This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Vote received! Would you like to let the author know their guide helped you and leave them a message?
Nu Wa is a mage that has been out of meta for quite some time, and because of that many people do not know how to play her properly anymore.
Nu Wa has high ability scaling on Shining Metal (almost her entire source of damage) so benefits from high power builds with 40% cooldown. However in the current meta this is usually very hard to obtain, the solution being a less bursty and more poke and team fight oriented mage (think Nox but less damage and cc).
Nu Wa's base combo is an immediate 2 into 3, followed by an auto cancel 1 with auto attacks after that. This will usually get the most damage off, and secures the most consistent damage (If you have her passive up then fire an auto prior to this combo to ensure all damage hits)
She has very poor escape abilities, with her 1 speeding her up and cloaking her, and her ult allowing her to move through player deployables. So basically you have to have good positioning all while maintaining a close distance to the fight to get your damage and cc off.
Nu Wa's laning phase can be very rocky, as she has low clear compared to other mages, no sustain, and is an easy target for ganks.
My solution to these problems is to do something taboo to most mages, use your escape as a clearing tool. By level 4-6 a Shining Metal and Mysterious Fog (along with a few autos on brute minions) will clear wave fairly fast. The key here is to Shining metal as soon as you can hit the whole wave, then auto cancel into your mysterious fog (facing towards the enemy wave), then immediately turning back and keeping your distance while autoing the front minions. I find this better than using shining metal twice on the wave and using fog for escape since by the time anyone can gank you after this your 2 3 combo will still be up, and a 1.1-1.4 second stun works better than 10% movement speed that you can only get for about 1 second (since Nu Wa outspeeds her fog).
By the time Mysterious Fog is maxed it tends to one shot the wave in a Mage build, which leaves Shining Metal up to use as cc for a gank.
Always keep your distance from both the wave and the damage of the enemy god. Even without an escape, Nu Wa is very hard to chase down without a dash, stun, or cleanse.
- Shining Metal contains almost all of her damage, NOT her minion ability. The explosion damage is controlled by the level of Shining Metal.
- Your explosion combo loses around 60-70% of it's damage if you don't hit the enemy god with Shining Metal (The explosion is only a small amount of the damage)
- Nu Wa's Explosion damage DOES NOT STACK. Meaning exploding 1 minion does the exact same amount as exploding all 3! That is why I stall upgrading her 2 after the second level.
- Nu Wa DOES NOT need massive penetration builds! Her minions (max rank) reduce protections by 45! She only needs 10-20 flat penetration for Fire Shards/Shining metal out of combo.
- Weaving autos as Nu Wa is anywhere between 30 and 60 percent of her damage depending on her level and build, she is one of the most important mages to auto weave on!
- Using Nu Wa's ult in the middle of a fight (even without secure) can be very helpful, as it can early proc items like bulwark, book of the dead, and asi. And can allow people like Kali, or any god with bloodforge or mail of renewal to go in safer and get a more secure kill.
- Use your root auto to escape stick-on gods like Osiris and Kali!
You need to log in before commenting.
Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved