Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Guide for Making Builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » A Guide for Making Builds 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by whitestuff » January 15, 2014 4:20pm | Report
Hey everyone, hope ya'll are doing alright. I've got a question some of you may answer. If there is a thread on this then who ever is in charge for regulating the forums can this down (but please be kind enough to redirect me to said thread T_T). Anyway, I was wondering how many of you are capable of making builds for Gods/Chanps/Heroes or whatever they're called in whatever respective MOBA you play. Its something that's always gone completely over my head and I was hoping some of you could give me advice on learning to create builds e.g. What should I consider when looking at a build, Is calculating your own stats along with how Items affect said stats necessary, considering your character's abilities when making said build, etc [...] I'd really appreciate the tips, hints, tricks, and advice from anyone willing to answer.

whitestuff

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 15, 2014 4:28pm | Report
There are a medley of factors that determine the builds. First and foremost, no build is absolute: you must take into account how your enemy is building and then choose your items accordingly. You also have to take into account whether the majority of your damage is applied through basic attacks or through skills, the cooldowns of the skills, how the damage is applied (instantaneously, over a set duration, or in an area), how much utility the skills bring, how easily you can shrug off damage or escape tight spots, etc.

For example, if the majority of your damage comes from basic attacks, you're generally not going to need a lot of cooldown reduction. If you rely on your skills, however, the it's important to have them off cooldown as often as you can.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 15, 2014 4:37pm | Report
First, in Smite they're Gods :)

Second, I am only very versed in smite from exceptional experience. In LoL and DotA I don't even try to make my own, but in smite there's a general summary you can go for.

Assassins: Warrior Tabi, Deathbringer, Malice, Armor Penetration Item, Lifesteal Item, Situational

Carries: Warrior Tabi, Qin's Sais, Executioner, Malice, Deathbringer, Lifesteal Item

Mages:
-CDR Mages - Shoes of Focus, Breastplate of Valor, Rod of Tahuti, Polynomicon, Magic Penetration Item, Situational (Gem of Isolation is a good final)
-Caster Mages - Other Shoes, Rod of Tahuti, Obsidian Shard, Magical Lifesteal Item (Still Polynomicon often), Gem of Isolation, Situational
-Auto Attack Mages ( Freya, Chronos, etc) - Either mage shoes, Demonic Grip, Fatalis/Telkhine's Ring, Polynomicon, Rod of Tahuti, Obsidian Shard/Spear of the Magus, Situational

Bruisers: Warrior Tabi/Reinforced Greaves/Ninja Tabi, Voidblade, Hide of Leviathan, Jotunn's Wrath, 2 situationals (usually hybrid defense/attack items like Witch Stone or Ankh)

Tank: COMPLETELY situational. You itemize around enemy team.
Good tank items in general: Bulwark of Hope, Hide of the Leviathan/Urchin, Mystical Mark, Sovereignty, Breastplate of Valor, Void Stone, etc.

In general, you just learn what types of items are best. How much penetration you need. If you want to nuke someone with attack damage or whittle them with a lot of attack speed items and Qin's Sais. It's situational, but if you want better ideology behind WHY these are generally core builds, I'll try to explain that moreso than the builds themselves.

In the end, it's logic. As a mage, do you want a lot of spells, or hard hitting ones? As an ADC, you're pretty much set on full DPS. As an assassin, do you want to have better sustain and run through their squishies, ro assassinate one target? For a bruiser, what's the BEST balance of offense and defense? As a tank, what is their composition, and what items can I buy to help me survive and help my team survive?

The most important thing is knowing the items and where they work.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 15, 2014 4:39pm | Report
That is the second-vaguest question I've seen. I'll give an equally vague answer.

Build are complicated. You have to play the god a lot and then think hard about what to build. Then you have to pick whatever item is best for the god or situation. Role is also important.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }