Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone else think there maybe an ego problem?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anyone else think there maybe an ego problem? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » June 12, 2016 2:37pm | Report
So I don't know if this guy was trolling but I do believe there is a bit of an ego when we have a favorite god. So recently I had been playing ranked I ran into a few cool guys we partied up and had a few good games but this one game arena we ended up losing we didn't care gg we lost bad but the enemy team had the advantage we had a player disconnect and they kept ganging up on us one at a time but whatever. Now I wish it could have stayed as a whatever you know? "Can't win them all" but the enemy team had a Hel and I was playing Hel and for some strange reason they felt the need to just attack me saying how terrible of a Hel I was and that my build sucked. Now I won't go to into detail but he didn't even have mastery I am about to be diamond with Hel so I feel I know what I am doing and I'm open to constructive criticism but this guy didn't do that and my question to everyone have you come a cross people like this and would you agree in saying he there is a bit of an ego issue?

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » June 12, 2016 7:28pm | Report
Well while yes EGO is a huge problem, when it comes to god knowledge/mechanics and build mechanics I personally think that mastery level has overall nothing to do with it. I mean overall you could get to mastery 10 playing the god "wrong" so to speak. But unless there is constructive criticism it's 50/50 chance for either a toxic ego, or a troll.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » June 12, 2016 7:54pm | Report
I can see how mastery is not a good stand on skill but rather a sense of "I should know what I'm doing at least or the basics" and how this guy went about it is just bleh I mean I've sent messages that judged peoples build but how I went about it was "gg man try witchblade to counter the slowing and beads is always good" something along thoses lines but how this guy went about it was just toxic.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 12, 2016 10:09pm | Report
Ignore/block toxic players, they don't do you any good. If you want constructive criticism on your builds you can always find it here :)

Also regarding him having no mastery, to play a god in ranked you have to be at least mastery level 1, so he was probably (unless he's a hacker) hiding his mastery level (you can do that in the settings).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » June 13, 2016 12:41am | Report
At the end of the day, it's up to you whether you want to take the toxic person's message or not :D I tend to not listen to toxic people. Don't let it faze you, and as Zilby said, if you want constructive criticism, you can find some here :D

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 19, 2016 12:33pm | Report
Sometimes even toxic people can give constructive criticism. Sadly most don't.

And Mastery lvl never said something important especially now you can hide it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }