Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Unique Neith

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » The Unique Neith 25 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 20, 2015 4:40am | Report
Still, I prefer a noob picking Neith to a noob picking Ah Muzen Cab or Xbalanque as he will most likely wasted its ultimate! xD
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 20, 2015 1:50pm | Report
(Is amc ulty really so hard to miss or is it that I'm way to used to using a ra ult being way easier to miss then hitting AMC ult)

I would prefer to a noob not picking the adc role at all though. I would prefer that they would support jungle or solo lane (because in late game an adc wins or loses your game same is for your apc (the mage mostly the mid laner). I have seen it happen in some games that people who had no idea how to play the game (they could play and hit stuff but mechanically and positionally they were so OoP that it hurts my eyes while I played solo warrior or support) lost a team the game. the only way to come back from this is to have a good apc in your team to compensate (or a good carry jungler like Kali) for it. And that's only if the other team has a bad one.

That is also one of the reasons I would encourage smurfing. If you want to play with someone new to the game (especially new to the whole genre) make a smurf (but don't play like you normally do so you don't pubstomp that hard take a more supporting role (jungle or support) as otherwise your friend won't learn anything) at least for my team. If it's in the enemy team and it's known (because if you have the time you can easily search for their account in smiteguru or other things that can give away lvl etc. (like for LoL the new razer app that comes with razer coms)) the enemy will just use your friend for free farm (especially bad if he is the apc and even more if he is the adc.

my proof

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » September 21, 2015 12:31am | Report
I kinda agree, but not completely.
I wouldn't play carry/mid-lane with a newbie as a support/jungler. That would be the worst; I'd be ganked so often that the whole team would be doomed, and it's a really frustrating feeling.

In the other hand, if you play support/jungler you can avoid your ADC/mid to be targeted too often and maybe set up kills for him so that he'll have XP advantage that MIGHT compensate a bit. Even a noob can shoot at a frozen target (considering I'm playing Ymir, which is my favorite in that case).
The best case scenario is actually to leave the solo lane to the noob and yourself be the jungler (in that case, I really like Athena) so that you can come to the rescue of the noob when he's bellow the 50% HP threshold (noobs don't know when to retreat...)

The best case would be to avoid noobs... but I don't understand how the matchmaking system works. Despite I'm lvl 30 for a long time now, I still keep meeting newbies.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 21, 2015 9:32am | Report
FUUUUUUU my comment got deleted (and I forgot to copy it) so a short recap.

-if you get ganked so much you are doing something wrong.

-even with a good support the new player can be olibirated (the Cho gath game proved me that)

-I agree solo lane and not hitting them is way better.

-I don't know if you mean noobs as in the new player that got into a high lvl game because pre-made or just a player that plays for a really long time but just doesn't understand the game at all (and mostly are toxic and I hate those guys a lot)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rinorim » September 21, 2015 10:21am | Report
I tend to agree that playing a carry of some sort or another helps greatly when playing with an underskilled player.

The reason I say this is because usually when you have a lower skilled player, then enemy team will have one too, not always, but sometimes. This usually leads to overall longer game times which means that even if you get a bad start as ADC or jungle, you might be able to catch up.

Playing support or solo can work too, but your late game contribution will just never be as high as someone who can rack out kills like throwing a bowling ball down the lane o.O

There have also been a lot of situations where I will perfectly set up kills with Ymir or Ares and my "buddy" won't even know what's going on even if I give him plenty of verbal heads up.

ADC all day
Carry since 2011

Rinorim

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }