Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why I sell Qin's Sais late game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Why I sell Qin's Sais late game 3 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

What do you do with Sais?
Keep them
Sell them
Dont buy them at all
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrLadyfingersMD » January 3, 2014 10:27pm | Report
Don't get me wrong; Qin's Sais is an amazing item, early-mid game. However, on gods who rely on crits for their damage, it's damage becomes very irrelevant late game.

The only thing I find helpful late game is the 25% attack speed. When you're critting for 600+ damage, you're hardly going to notice the extra 20-50 damage Sais will typically give you. I would much rather have an item such as Hastened Fatalis. I find Sais to be almost useless late game, and it drives me insane to see others keep them.
And no, this does not leave me without lifesteal. Sais is never the only lifesteal item I buy on carries, I will almost always have either Devourer's Gloves or Bloodforge as well, as Sais' lifesteal is very minimal.
I play Smite. I like Smite. I like to think I'm relatively good at Smite.

DrLadyfingersMD

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 3, 2014 10:33pm | Report
It helps melt through no matter who you're dealing with late game, especially on tanks. The % of missing health on a tank ensures NO matter who you're hitting, you WILL do a lot of damage. Sais is a better alternative to stacking physical penetration, since sais will help no matter what, penetration won't. 20-50 damage is definitely a mid game number at BEST, especially counting the base damage. I just watched Subzero post a video where the dude bought qin's sais 7 minutes in, and it had hit for 80 damage at one point.

It's especially useful, since most people will waste (or use if you so desire) their abilities before basic attacking, instead of using abilities to secure a kill. In this sense, Sais is a good finisher.

Then again, I have Hastened Fatalis AND Sais, since the attack speed complements the Sais passive in good conjunction.

And two lifesteal is never bad, my friend.

Sais is the only item that scales exponentially into late game, since literally no matter who you face, they will ALWAYS be gaining health with levels, and it will ALWAYS be relevant.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 3, 2014 10:49pm | Report
I understand that they were trying to provide an "execute" mechanic with Sais, but I think it could have been better implemented. That said, Raventhor is correct; Sais are way too valuable to sell.

When you see ability-based gods buy Qin's Sais, you could say that the item is a bit too useful for its own good.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }