Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possibility of extending all Ability kits to 5 Total

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Possibility of extending all Ability kits to 5 Total 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » November 25, 2013 12:22pm | Report
What if in Smite at some point, all Gods had an extra ability given to them. Be it a passive, or spell...thoughts?

This could be a substitute to adding a bunch of overlapping hero kits down the line, and continuing to focus on Smites' unique core set of Gods.

Keep in mind I'm not advocating against continued influx of new heroes, as there will be plenty more to come I am sure.

Edit:GODZ

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 25, 2013 1:01pm | Report
Hmm. I really don't know what to say to this. Can't shoot it down right away, and can't advocate for it on the spot. I'll let the others play this one out.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » November 25, 2013 8:38pm | Report
this can be potentially dangerous, while as a fenrir play I would love another move, I shutter to think what a cdr he bo's 5th move could possible be, because we all know it too would have a low cooldown -_-. In all seriousness while low tier gods could be bumped up a notch and solid gods be more fun to play, adding a 5th move for all gods will only make the rich get richer, all OP gods instantly become broken because of it. so for that I say it would need to be a passive, either that or all these 5th moves would have to be EXTREMELY utility based, or perhaps every role gets a class specific ability.

Guardians get -> ?
Hunters get -> ?
assassins get -> ?
mages get -> ?
warriors get -> ?

it would be nice if each role had to chose what what it would be out of a pool of 3
example: tank
1# - minions towers, and jungle automatically agro to you, causing your minions to fight the god you fight, and enemy minion attack you. (similar deal for towers)

2# - When activated all CC is extended by .5s

3# - when activated before the death , you're respawn timer is reduced by 40%

similar option for a players 5th move will vary of course for the different roles, but all tanks will have the same choice out of the 3 listed. (these are just example moves, please don't tell me about how their not balanced, its all just off the top of my head for the sake of the argument)
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 26, 2013 5:44am | Report
no just no because each god would simply have "too much"

have you ever got hit by 5CC in a row? Thanks now you just doubled that to 10.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 26, 2013 9:37am | Report
AJs idea sounds nice, class specific abilities. But it would make for a lot more work that it sounds like. You would either have to raise the level cap to 25, and redo all the stat scaling and possibly gold and XP to balance it out, OR you would have to bring all skillpoints down to 4 cap and redo ALL the level scaling on EVERY ability.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » November 26, 2013 11:53pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

AJs idea sounds nice, class specific abilities. But it would make for a lot more work that it sounds like. You would either have to raise the level cap to 25, and redo all the stat scaling and possibly gold and XP to balance it out, OR you would have to bring all skillpoints down to 4 cap and redo ALL the level scaling on EVERY ability.

perhaps a pre-game lobby choice? so you have already chosen the 5th move by the time the game starts? other moba's have pre-game mechanics and choices that help them during the actual match.
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 27, 2013 1:22am | Report
So you basically mean a Summoner Spell from LoL with a lower CD?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pickled » December 4, 2013 6:14am | Report
I played a MOBA a couple months back that had a Q, W, E, Ult and a Signature ability. Basically the Signature was an ability that could only be used once per game and had the chance to change games.

One of the champs turned into a wrecking ball of destruction, killing everything in his path. Another had a huge AoE stun that damaged for massive tick damage, and another champ's made her team invincible for like 3 seconds and turned all damage into healing on them.

I think it would be a fun thing to implement and before everyone says, "THAT'S OP!" When you have 10 different Signature's that can be used once per game and even used to counter one another, it's not really OP. Plus most of the Signatures were used during the laning phase out of panic.

I don't know. It'd be different and fun.

Pickled

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 4, 2013 6:39am | Report
Little late to add an entire ability to every god, 45 gods in and with beta ending in march. It would require SO MUCH balancing to make sure every single god stays in relatively balance with each other, that it would be way too much hassle. Every god right now is in relative balance (Ever since the Artemis, Bastet, and Arachne buffs recently, no god is *unviable*, just some aren't the best). This would shatter that balance.

What does this mean? It means the only way to balance it is to make the ability not change the game entirely. How is this done? Implementing the same types of ability, as what Pickled said, to every god. But what's the problem with this? It's basically already in game as actives. Adding the Signature move sounds too powerful since it's once per game, and while everyone has their own (basically the definition of balancing through imbalance), it's still kind of an unideal situation to have such a massively impacting ability that only works once per game. You accidently use yours in the wrong time, and bam, they save theirs for a final game teamfight and just all blow theirs simultaneously, GG.

This became longer than I would have liked. Basically, I don't think it's good for game balance, and would make future gods harder to design, since they now have to be unique from a bunch of gods with 5 spells instead of 4. Reskins of the same ability would be everywhere.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » December 13, 2013 7:36am | Report
It could be added later down the line, after the beta has ended and after the game has went Gold.

This could be included in an Exclusive Smite expansion pack or such...maybe along with a new map, or some game modes. I would totally purchase that......

SupaAPE

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }