Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Key bindings

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Key bindings 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 24, 2013 7:51pm | Report
Most of you know I been playing with a xbox controller when playing smite just because I'm a lazy *** and can sit far away play easier ect.

But... the only thing that always made me kind of mad was the fact the mouse lets you turn much faster and have more accuracy with basic attacks and skills like anhurs ult. But the xbox controller seems like it will always be faster when switching skills while moving, ect.

I wanted to go back to the mouse so what is the best key bindings.
What do the pros use in tournys for their key bindings?

I was assuming WASD to move and QERF maybe? for skills?

Coming off of the xbox controller feels gimp, I tried to use agnis combos and I keep pressing the wrong buttons and I have to let go of the damn movement keys to switch skills where as on the controller I can keep moving while switching skills with my right hand but I can't do that on the keyboard because the mouse is my right hand and has no keys.

On the xbox controller I can press buttons with my right hand where my left hand has to press a million buttons by itself and it seems to slow compared to the controller?

Or I could turn my sensitivity up on my controller... why didn't I think of that?
But if I did that then I would have less accuracy with basic attacks I lose that way.

What is the best key bindings

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 24, 2013 8:17pm | Report
I dunno. But I use QERF for skills, Z C for health/mana potion, X for buy items.
Shift+qerf to learn skills, Mouse 3 - 4 for Actives.

Played around a lot with configuration. This seems to be the best for me.

I personally like everything really close. Lessons the movement required, so technically you're faster.

As for the Agni combo issue. With my configuration, it's really a non-issue being you shouldn't have to ever let go of W (Move forward) with your middle finger to use any abilities.

Just loose the controller man. It's proven to be slower for competitive gaming.

Note - If you don't have mouse 3-4 It would probably be best to use Z-C for actives, and just put potions somewhere else.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 24, 2013 8:41pm | Report
Well I know xbox controller has a few advantages.
- faster pressing actives, switching skills ect.
- Faster training skills while moving ect

but mouse has better accuracy :(
If they made SENSITIVIY for xbox controller I would be able to pwn so hard, the only thing that is bad is it doesn't let you turn as fast

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Deathsession » November 24, 2013 9:03pm | Report
I don't get it. I can train skills instantly and use actives while moving with my setup dude. my
thumb is already on the active button, so I don't have to remove it from anything.

Also, training just requires my pinky (which is free), and a simple finger press, which I might have to remove from strafe keys for a half a second?

Maybe you just need to increase the flexibility in your fingers. Or it might just feel awkward for you just for the fact you haven't adjusted yet.

Deathsession

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 25, 2013 1:53am | Report
Icen: I tried saitek pro gamer control unit few years ago ...

And believe me that when you try it there is no way back:-)

Currently I use few years G13 and advantage of use just your thumb for movement and rest of the fingers can be used to something else (in smite for commands, abilities, actives, consumables, training, open shop etc...)

There is many options...
Logitech G13
Razer Orbweaver
Razer Tartarus

I use mouse steel series cataclysm wow mouse (one of the best for mmorpg) but I would say that for playing smite something else is maybe better:-) (but this is also option how can easily use your abilities - but I would say that its not a best option:-)

I really recommend something like logitech G13 and even though it wont be comfortable at beginning .... you will love it later and you will take advantage from it especially in different games where you need more than 20 keybinds...

EDIT: you will get the best of both .... ability to press many buttons at once when you are still moving and precise control of mouse :-) and the only disadvantage is that you want to have your controller everywhere ... you will want to play everyrthing with it :-) and when you come somewhere where they will have only keyboard and you will not have an controller, you will rather not play :-D

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 25, 2013 2:10am | Report
I guess I am a greedy person meaning if anything slows me down it bothers me.

You guys realize the only advantage LITERALLY is the MOUSE.
Its not they keyboard, the keyboard is a big disadvantage its just that the ADVANTAGE OF THE MOUSE makes up for it.

Like If I could use the buttons like a controller but still have mouse I would have every advantage.

You guys forgot that with a control you only use ONE FINGER to control movement compared to 3 FINGERS on a keyboard.

So its non debateable that the controller buttons are 100x faster because you use less fingers to do things, also the buttons are closer than keyboard and also you can TILT THE ANALOG to adjust speed of movement you really can't do that on a keyboard.

THE MOUSE IS A FACT advantage over any controller though.
So I will agree the mouse is a advantage and its the main advantage because of how damn accurate it is, but as far as quickness with keys the controller wins all day long.

I seen someone on reddit talking about Razer N. I googled the image and it looked like controller fused with a mouse fused with a keyboard? WTF IS IT?

Its like this - I LOVE THE MOUSE but HATE the keyboard because I can't follow up with combos, while using actives while using potions all at the same time without moving fingers like I can on a controller. That is why I hate the keyboard. But the main reason I hate the keyboard is because
- I can't figure out ANY key binding that allows me to have the 1,2,3,4 skills all lined up so I can just move my fingers up. Because using WASD to move ****s this up.

For example: If you are using WASD to move, the closet you can get to a strait line is QERT but the W ****s up your perfect line because W is in the way because you need it to move.
You see I want my skills set up like QWER so they are all in a line but while my fingers are not 2 spaces below them so I can reach them easier. (I have smaller fingers its hard to reach two damn spaces up all the time)

Thats why I hate the keyboard. BUT I LOVE THE MOUSE.
If I could somehow use the keyboard movements and skills as good as the controller I would use it but I can't find a key binding that is good enough, or maybe I have to get used to it?

Oh and the skills can't be set up to 1234 because thats stupid, then I will have to move my fingers off of WASD meaning I can't move while switching between skills. Thats why I like the xbox controller because I can move with my left hand while switching skills with my right and aiming all the same time. With the keyboard lets say your skills are set up to 1234 you need to move off of WASD to use them.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by antarian » November 25, 2013 2:35am | Report
ICEN: did you read my post? :-DDDDD

no but seriously ... buy G13 and you will have both. Mouse and joy controller:-)

From what I read G13 or razer is exactly what you need. (I have G13 and prefer it because it have analogue joypad) or razer nostromo which you describe

btw. if you see picture of nostromo it doesnt have anything from mouse...
It merges keyboard with joypad. I am not sure now but I think that nostromo is not analogue as Logitech G13

EDIT: I have similar feeling like you until I tried it when I need to aim and move at once in age of conan. I need also 20+ keybinds so you wont be able to do this on controller... I would even say that using it is like cheating especially in games where you need to press lot of keybinds quickly and move all the time (strafe from left to right from right to left, turning etc..... and still hitting your target while you doing this :-D)

Logitech G13

basic description
your right hand is on mouse and you are doing everything what you are used to do on mouse ... aiming etc ...
your left hand is on Logitech G13 and your left thumb is on joypad and you are using it to control movement (same way like you are using joypad on xbox controller) and then you have 4 free fingers which you can use to whatever you like :-D (in our case pressing that 22 buttons) Not all of them are easy to press for anyone. I am already use to it so I can press any button but it take some time...

The razer nostromo (I think its already old and not sold anymore) or orbweaver e(new version) have same function and the only difference is that joypad is not analogue ... (so it just simulates WASD ...)

antarian

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 25, 2013 3:01am | Report
It's painful trying to play with an entirely new apparatus, so I actually recommend creating an alternate account to practice with combo's. Some might disagree, but that is a huge handicap to place on yourself.

As for my keybinds, I have strafing left and right keybound to two mouse buttons, but everything else is generally default - it's very easy for me to press every key.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 25, 2013 3:40am | Report
antarian wrote:

ICEN: did you read my post? :-DDDDD

no but seriously ... buy G13 and you will have both. Mouse and joy controller:-)

From what I read G13 or razer is exactly what you need. (I have G13 and prefer it because it have analogue joypad) or razer nostromo which you describe

btw. if you see picture of nostromo it doesnt have anything from mouse...
It merges keyboard with joypad. I am not sure now but I think that nostromo is not analogue as Logitech G13

EDIT: I have similar feeling like you until I tried it when I need to aim and move at once in age of conan. I need also 20+ keybinds so you wont be able to do this on controller... I would even say that using it is like cheating especially in games where you need to press lot of keybinds quickly and move all the time (strafe from left to right from right to left, turning etc..... and still hitting your target while you doing this :-D)Damn that soundssss sexy having that left thumb analog.

Logitech G13

basic description
your right hand is on mouse and you are doing everything what you are used to do on mouse ... aiming etc ...
your left hand is on Logitech G13 and your left thumb is on joypad and you are using it to control movement (same way like you are using joypad on xbox controller) and then you have 4 free fingers which you can use to whatever you like :-D (in our case pressing that 22 buttons) Not all of them are easy to press for anyone. I am already use to it so I can press any button but it take some time...

The razer nostromo (I think its already old and not sold anymore) or orbweaver e(new version) have same function and the only difference is that joypad is not analogue ... (so it just simulates WASD ...)

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 25, 2013 4:08am | Report
I use the default lol. Got used to it. Never found it a h***el.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }