamana will be ignored ASAP something you want to avoid as a tank
so people build him bruiser so he can take damage and deal just enough to be noticed

as for odin he might be weak early game but the way he can buff his team makes him more of a support so best build bruiser(reinforced boots,frostbound hammer early makes him pretty sick)
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }