Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Agni Vs Anubis 1v1 Match #1 Agni is King

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Agni Vs Anubis 1v1 Match #1 Agni is King 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 11:18am | Report
So I was playing a domination game whenever my team mate said Agni is a second rate mage.
I said what does that mean? He said it means he is the second worst god in the game.
So I said, um no he is like the Best mage in the game what the **** are you smoking?

So then people start saying things like
- Agni has low DPS
- Zues out damages him
- Anubis can melt agni
- Anubis better DPS and escape doesn't matter all agni has is mobility.
- He kept saying how my beads won't matter he anubis is still better than agni.

So I then say okay 1v1 me and I will show you why Agni is the best mage in the game
I said I will out poke Anubis and beat him and out sustain him.

So he 1v1'd me thinking he was going to win (he was actually quite good) probably because he was trying hard with anubis to win.

So I beat him, he killed me twice because I was staying close and had no CD when I should have ran. Anyways, like I told him, my Poke would out range him and my beads will get out of his ult.

At the end of the game he said how he didn't play his best (thats what they all say) yet when it was tied he didn't say that. He tried to play ***** games and hide while getting buffs. I got no buffs the entire game and I stayed mid lane. I hate when people try to hide like little whimps in a 1v1. Anyways I'm just here to say
AGNI IS #1 MAGE in the game or one of the best.
[/img]

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 27, 2013 12:17pm | Report
This dude got 100 wins in domination and only 25 in conquest.. He is level 25. Of course he got no idea what he is talking about. Agni is way better than Anubis in any ways, but the burst from time to time. If an Anubis catches you off guard and then drops his full combo on you if you don't have beads ready you are screwed. But a good Agni should always be able to escape such a situation.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 27, 2013 12:50pm | Report
Agni #1 mid no doubt ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 27, 2013 12:50pm | Report
No matter how I look at these two mages I still find Agni better in every way . Agni can evade Anubis' abilities while Anubis can't evade Agni's .

However , I can think of two mages that could be better than Agni in 1 vs 1 IF both players would be on the same level of skill and knowledge on that god.

- Athena could just dash to Agni , taunt him into her 3 and a finishing spear will make Agni look at the respawn timer .That if she can survive early & mid game .Beads would make her have a hard time getting him .
Yeah , I know , Athena is a tank but she does a great mage as well late game .I consider her to be a mage .

- Freya could also easily rape Agni and if he dashes away she has her ultimate to finish him off . Only CB could save agni at this point or aegis if Freya doesn't have beads to refresh her cooldown .

When it comes to teamfights Agni is definitely the best mage .He can initiate without even getting closer to enemies , save chased team mates or finishing fleeing enemies .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 1:08pm | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

This dude got 100 wins in domination and only 25 in conquest.. He is level 25. Of course he got no idea what he is talking about. Agni is way better than Anubis in any ways, but the burst from time to time. If an Anubis catches you off guard and then drops his full combo on you if you don't have beads ready you are screwed. But a good Agni should always be able to escape such a situation.
How do you see their level as in their xp level to know he is 25?
I don't know if he is good playing normally I don't really care, I know he was better than most people who play 1v1's though but maybe he was trying super hard not to lose ^.^

Oh I forgot I told him something at the begging of the match.
I said "I hope I can **** on you the way I had an Agni **** on me as Anubis before"
Before you came back to this forum, I made a thread a while back saying Anubis can't do anything to Agni if Agni camps back. Basically I long time ago I played against a really good Agni in conquest that just camped out of my CC range and poked me over and over meanwhile I can never get him.

So I did the same thing to him, I just kept staying out of his range meanwhile I can Ult him and he can't do anything about it. But thats not how I got kills, I got kills by ulting then dash + stun him + flame wave, juke and ult repeat. Then I beads his stuff.

Oh and what was more funny, is how he wasn't the only one saying Agni sucks.
Someone else on my team said the same thing, also I even played a game with @all4games today and someone said Agni sucks..... but I assume they were just trolling me :D
well I hope

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 1:23pm | Report
Romanians wrote:

No matter how I look at these two mages I still find Agni better in every way . Agni can evade Anubis' abilities while Anubis can't evade Agni's .

However , I can think of two mages that could be better than Agni in 1 vs 1 IF both players would be on the same level of skill and knowledge on that god.

- Athena could just dash to Agni , taunt him into her 3 and a finishing spear will make Agni look at the respawn timer .That if she can survive early & mid game .Beads would make her have a hard time getting him .
Yeah , I know , Athena is a tank but she does a great mage as well late game .I consider her to be a mage .

- Freya could also easily rape Agni and if he dashes away she has her ultimate to finish him off . Only CB could save agni at this point or aegis if Freya doesn't have beads to refresh her cooldown .

When it comes to teamfights Agni is definitely the best mage .He can initiate without even getting closer to enemies , save chased team mates or finishing fleeing enemies .
Tell me if this sounds right, I am saying Agni could beat both because of this.
Well I am going to try to imagine what it would be like to 1v1 those gods.

Athena - For some reason I don't picture her beating agni or even coming close to beating agni 1 on 1. I don't play athena but I don't believe should would be able to beat agni. I mean her dash you can see and hear because it has to charge up. Her ult is useless she basically has no ult 1 on 1. I just don't think she can do much against agni. Anyways I think Agni's ult out rangers her too.

Freya - She would be harder than athena but if I was to face a freya 1v1 this is what I would do? Someone can tell me if this is what you would do because its what I would assume to do to beat her.

- I would buy aegis to counter her ult making it useless, and trust me it counters it
- I would just spam long range moves since she has to get close to do anything
- If she floats me in the air I am just going to dash once I hit the ground then stun her from following me.

These would be gods I would assume I would have a harder time with
Chronos : I played against a pretty good choronos that was owning me in domination. I'm not sure about 1v1 but I know that chronos installed some fear of his power in me when I seen him. That slow + 1 stops agni from dashing if he lands it, plus he can rewind his hp back if he gets too low.

Ao Kuang - I think he would be annoying to face if he camps back and keeps trying to range me with tornados, because his nados do stupid damage if he manages to get you with it. Basically I think he would be a challenge because he clears waves fast, has a ton of range and won't die if camping with nados plus his ult can melt me but I would buy aegis for his ult.

hebo - hebo always does stupid *** damage but I don't think he would be able to get close enough UNLESS he water sprouts me to him, maybe if its a very good hebo player I would have a hard time IDK.

Ra - I only say this beacuse he can heal up poke damage and snipe me MAYBE. Ra snipes hurt and can kill you in one attack if your a bit under full hp. I think if he doesn't have his ult though agni will win.

ZEUS - he literally does stupid ****ing damage, I'm surprised dumb ***** in the tournaments are just now picking his ***. Its just the fact he would get on my nerves because of the dumb **** combos he can do. I would say ZEUS can F Agni up if he gets close enough.

Poseidon - maybe because of his burst with kraken

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 27, 2013 1:44pm | Report
I looked his stats up on the official website.

Here
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 27, 2013 2:04pm | Report
Agni is the top mid, there's not really a debate about it. Ao Kuang is probably the second most picked mid at the top levels simply because he can safely clear against him, not because of anything else. He has so much utility, staying power with his mana free ults and a ridiculous escape so you can't even gank him.

Zeus and Anubis 'do' outdamage him, but that's just one part of the game. Anubis is bad and anyone who argues Anubis > Agni is bad too. That much should be obvious. Zeus is probably better than Agni overall at the moment, but that's just because HiRez consistently buffed an already broken character. Agni is still preferred in mid because he's so hard to gank. Once both are balanced at least a little, Agni will be significantly better.

Agni is one of the most broken characters in the game though, so he should do fine in most 1v1s.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 27, 2013 2:10pm | Report
Phil725 wrote:

Agni is the top mid, there's not really a debate about it. Ao Kuang is probably the second most picked mid at the top levels simply because he can safely clear against him, not because of anything else. He has so much utility, staying power with his mana free ults and a ridiculous escape so you can't even gank him.

Zeus and Anubis 'do' outdamage him, but that's just one part of the game. Anubis is bad and anyone who argues Anubis > Agni is bad too. That much should be obvious. Zeus is probably better than Agni overall at the moment, but that's just because HiRez consistently buffed an already broken character. Agni is still preferred in mid because he's so hard to gank. Once both are balanced at least a little, Agni will be significantly better.

Agni is one of the most broken characters in the game though, so he should do fine in most 1v1s.

Your statement about Ao Kuang being the second most picked mid is incorrect. The second most picked mid is Poseidon, the one that can counter Agni. Ao Kuang is more of a situational pick. Honorable mention is He Bo, way more picked than Ao Kuang.

But yes, Anubis is on a bad position right now. He is way too much reliant on his combo, and the fact he lacks mobility is pretty much the reason he is bad. Zeus received a ridiculous amounts of buffs recently to his attack speed, and much more.

Agni is way too strong. But that's how MOBAs are: Some characters are stronger than others.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 27, 2013 2:28pm | Report
Ao Kuang is picked a ton in ranked ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }