Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What is the Width of a Guide?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » What is the Width of a Guide? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 12, 2013 5:05pm | Report
I've been having trouble prettifying a monster of a code, and it has everything to do with those damned columns. I think if I knew the width of guides, it would help solve my issue. Does anyone know?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 12, 2013 6:10pm | Report
tl;dr version: I think it's around 700 units.

Anything below this rule may not be pertinent to the thread.

Purification Beads is one of the best ways to mitigate Crowd Control, which can really ruin Artemis' day. This is essential when against a CC-heavy team, and is especially potent with the speed build, where anything that hampers your ability to dodge can be fatal.
Blink

blink is a very versatile item. You could use it to suddenly get into range with Calydonian Boar, for surprise ganks, or to chase. Combat Blink is also an option for less skilled players, or those who simply want a get-out-of-jail-free card if they mess up.
Sprint

sprint is great for anyone who likes to chase/gank, but it is also very useful for Artemis, who has no escape. The ability to shoot without slowing plays well with Vengeful Assault. Think of this as a Purification Beads if the enemy team relies heavily on slows.

This is made of 230 x 3 columns and 30 x 2 in between, making it 750 units. But from my eye's measure, the width seems to be about 700 units. (Er, reffering to guide space since forum space seems to be wider)

But from what I can tell from experimentation, any overlap in columns space tends to eliminate space to fit the columns in. Most often, it eliminates empty space, before shrinking images and text.

But I'm afraid I couldn't test on asymmetrical designs.

For example: This bit of BBC:

[columns]
[nextcol width=300][center][icon=deathbringer size=200][/center][nextcol width=200][center][icon=shoes size=200][/center][nextcol width=200][center][icon=greaves size=200][/center][nextcol width=200][center][icon=warrior tabi size=200][/center][/columns]

Results in this
greaves

Note that the Deathbringer column's width was supposed to be 300.

But look at this:

[columns]
[nextcol width=300][center][icon=deathbringer size=300][/center][/columns]

Aka:

And you can see that 300 units is wider than that, before it got shrunk to fit the other images.

Hopefully this explained the shrinking effect.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » November 13, 2013 1:56am | Report
The width of a guide is 682 px. Happy editing! :D

Subzero008 wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

Why make it more time comsuming than it has to be, when you could just inspect the element and find out in about 5 seconds?

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 13, 2013 10:09am | Report
Many thanks to the both of you, hopefully this will bring good results.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }