Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Duo Lane opinions?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Duo Lane opinions? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LunaticDG » July 22, 2015 10:48pm | Report
Hey im fairly new to this game and was wondering what are your guys best duo lane gods?

LunaticDG

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 23, 2015 12:08am | Report
I mean generally a guardian paired with a hunter is best (although Hades is not very good at this role). The pairings between the two really depend on how you play the god, but generally it's better to have an aggressive support (eg: Ymir, Ares) paired with an early game hunter (eg: Cupid, Medusa), while more defensive supports (eg: Kumbhakarna, Geb) work better with late game hunters (eg: Artemis, Xbalanque).

It's also important to consider your ADC's escapes as gods like Artemis and Ah Muzen Cab have no leaps or dashes and will require more hard CC for protection (making gods like Ares less desirable in this regard).

However, it's important to remember that this is not the be-all end-all of the duo lane. There are other gods that can ADC (eg: Chronos, Freya), other gods that can support (mostly warriors like Sun Wukong and Tyr), and there are ways to run a "kill lane"" which essentially is what it sounds like: a lane designed to destroy the enemy duo lane, often with a high damage/high CC support character like Fenrir.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 23, 2015 1:18am | Report
Okay. Time for advice not from a horrific optimist/idealist.

Just, look. EVERYONE goes Guardian/Hunter. No choice in the matter. You just pick whoever you want and use the standard build everyone gets and do whatever.

If you pick someone like Fenrir support or Freya ADC, you will lose nine times out of ten against competent players who understand and can exploit your weaknesses, like weak waveclear and inconsistent damage. For example, you can just walk into a Pulse early game, taking roughly 20 damage and forcing minion aggro.

REALISTICALLY, just go copy what the "pros" are doing, because it's really that simple. If Artemis is "in," go pick Artemis. If Athena is "in," and she is, pick Athena. Pick the flavor of the month or whatever, and you'll do fine.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 23, 2015 1:25am | Report
funny zilby doesn't mention athena.

the only combo I do know for duo lane is the Medusa Athena combo.
as athena's taunt works well with medusa's ult.

lso a hades cupid lane is a combo (still hades isn't a good support) as cupid ult keeps them into hades ult and hades ult keeps them into the cupid ult

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfy » July 23, 2015 4:27am | Report
What's the best duo lane with neith ?

Wolfy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » July 23, 2015 5:21am | Report
I think neith can do with most of the current supports. She has good clear (so support can pick something with not that great clear, like Ares). She has an escape ability so she does not need that much peel from support to stay alive.

To be honest, I can not think any combo ( like Athena + Medusa and Ymir + Anhur ) for Neith. Maybe pick a good early game support for some early aggression because neith's late game is worse then other hunters'

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 23, 2015 7:00am | Report
@Sub, the last three games I played ADC I had a Loki support, Sun Wukong, and Ares. I was playing unmastered hunters against mastery 5 hunters and above, yet had great duo lanes with the Loki and Sun Wukong and a bad game with Ares (mostly because he was super aggressive, but you know, whatever). As long as you coordinate well as a duo lane and your matchup works against the enemy's you're fine (also having a guardian somewhere else on the map for your late game team comp helps). Following the pros closely only starts to matter in league conquest gold and above.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfy » July 23, 2015 2:00pm | Report
So who would you say works well with neith please and if you can think of any could you name of a few so I could try them thanks.

Wolfy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 23, 2015 5:19pm | Report
Neith is a very versatile goddess since she has a great escape and cc, making her less reliant on her support overall. Because of this, I'd recommend a more offensive support, like Athena, Ymir or Sobek since they can set her up well for her early game ability combos.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » July 24, 2015 3:41am | Report
Wolfy wrote:

So who would you say works well with neith please and if you can think of any could you name of a few so I could try them thanks.

What Zilby said, and I think you can add Ares and Hercules to that list.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }