Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Database Item Prices Discussion v2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Database » Database Item Prices Discussion v2 7 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Which would you rather see?
Total Price - voinglory
Total Price (Tier Price) - infinote
Total Price / Tier Price - Mobo
Tier Price (Total Price) - smote
Tier Price / Total Price
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 3, 2015 5:21pm | Report
Quite a while ago, the "colored team" on SmiteFire took on an assignment of changing all the item prices to a more structured format. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see here.

I'd like to change it is because the order isn't logical. The total price should be the main information and then if necessary, give the tier price. No other site has it in this order. Personally I'm not really sure I like the "/" from doto and mobo but I like parenthesis. Just a total price also looks pretty orderly (on official site as well).

Now that we have an expanded team, we have the luxury of being a bit more meticulous.
This is our format currently - Tier Price (Total Price)

What do you think?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » February 3, 2015 6:10pm | Report
Personally, I was a fan of the original xxx/xxx/xxxx setup, although item branching made that a bit difficult to manage. But of the options you've listed, I think the current one is best. Or rather, I honestly don't see a "logical" difference between xxx (xxxx) and (xxxx) xxx - it's easy to discern the total in both of them, so the only real thing changing the order will accomplish is unnecessary work for editors willing to help.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 3, 2015 6:24pm | Report
Hm...You're probably right. But don't let the work dissuade you, I'm prepared to do it alone since I have the time. It would be a bit tedious, but I did something of the sort to change the prices to what they are now.

Maybe I'm the only one that is irked by the order of prices?

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » February 3, 2015 6:39pm | Report
I think the XXX/XXX/XXX is still possible and i like it too. You just need to remove the second and thir one for tier 1 item and thr third one for tier 2

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » February 4, 2015 1:26am | Report
I think it's fine the way it is.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 4, 2015 6:31am | Report
for me this really depends more on the item. for tier 3 you can put the total price first and then the tier price but for 1st or 2nd I don't mind

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » February 4, 2015 3:49pm | Report
Well I can only ask for more votes! I guess it shall remain the same if the majority likes it the way it is.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }