Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which Conquest setup works best for you?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Which Conquest setup works best for you? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 19, 2013 1:51am | Report
So with the latest patch, jungling has taken a big hit, and towers take away more gold from you if you're forced under them. The shape of one of the sidelanes (the one near the Fire Giant) has also been shortened as well, which has led to a lot of different compositions showing up recently. I've been hearing of people trying many new lane setups in Conquest, and finding success with them.

My question is, what setup do you all swear by now in Conquest at the moment?
  • 2-1-2: The classic setup.
  • 2-2-1: Overpower the short lanes to get a gold lead!
  • 1-3-1: Overpower mid with a trilane and spread outward!
  • 1-1-2-J: Run a jungler to support the solo lanes!
  • 2-1-1-J: Jungler setup with more emphasis on pushing rather than gold fury control.

Feel free to leave a post and share your opinion of what you go by and how it's worked out.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 19, 2013 2:35am | Report
I like either the 1-1-2-J or 2-1-1-J (i don't really feel the difference. I like to become the solo lane (as Neith and beat them out and feel proud and also have the same amount of gold and exp as mid with still mages at mid (most people felt that mid must be mage)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 19, 2013 3:21am | Report
Mages were usually mid because it was a short lane, meaning they could retreat under the safety of their tower faster. Mid also required someone good at pushing to keep the tower up, and most good pushers usually fell under the category of "mage".

Most of the ranged gods, except for Cupid, can clear waves relatively well, what usually holds them back is their smaller mana pool. Some melees like Thor are also very capable of pushing waves, but again, mana issues hold him back.

Personally, I'm a fan of the 2-2-1 and 1-3-1 setups, as I prefer to see my opponents starved of gold and experience while their tower crumbles if they try to hold it solo.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 19, 2013 3:42am | Report
2-1-1-J: The jungler just doing his thing (mid harpies and ganking), sololane (the short lane) with wards at the 2 blue camps so he can push and don't be in a bad spot if someone is trying to gank.

As long as the sololane keeps wards up, mid/jungler keeps wards at mid harpies, duolane keeps ward at Gold Fury and enemy blue you pretty much got the game.

As mid it is important that you help the jungler to control the mid harpies (so that the enemy jungler doesn't get ahead).

That is pretty much how my optimal game would go at least, might be someone has other ways to play :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 19, 2013 11:33pm | Report
Since I been playing Ne Zha all day yesterday, I been asking my team if they want me to lane or jungle. Every time they always want me to jungle and thats what I have done.

I have noticed seeing Ao Kuang lately as a solo lane but sometimes I will stop jungling and push up the solo lane to stop the solo god from getting gold. Whenever I did this I notice most of the time it seems as if their jungler will be forced to help their lane out since they are no longer getting gold and will not be able to solo as well if I'm helping my lane get gold.

It really hasn't effected anything I been doing the only thing I noticed is some mages I never seen are trying to solo now.

The not getting gold from towers might lead you to not jungle as much since you will want to help your lane out to make sure the other team doesn't get gold and your solo lane does.

Basically I was jungling but with more helping the solo lanes.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 20, 2013 2:44am | Report
2-1-1 and a half.

To elaborate, 1 solo lane, 1 duo lane and a lane with a person that pops in and out of the jungle and roams occasionally, but mainly stays in that one lane.

Back when this was the meta, I had the most fun. There's pretty much no other reason for why I prefer this.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }