Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Banned?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Banned? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 15, 2013 4:53pm | Report
For anyone with a similair issue stranding here, or otherwise interested, this topic on reddit is very relevant: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1qme8d/new_news_and_warning_on_how_smite_handles_bans_to/

Hi Smitee's,

Just now I tried to log in however I got the message that "Your account has been banned".

This is extremely out of place since I have done no illegal activities in any way. (Not in the literal sense or in any kind of verbal act that makes me target for being banned).

I sent a ticket to Hi-rez regarding the situation, but if this is a bug of sort I would like to know. I'm highly disturbed by the entire situation. :\

Thiel
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 15, 2013 5:06pm | Report
I also linked to this topic in the ticket I supported, if correct Hi-rez has a human review for all ban appeals, so he/she from Hi-rez should end up reading this. (Hi!)

Anyone here that can vouch for my legitimacy would be much appreciated.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 15, 2013 5:32pm | Report
Thiel is a great guy :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 15, 2013 5:51pm | Report
Thiel wrote:

Hi Smitee's,

Just now I tried to log in however I got the message that "Your account has been banned".

This is extremely out of place since I have done no illegal activities in any way. (Not in the literal sense or in any kind of verbal act that makes me target for being banned).

I sent a ticket to Hi-rez regarding the situation, but if this is a bug of sort I would like to know. I'm highly disturbed by the entire situation. :\

Thiel
AGAIN NOBODY BELIEVES ICEN

What have I been telling you guys ever sense I been on this forum?
I DO NOT BELIEVE that Hi-Rez actually looks at everything because its IMPOSSIBLE TO DO.

I believe if you get a certain amount of reports in a certain amount of time they just ban you as a warning THINKING you are doing something wrong I mean why would people report you ?

Well you see people report over everything.

How many people have you seen get banned so far on this forum, on others, and everyone claims not to have done anything wrong...

Now obviously someone is going to lie about that BUT NOT ALL OF THE BANS are people lying.
Out of all the bans is VERY possible that not everyone is just lying and they are truly getting banned for what they see as "no reason"

No company will EVER admit to banning someone for no reason because it wouldn't make them look good BUT I USE COMMON SENSE.

Common sense tells me when you have a HUGE player base it is IMPOSSIBLE to moderate everyone, so you will have to use ways to INCREASE YOUR SPEED, and that just so happens to be viewing your reports ect.

Doesn't mean its true but its what I BELIEVE PERSONALLY.

None of you believe us until you get banned then you'll be the next believer asking why you got banned for no reason. I could be a **** and say YOU DID SOMETHING!!! But I know that its likely not everyone is doing bad things.

Its easy to ban people on forums because there is not a billion people on it.
Its not so easy banning billions of people daily and not having the man power to do it.
People get banned daily... there is no way a human can keep up with all those bans unless they have enough people working for Hi-Rez that almost outweighs the people playing smite.

I doubt that so I will believe SOME if not HALF of the bans/warnings are just gotten after you reach a certain amount of bans and I doubt they go IN DEPTH to see if you did what you did, if they went IN DEPTH for EACH PLAYER they would never get done.

Its okay though if its a short ban but if its a perma ban then wow that sucks.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 15, 2013 6:18pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

AGAIN NOBODY BELIEVES ICEN

What have I been telling you guys ever sense I been on this forum?
I DO NOT BELIEVE that Hi-Rez actually looks at everything because its IMPOSSIBLE TO DO.

I believe if you get a certain amount of reports in a certain amount of time they just ban you as a warning THINKING you are doing something wrong I mean why would people report you ?

Well you see people report over everything.

How many people have you seen get banned so far on this forum, on others, and everyone claims not to have done anything wrong...

Now obviously someone is going to lie about that BUT NOT ALL OF THE BANS are people lying.
Out of all the bans is VERY possible that not everyone is just lying and they are truly getting banned for what they see as "no reason"

No company will EVER admit to banning someone for no reason because it wouldn't make them look good BUT I USE COMMON SENSE.

Common sense tells me when you have a HUGE player base it is IMPOSSIBLE to moderate everyone, so you will have to use ways to INCREASE YOUR SPEED, and that just so happens to be viewing your reports ect.

Doesn't mean its true but its what I BELIEVE PERSONALLY.

None of you believe us until you get banned then you'll be the next believer asking why you got banned for no reason. I could be a **** and say YOU DID SOMETHING!!! But I know that its likely not everyone is doing bad things.

Its easy to ban people on forums because there is not a billion people on it.
Its not so easy banning billions of people daily and not having the man power to do it.
People get banned daily... there is no way a human can keep up with all those bans unless they have enough people working for Hi-Rez that almost outweighs the people playing smite.

I doubt that so I will believe SOME if not HALF of the bans/warnings are just gotten after you reach a certain amount of bans and I doubt they go IN DEPTH to see if you did what you did, if they went IN DEPTH for EACH PLAYER they would never get done.

Its okay though if its a short ban but if its a perma ban then wow that sucks.

Uh, no offense, but you often turn a statement that could be phrased with a few sentences into a short essay. The above obscenity to the English language has 400 words, which actually goes over the limit of most short college app essays.

Watch as I transform your tirade into a few simple words:

Why does no one listen to me?

Common sense says that HiRez does not have the time to review every single player, so they streamline the process by banning based on the number and timeframe of reports.

A lot of people say they're banned for no reason, and some may be lying.

None of you believe us until you get banned, and I could be rude and claim you deserved it. But I know better.

People on forums are easier to ban compared to the entire playerbase. A lot of bans are not very well investigated.

Permanent bans are terrible.

Word Count: 100

I just shaved 300 words and made them a bit easier to read. You kind of repeat yourself a lot, and make walls of text. Your points are also often incoherent and rambling, and sometimes ever descend into tangents. It's not so much that people don't listen to you, more like people aren't willing to go through the effort of reading your words.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 16, 2013 2:44am | Report
If you are banned, you are banned it doesn't matter if it's for no reason. A company like this will never remove a ban.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }