Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Shielded Recall on a tank?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Shielded Recall on a tank? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » September 12, 2013 9:33am | Report
Note: I have not put this strategy to the test yet and I have never used shielded recall. So it truly is theory (though ill test it later today)

As I understand it, shielded recall will let you recall back to base faster and without interruption (unless you get stunned). This seems like an interesting item for a tank.

In many instances, I have found myself in a situation where I press into the frey to stun, throw, push, or block enemies so that my teammates can escape. The carries must live, the tank is expendable (tank 101).

In many of these cases ill have several enemies slowly pecking away at me. I try to run but I used all of my cooldowns to save my allies. I won't out run them since they are the same speed and most likely im slowed. Its just a slow death.

Enter the shielded recall. Depending on what 'hard cc' means, this would let me recall to safety in these instances. This means I could save allies without feeding the enemies a kill. Since I am a tank, even with 3-5 people peppering me with attacks im guessing, if timed right, I could recall before they get the kill blow.

This item could also be used for other sorts of distractions and other instances of diving into enemies and escaping alive. Of course, a combat blink may simply be better...I don't know.

Has anyone ever tried a strategy like this?

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 12, 2013 1:02pm | Report
I woul pick sheilded teleport unless you called athena. It would give them a bit more utility and they need to place wards anyway.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » September 12, 2013 5:47pm | Report
I suppose either way works. Ive never really used either before. I threw shielded teleport on sobek and it was quite nice...bouncing to where needed the help instantly without spending 150 gold a pop.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 12, 2013 10:08pm | Report
And you can go to wards.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » September 13, 2013 1:35pm | Report
Yeah, I know about the wards, its a cool item but I feel in team fights that certain other items may still be better. I dunno. I wish with the shielded teleport you could still use it to recall.

And very very embarrassingly, I was sobek with HoG and Shielded recall. I rushed into to steal the starting harpies and accidentally hit recall instead of HoG....it can't be canceled. LOL. Kinda embarrassing but funny.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » September 15, 2013 6:41pm | Report
Ive decided...meh

Having the recall just causes accidental clicks and who wants to run away? Its a 'would be nice in some situations' but overall its just for more beneficial to the team to have a debuff or another active.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » September 15, 2013 7:58pm | Report
Stunning gods isnt as hard as it used to be. Im pretty sure if you were swarmed at least one god will stun you.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » September 16, 2013 12:43pm | Report
This active is very good on tanks, I have used it quite a number of times with tanks and even bruisers, the best part is if you ever enter a bad encounter and your team is safe but you are the new focus, you use this active making the enemy team get nothing for your team's mistake, overall this active make bad encounters or unfortunate ganks redeemable, rendering many of your team's mistakes less punishable keyword:LESS
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » November 1, 2013 8:00am | Report
One stun is often not going to be enough for a tank, 1-2 secs and then you still get to teleport. I've seen people doing this and it's quite effective from what I witnessed. Now if you get like 4-5 guys ganging on you with multiple stun/mesmerize/whatever, then of course you're dead, but nothing will save you in that case (and if your team is half decent, things shouldn't get that one-sided). It can also save you from laning phase ganks if bought early in the game. Very nice on guys without escape abilities like Ares.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 1, 2013 9:50am | Report
You could also get Magi's Blessing for extra insurance.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }