Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Agni Vs Anubis 1v1 Match #1 Agni is King

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Agni Vs Anubis 1v1 Match #1 Agni is King 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 27, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Ao Kuang is also picked alot in tournaments and I can even see him being the most picked in the 100k tourny. You can basically zone so hard in teamfights and just burst everyone down. If you force a fight in the jungle with Ao Kuang you might as well just surrender.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 27, 2013 2:51pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Your statement about Ao Kuang being the second most picked mid is incorrect. The second most picked mid is Poseidon, the one that can counter Agni. Ao Kuang is more of a situational pick. Honorable mention is He Bo, way more picked than Ao Kuang.

But yes, Anubis is on a bad position right now. He is way too much reliant on his combo, and the fact he lacks mobility is pretty much the reason he is bad. Zeus received a ridiculous amounts of buffs recently to his attack speed, and much more.

Agni is way too strong. But that's how MOBAs are: Some characters are stronger than others.

Not in ranked and not in the current meta. Poseidon is pretty far out of favor at the top levels. His damage is so inconsistent that you shouldn't have him as your only magic damage (outside of a tank.) Even in lane he doesn't really counter Agni because Agni's dash is so broken that he can get it off between the time that Pos starts casting his whirlpool and the time that cripple takes effect. Poseidon is great against people who don't buy aegis and don't know how to counter him. Put him in a situation where people will aegis his ult, then force objectives while he's pretty much useless and he's not good. Poseidon's not top tier anymore.

He Bo and Zeus can both stand up to Agni because their pure damage numbers are so high, but Ao Kuang is the safest bet. Try to play too aggressive mid as Zeus or He Bo and you should get ganked to death. Isis and very rarely Chronos are the only other mids really played in ranked/tournaments.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 3:03pm | Report
Ao kuang is near damn OP in 3v3 joust... I literally got shat on because of his damn torndaos not letting me move any where.

Then again I had no tank it was me anhur and zeus, our anhur kept camping and was too afraid to impale anyone.

They had a pretty ******ed combo that was annoying as hell.
- Ao Kuang, his tornado in 3v3 joust is stronk as ****, it litrally takes up 3/4ths of the damn lane so you can't move anywhere plus he clears the waves so you can never push to his tower.

- Vulcan, if Ao Kuang wasn't stupid enough with his tornado covering 3/4ths of the lane vulcan made it even stupider having his turret on the other side and him throwing balls at your face

- Beeman, to top it off you have honey ***** spraying honey up your *** and your infected team mates keep infecting you.

3v3 ao kuang is stupid op for that game type.
Because you can't move around in lane with 6 people up your *** and a gaint tornado that does a **** load of damage and takes up the entire lane.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 27, 2013 3:31pm | Report
Then sorry. I haven't been watching a lot of tournaments recently. Last time I watched a tournament, Agni, Poseidon and He Bo were the top picks. Ao Kuang hardly ever showed up, alongside with Hades.

But yes, Ao Kuang is pretty strong on 3v3. His tornadoes can almost cover up the entire lane. AoE mages are strong in this game mode.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 27, 2013 4:55pm | Report
Actually I seen an Ao Kuang in a recent tourny just a day or two ago.
I seen it on youtube I can't remember who was playing though.
I just remember seeing Ao Kuang then falling asleep with the computer on....

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 27, 2013 5:45pm | Report
ICEN wrote:

At the end of the game he said how he didn't play his best (thats what they all say) yet when it was tied he didn't say that.

Lol, I love this excuse.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }