Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Alright, so we're getting 2 Hunters?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Alright, so we're getting 2 Hunters? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 10, 2016 3:24pm | Report
We're getting 2 hunters in a row..? :/

Currently, Skadi's a hunter & she's very interesting. Her attack speed & base damage doesn't look that impressive although it looks like she's the 1st all out ability based hunter. Eh, I like it imo.

Changes that should happen to Skadi before live client:

- Kaldr now applies crits
- Kaldr has somewhat of the frost-bound passive to make up for Skadi's atk speed/boxin'(Altered)
- Skadi's 1 now has knockback to it instead of penetration

Jing Wei has already been confirmed to be the next god + the idea of his kit was by accident put on the live client. He looks interesting as well (Banish, aoe steroid/basic attacks, multiple ground target ult, etc) although are we seriously getting 2 hunters in a row? I was kind of hoping for an assassin since we've haven't had one for a while. I don't think I can even count Ratatoskr as an assassin because you can barely counter build with him due to his passive & he's so weak. I'm really disappointed; I was looking forward to new assassins & guardians :/

What is your opinion on this matter?

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » March 10, 2016 5:13pm | Report
Zelvios wrote:

- Kaldr now applies crits

Please no. All hunters build crits. Skandi is literally the only hunter that doesn't have to stack crits. Lets keep it that way so we actually get so a hunter that doesn't have builds identical to every other hunter.
Zelvios wrote:

- Kaldr has somewhat of the frost-bound passive to make up for Skadi's atk speed/boxin'(Altered)

No. She already has a slow on her 1 and her ult, and it's a pretty brutal one. This rewards Skandi for landing her skillshot. When you slow somebody with your 1 to get the most out of Kaldr, it feels good. If Kaldr just slows people on his own, it's just boring.
Zelvios wrote:

- Skadi's 1 now has knockback to it instead of penetration

God no! If her 1 knocked gods back, it would also knock them back from Kaldr, making it harder for him to reach them and get the 2X basic attack. It's ridiculously counterintuitive, compared to the synergy with the 1's current slow.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 10, 2016 8:51pm | Report

Please no. All hunters build crits. Skandi is literally the only hunter that doesn't have to stack crits. Lets keep it that way so we actually get so a hunter that doesn't have builds identical to every other hunter.

No. She already has a slow on her 1 and her ult, and it's a pretty brutal one. This rewards Skandi for landing her skillshot. When you slow somebody with your 1 to get the most out of Kaldr, it feels good. If Kaldr just slows people on his own, it's just boring.

God no! If her 1 knocked gods back, it would also knock them back from Kaldr, making it harder for him to reach them and get the 2X basic attack. It's ridiculously counterintuitive, compared to the synergy with the 1's current slow.

- All of Skadi's abilities automatically proc crits :P

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 11, 2016 12:49am | Report
I feel like kaldr is missing some info. does he also apply on hit effects?

also nex S3 did boost hunter build variety a little bit mostly in the early build part

(and Qin's Sais has also become better again compared to S2)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 11, 2016 4:43am | Report

Please no. All hunters build crits. Skadi is literally the only hunter that doesn't have to stack crits. Lets keep it that way so we actually get so a hunter that doesn't have builds identical to every other hunter.

Nah, it synergizes fine. Skadi knocks them back into her 3. It'll make her more competitive to play + it'll actually make sense. (Just like Anhur 2)

At the moment, Skadi has horrible atk speed stats. She's an ability based hunter so some of her abilities (or kaldr) should be able to proc crits & frost-bound effect for new hunter builds on Skadi. She'll be very weak outside of her ult if this change doesn't happen. She can't outbox any of the hunters in her current condition + she has no actual escape. The knockback would help her 1+3+2 combo & it'll make them keep a distance while fighting her (Especially if Kaldr procs bonus damage/crits/possibly penetration/etc). Even if Kaldr proc penetration/any items are fine. I just think the knockback will help her find her role in the solo lane. (Let's be honest; if she has weaker atk speed than Hou Yi then she won't be able to outbox anyone)

Skadi is an ability based hunter; that's why this change needs to happen.

Also, the current meta most hunters are building penetration.

Zelvios

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }