Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Playing Guan Yu in a "supportive role" was actually more fun as I expected.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Playing Guan Yu in a "supportive role" was actually more fun as I expected. 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » September 2, 2017 3:31am | Report
I played Guan Yu in the lasts episode of SMITE A-Z Gameplay (the series where I play every single god in the game) and I must admit it was more fun than I expected it to be in the beginning. As Guan Yu is far away from being a god that I neither like to pick nor played often I expected it to be a more boring recording.
The build is definitely not up to date season 4 - but was suitable in that situation.

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » September 2, 2017 11:08am | Report
Nice! I like the idea of your series... Guessing you're doing it in alphabetical order?

If you'd like, check out my Guan guide... It is now updated and is focused on Support.

Giving you a bit of feedback if you don't mind.

In Solo lane, you need wave clear help, so bluestone is important. In a team fight situation in this match, I'd suggest Watchers. Why? You have 3 gods with strong early wave clear. You are also very mana hungry (possibly get mana buff to help with that) and your early heal isn't all that strong...so watchers will help sustain like crazy.

Right now, Sov is considered a bit weak. You were facing 3 physical gods, all of which are damaging (rather than tanky), so I get the appeal.

I'd move as soon as possible into CDR in a mode like Clash...just so you can constantly spam your abilities. Also if you get Bov, you'll have way less mana issues.

Anyway, good game, I'll have to check out some more of your videos.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BenskyGaming » September 2, 2017 2:59pm | Report
Yes it is in alphabetical order, correct. Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it. Was a fun game, despite the fact that I kinda dislike being forced to play support as a warrior.
Happy if you like the content and greatful for any kind of support.

Best

BenskyGaming

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }