Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Way to Start in Joust?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Best Way to Start in Joust? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » December 29, 2017 9:56am | Report
What's up, OhHolyDuck here breaking down the possible ways to start a Joust match.
We'll break down 3 starts, the pros and cons of each, of which one could be the most ideal start for you in your next Joust games. Be sure to check it out, and let me know how do you start your Joust games!

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 29, 2017 11:17am | Report
I like the subject and the breakdowns. Some comments:
  • Just gotta get this out there...HOW DID YOU LET THAT ENEMY Ra JUST WALK BY?!? He had 1 basic's worth of health left, and you had your Honey available to use (if not just hitting him as he walked right in front of you!!!). I might have done a quick eradication from my mind, but I had to watch it AGAIN. My only guess is that you didn't want to KS your team's Thor, but in the end, Ra made it out alive @#)($%*#^!)(@. There is no such thing as Kill Steal...only Kill Secure (within reason, haha). Also, why did the Geb get the blue buff??? That should probably have gone to AMC since he's mana hungry early game and it'll help him spam Honey...and if you win red, that would go to Thor for his poke.

• In most of my Joust games, funnily enough, I don't use ANY of these 3 starts. We usually do a 4th, which is just squaring off in the middle to start. We'll grab the Red if the enemy decides to get the blue buff first, but most often it's like a 3-man version of the normal Conquest start, contesting lane for out-clear. It's usually not worth it to fight over the red, as many times, it's a coin toss as to who will win it. If we can out-clear the first wave, normally we'll look to poke the enemy, forcing them back to allow us to get a head start on the 2nd minion wave. If we can increase our advantage from there, we'll go for the red at that time. On the flip side, if we are losing the wave battle and they go for red, we just go to secure blue.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » December 29, 2017 3:14pm | Report
To point one, I didn't want any of us to get kills as it would effect the gold and XP totals we would get. I wanted to get that math without kills or assists being factored in. I told the Thor not to kill him. Also, these were against bots, not players.

To point two, I think that the 4th start you speak of is very common, and that you try to win the first wave to grant you the buffs. I think that ends up happening a lot. I was trying to take the objective mind set when I created this video.

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 29, 2017 3:56pm | Report
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my bad Duck. Makes a ton of sense, lol.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }