Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tri-Laning

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Tri-Laning 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by William24 » July 2, 2013 3:50pm | Report
Hey guys I am new to blogs and things like that so sorry if nothing looks good or makes much sense. I was wondering if anyone has tried to tri-lane in smite like in Dota or LOL. I haven't tried it but it makes a little sense. You could have two confident solo lanners like a Ra and an Odin or any combo. Then you could have three very strong people like a Ymir a Thor and something else. (All lane combo's can be re done.) So if anyone has tried tri-lanes could you message me back and see how it went? Thanks.

William24

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 2, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Well, tri-laning is not viable on SMITE, saw some people doing it once on Casual.

Let's suppose this:
Odin is soloing the right lane, Ao Kuang is soloing the mid lane, Thor, Ymir and Aphrodite are on left lane. Odin and Ao Kuang will get lots of exp, but Thor, Ymir and Aphrodite will have less exp, because of sharing, and also overpush their lane, making the enemies tower hug.

So Tri-Laning is not good.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Orbmaniac » July 2, 2013 4:52pm | Report
2 man jungle works pretty well tho, and you can pressure 1 lane allot if you for some reason want to do that. works allot like a Dota 2 tri lane.
IGN: Orbmaniac
Proud member of Smitefire EU.

Orbmaniac

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 3, 2013 3:06am | Report
It depends on who you are up against, if you do a tri-lane against a duo-lane it isn't worth it at all because 2v3 isn't hard to tower hug against. But doing it against a solo-lane (mid) can give you the first tower on the first wave if you got girdle of might and none comes to help the poor guy. Then it will pay of, but after the first tower is taken it really isn't worth it because you lose out on exp and gold.

So it is viable the first 2-3 min if you just rush down the mid tower. But doing it a full match will just hurt your overall farm.

(Yeah it is better to go with 2 junglers, that way you can counterjungle really well and shut down the enemy jungler).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 6, 2013 11:47pm | Report
2 man jungle is 3 solo lanes? And if they gank often enough the entire team levels at the speed of a solo mid player. Anyone tried this before?
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 6, 2013 11:57pm | Report
I'm thinking if everyone jungle and use bumba's mask (which I believe will have the normal experience and gold and always tank :P

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 7, 2013 7:32am | Report
Tri-Laning only works if the enemy is tri-laning. Since no one tri-lanes, it doesn't work.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 2:47am | Report
trilane doesn't work in smite because xp is shared by proximity to creep deaths and not just horded by whomever last hitted something. It is that difference that makes trilane viable in dota. Because the carry can eat pretty much everything while the supports subsist on jungle treats and enemy hero kills.

In smite, a trilane will get gold/xp starved because the gold/xp will be split 3 ways.

What makes more sense in smite is a 1L 1M 1R 2J line up. Every lane has ONE god pushing it that remains passive most of the time. Simply protecting the tower and trying to stay alive. With 2 junglers roaming around killing enemy lanes. When the junglers show up the lane they arrive in goes active for the duration. Good combos for the junglers is usually an AD carry and some sort of heavy CC tank or another god with good stuns. If the jungle team can double or triple stun enemies they are much more effective.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 11, 2013 3:37am | Report
Karmashock wrote:

trilane doesn't work in smite because xp is shared by proximity to creep deaths and not just horded by whomever last hitted something. It is that difference that makes trilane viable in dota. Because the carry can eat pretty much everything while the supports subsist on jungle treats and enemy hero kills.

In smite, a trilane will get gold/xp starved because the gold/xp will be split 3 ways.

What makes more sense in smite is a 1L 1M 1R 2J line up. Every lane has ONE god pushing it that remains passive most of the time. Simply protecting the tower and trying to stay alive. With 2 junglers roaming around killing enemy lanes. When the junglers show up the lane they arrive in goes active for the duration. Good combos for the junglers is usually an AD carry and some sort of heavy CC tank or another god with good stuns. If the jungle team can double or triple stun enemies they are much more effective.

please look at the dates before you post on a tread. now you are necroing.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 1, 2013 10:39am | Report
On the jungle concept though (sorry to keep necro going) the two jungler thing is quite smart. Lets you farm the enemy jungle as well.

Creationism

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }