Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anubis' Passive Lifesteal Scaling Increase does not seem to Work

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Anubis' Passive Lifesteal Scaling Increase does not seem to Work 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 8:50am | Report
Sorrow says it grants 33.3% scaling toward magical lifesteal. I assumed that this means any lifesteal is multiplied by 1.33x, so 12% lifesteal would become 16% lifesteal, roughly.

I tried this out in practice. Fairly simply, just get Bancroft's Talon, Pythagorem's Piece, and Polynomicon, and just basic attack something. The number you get shouldn't be anywhere near 47% lifesteal.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » February 4, 2014 9:53am | Report
Sub....

His abilities apply that Sorrow buff that per tick of your abilities, you get a stack of Sorrow (max 3 stacks). You have to first get 3 ticks of your abilities and only then check. And when fully stacked it grants 100% increased magical lifesteal so you'll get far more than just 47%. You can almost get to 100% if you add Divine Ruin to these items.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 4, 2014 11:04am | Report
It turns out, what was confusing me was that magical lifesteal works differently than physical lifesteal. I feel so cheated; more on that shortly.

I went level 20 Anubis vs Ra bot, had Pythagorem's Piece, Divine Ruin, and Polynomicon, for a total of 50% lifesteal exactly.

I then used a single Grasping Hands at Ra bot. This is a list of the tick damage.

1: 137 damage, gained 22 health.

2: 145 damage, gained 31 health.

3: 153 damage, gained 32 health.

4: 163 damage, gained 34 health.

Test this out yourself, I have repeated this experiment and I can duplicate the results, and you should too. If you notice, none of these are 50% lifesteal.

1: 22/137 = 16.06% lifesteal
2: 31/145 = 21.38% lifesteal
3: 32/153 = 20.91% lifesteal
4: 34/163 = 20.86% lifesteal

16 x 1.33 = 21.28% lifesteal, which roughly fits with the amount I got.

tl;dr: I learned that tick spells calculate lifesteal differently, and it takes only one stack of Sorrow to gain the lifesteal benefit. Apparently, magical lifesteal is divided by 1/3, making it an incredibly useless stat.

Edit: Seriously, I feel cheated as hell. Polynomicon gives a mighty 3.33% lifesteal and Pythagorem's Piece gives an actual 8.33% lifesteal. Just...ugh. You could argue that the area damage/multiple targets counteracts this trait, but teamfights are where lifesteal is usually the LEAST effective.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }